Bad day pain wise re the extractions. The instruction sheet that I was given said it might happen on days 3 to 5. Delayed reaction.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
July chitchat
Collapse
X
-
Progress is ridiculously slow when it comes to the effects of exercise but it often does happen, believe it or not. It's less likely to happen noticeably if you skip sessions of it or if you do the exercises in a slapdash way. I've noticed that physical therapy people emphasize "maintaining your form." That seems to matter considerably.
Speaking from my vast (?) experience with quite a number of PT courses over the years, I understand that if an exercise causes you pain or makes you feel dizzy, you should stop doing it. A while back there was this notion of "no pain, no gain," and you were expected to push on through with the exercise even if it was painful but that idea has been discredited.
Tim, I've heard that the day after an extraction (or any surgery) can be the grimmest one but the reason given was that the anesthetic will have thoroughly worn off, and suddenly there you are with that pain you hadn't yet been aware you were in for. But 3-5 days sounds right for multiple extractions at once. I guess the trick is to get past the bad days. Somehow. And keep an eye on the situation. Soon you'll have your life back and this will be history.
They called it pain? US dentists have a way of calling it "discomfort," as in: "You may experience some discomfort just now" just before they do something that hurts so much you think you're going to explode. Or (I particularly like this one): "This may pinch a little."SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Physios aren't my favourite people . They, like the GP and paramedics, didn't take me seriously re the falls. They had me doing exercises on what turned out to be a broken femur. They did after several weeks engage their brains enough to realise I might have been experiencing real pain. The current exercises I have to do seem to be rather ineffective.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
Tim, I was sorry to read that the pain has started with the teeth extractions. I expect, unlike the hip, this is temporary. That doesn't make it any less unpleasant while you are going through it.
I can understand your reluctance to put much confidence in the medical profession right now. When you have suffered for so long without someone finding out what is going on, it becomes difficult to trust anyone. Apparently you were doing your part in seeking help, you just have not been getting it. I find it reminiscent of so many people with MS. It sometimes take years for us to get diagnosed. It took me many years and a number of doctors.Virginia
Comment
-
I can only echo what Virginia said. How are you doing with the soft meals?
I'm getting a pop-up here now: "Help me write." I just turned it off but supposedly it will write a message for you. Not sure how it knows what you want to say or how you want to say it but there it is.
Anyone been affected by the CrowdStrike problem?
The new building manager, who doesn't work on Fridays, came around late this afternoon knocking on everyone's door with a notice telling people that our emergency pullcords can't communicate with 9-1-1 and that anyone having an emergency will need to dial 9-1-1--on account of the CrowdStrike issue.
This building has pullcords in the bathroom and bedroom. You pull the cord if you need help, and a light goes on outside your apartment, an alarm sounds, and 9-1-1 gets called. I'm not sure how often this system is actually used, though. People I've known who have fallen, and falls I've had--they've all been too far away from those cords. They're only useful if your fall or other emergency happens close to where the cords are.
SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I've had corned beef hash, fish pie, cottage pie, and macaroni cheese for main meals. Cuppa soups with bread to dip in it mainly for lunches. I remove the crusts. Muller corners(yoghurts) , custard pots. Porridge for breakfast. So far this morning I'm fine till I eat or drink anything. A small custard pot I had set the pain off, and that's as soft as can be. Cold coffee did too.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
Funnily enough although there's pain, it's expected pain. I was mentally prepared for it. With being autistic and having serious mental health problems I'm not always taken as seriously as I should be when it comes to physical ailments. That's why my daughter handles such matters. Add having to be pushed in a wheelchair sometimes to that, and you get spoken too sometimes in a slow exaggerated manner as though you're in your second childhood.Originally posted by Virginia View PostTim, I was sorry to read that the pain has started with the teeth extractions. I expect, unlike the hip, this is temporary. That doesn't make it any less unpleasant while you are going through it.
I can understand your reluctance to put much confidence in the medical profession right now. When you have suffered for so long without someone finding out what is going on, it becomes difficult to trust anyone. Apparently you were doing your part in seeking help, you just have not been getting it. I find it reminiscent of so many people with MS. It sometimes take years for us to get diagnosed. It took me many years and a number of doctors.
Like a lot of people with autism I have what's called an adaptive functioning < IQ gap. See Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... , and Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...Last edited by Prot; 07-20-2024, 04:15 AM.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
expert reaction to mass global IT outage
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
Computers and the Internet are a lot more stable than they once were but they're still very fragile, IMO. I'm not ready for a paperless world even though apparently many people are there already.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
My biggest fear computer wise is losing data. All the articles etc I've gathered from being on the internet. Have tried cloud storage - one drive,dropbox,google drive. All failed to satisfy me, for several reasonsYet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
I'm so afraid of losing anything important that I still have paper records of just about everything. I can't seem to give up on paper that I can hold in my hand and it will always be there. It won't just vanish somehow, unless I decide to destroy it. Computers take data out of my control.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Hot and cold. Also things like bread. That's with the crusts removed . I do have a lower tooth that plays every now and then. Its the one that got touched by the dentist's instrument, because I didn't open my mouth wide enough.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment

Comment