Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Warm with a gentle breeze , around the 60-75 that you mentioned.
    Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
    the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

    Comment


      #17
      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Disturbing if you have heart problems and live in a rural area of the USA.
      Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
      the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

      Comment


        #18
        Specialists and apparently doctors in general can pretty much go wherever they want to set up a practice so long as they're qualified, and they seem not to like rural areas--too boring, maybe, or not enough money to be made?

        I've had the impression that you don't absolutely have to have a cardiologist to treat a heart condition, but that may be an idea that went out decades ago. Nowadays if you have an ailment, you immediately attach yourself to whatever specialist who can deal with your ailment.

        Still, I've heard of quite a few people with MS who opt not to bother seeing a neurologist, though they would need to see one to be diagnosed. After that they put themselves in the care of just an ordinary primary care doctor.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #19
          I saw my gt grandson ,Kobe, walk 4 steps or so a couple of times today. Would he do it while his mother wanted to film him ? No!
          Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
          the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

          Comment


            #20
            What a moment, Tim! Maybe someone was able to take a photo?

            That moment needs to be preserved but most people don't get a chance to capture it.

            In no time he'll be in first grade. I just watched that time go by, from infant learning to walk to first grade. That time went so fast.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #21
              Had my hair cut . After that my daughter brought in the shopping she'd collected for me. She said if I couldn't put it away ,she'd come back and do it for me. It took 3 goes and a lot of pain for me to do it. I wanted to save her from having to come back. It's mega frustrating that 31 months after the partial hip replacement I can do little without a considerable amount of pain occurring.
              Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
              the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

              Comment


                #22
                Tim, you're probably having to be very patient with everything you do, and it's surely tiring. Is this a situation where one hip has been done but the other is still needing to be replaced? It sounds as if something definitely needs correction.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by agate View Post
                  Tim, you're probably having to be very patient with everything you do, and it's surely tiring. Is this a situation where one hip has been done but the other is still needing to be replaced? It sounds as if something definitely needs correction.
                  Agate, I don't think so re the right hip. That's because the right sided pain is not in the hip area.Today I’d used the stroller to get from my flat to the front door of the block of flats, and into my daughter’s car. I then used the stroller to get to the hairdresser’s and back to the car when finished. It wasn't a large distance. Putting the shopping away on top of that was just too much, for pain not to kick in. It's hard to tell if it's osteoporosis related or RA related.

                  Today both sides are playing up, but the left side is playing up a lot more. It's playing up in the usual area , where I had the hip replacement done. I have a telephone appointment with the GP this coming Thursday afternoon.
                  Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                  the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Tim, I assume they have x-rayed the hip that was replaced. Are they sure everything is in place in that hip? Thirty one months is a very long time to still be hurting.

                    I actually came on to tell you I read a story in the Washington Post about a man who has been working to find out who his ancestors are since 1968. He was in the 5th grade when the teacher told his class to go home and ask their parents where they were from. He was the only person in the class who was black and the only person who couldn't complete the assignment. So, he went on this long journey to find out who his ancestors were. He went on to become a lawyer while all the while working on this. It finally led him to George Herbert Walker Bush. He has since written to George Bush, Laura Bush, Jeb Bush and Jena Bush. He has not heard back from any of them.

                    I thought you might like to hear how he persevered for so many years, long before DNA became a big thing.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Sounds as if this person got hold of DNA evidence showing a link to the George Bush family? It's too bad he had no response but some people just aren't interested in knowing about their ancestors.

                      I suppose everyone, at least in the US, is watching the news tonight in the wake of this tragic shooting.
                      This is apt to get political, and so I'll shut up, but this is just too sad.

                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                        Tim, I assume they have x-rayed the hip that was replaced. Are they sure everything is in place in that hip? Thirty one months is a very long time to still be hurting.

                        I actually came on to tell you I read a story in the Washington Post about a man who has been working to find out who his ancestors are since 1968. He was in the 5th grade when the teacher told his class to go home and ask their parents where they were from. He was the only person in the class who was black and the only person who couldn't complete the assignment. So, he went on this long journey to find out who his ancestors were. He went on to become a lawyer while all the while working on this. It finally led him to George Herbert Walker Bush. He has since written to George Bush, Laura Bush, Jeb Bush and Jena Bush. He has not heard back from any of them.

                        I thought you might like to hear how he persevered for so many years, long before DNA became a big thing.
                        I think I had scans re the bone density, but not x rays re the hip placement. Things are complicated because I also have RA. You are very right about the length of time.


                        That's fascinating re the man working over 50 years to find his ancestors. I've only been doing it since the mid 1980s. Microfiches at the library. I have a group of connected cousin matches that are black,but supposedly with some European ancestry. However I can't find a European country that links them all.

                        Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                        the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Not happy. My water service charge has gone up from £ 25 a month to £45 a month. Apparently I've used 278l per day with this bill , but used 110l for the same period last year. There is absolutely no way I've used x2.527 more!
                          Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                          the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Did they raise the rates when you weren't looking? That's almost double what you were paying.

                            Everyone on earth thinks they can just charge people more for everything, I've noticed. Some of us don't have infinitely deep pockets.

                            There's the slow but definite creep on bills for phone, Internet, and electricity. I don't pay a water bill but what you've been hit with sounds like part of that general trend. If they made a mistake about calculating your usage, I hope you can complain and get some action.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Tim, can you ask that someone from the utility department come out and read your water meter? I wonder if you have a leak in one of your water lines?
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by agate View Post

                                I suppose everyone, at least in the US, is watching the news tonight in the wake of this tragic shooting.
                                This is apt to get political, and so I'll shut up, but this is just too sad.
                                By American standards I'm very left wing. I detest Trump. He inhabits a moral sewer . However he needs to be put in the dumpster of USA political history with words, not with bullets .

                                Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                                the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X