Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Song of the Day

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay

    Comment


      I am going to post 50s music for a while. I have the impression that some here might like to hear it. I don't know a lot about 50s music, though. What little knowledge I do have largely came from watching Happy Days in the 70s. All I have lined up so far are about 50 songs.

      Let's start with this one. Requests for other songs are welcome. I will post them if I can find them, which you usually can on YouTube.


      Chubby Checker - The Twist

      Last edited by flatcap; 10-26-2023, 07:30 AM.

      Comment


        Bill Haley and his Comets - Shake, Rattle and Roll

        Comment


          Chuck Berry - No Particular Place To Go




          Chuck Berry - School Day

          Last edited by flatcap; 10-28-2023, 05:04 AM.

          Comment


            Danny & The Juniors - At The Hop

            Comment


              The Harptones - Life Is but a Dream

              Comment


                Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire




                Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On

                Comment


                  Little Richard - Tutti Frutti

                  Comment


                    Chubby Checker "The Twist" is probably great exercise, and the instructions for how to do it, for anyone who's forgotten, are right there in the video.

                    Some of these songs in this thread have been long-time favorites of mine that I've almost played to death or listened to on the radio many times.

                    Islands in the Stream
                    Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon"
                    Born to Be Wild
                    White Room
                    Ain't That a Shame
                    Shake, Rattle and Roll
                    School Day
                    Tutti Frutti
                    Great Balls of Fire
                    Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
                    Let It Be
                    Maggie Mae
                    Can't Find My Way Home
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      I'm glad you're enjoying the music, agate. I am trying hard to post music people here can relate to. I am also posting songs that I would guess most haven't ever heard but might enjoy hearing. Sometimes, I post an oddball song that I am pretty sure no one has heard just to see if people will give me any feedback on it. You have several times, agate — I'm thinking of DEVO — which I appreciate. I also sometimes post a song just because I think it is funny in one way or another.

                      Comment


                        I remember all the ones Agate mentioned and use to do the twist. It was fun .
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          The Monotones - Book Of Love

                          Comment


                            You're turning into our DJ, flatcap!
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              Thanks, agate. I'm having a lot of fun with it. More to come....

                              Comment


                                Paul Anka - Diana

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X