It's going to come out one of these days, is that right? Maybe when this is all over, you'll be glad to be rid of the teeth. Can there be implants or bridgework or dentures so you can eat better?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
July chitchat
Collapse
X
-
Don't dentists and oral surgeons advise waiting a while after an extraction before being fitted for dentures? I recall being told that the gums needed a chance to heal and do some shrinking, and the whole configuration inside your mouth changes somewhat as a result of removing teeth. They want to wait until the situation "settles" before they provide any dentures or whatever.
Are implants an option? I've known some people who've had implants. Some have been happy with them--others have had problems with them.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Physio visited this morning. He 's keeping me on the same exercises, but has specified how long to hold with each exercise. My daughter, who was with me, inquired about having a less wobbly recliner. It was a quick buy after my falls as something to sleep on if I couldn't manage to do so in my bed. She's also requested a new cushion for my computer chair. Ideally my daughter thinks I should be on pain patches, but the GP wants to give oral meds and exercises a good try first.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
A wobbly recliner probably should be replaced.
How does a person get in and out of a recliner? I tried one many years ago but seem to recall that getting in and out of it was a challenge.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Virginia, how has the skylight problem been resolved? Or maybe it hasn't been resolved? I hope that by now you're free of that problem.
This place is about to have a sprinkler inspection. That sounds like nothing but it's a fairly big deal as each apartment has about 11 sprinklers, and some are in the closets. They will start inspecting at 8 AM and will enter the apartments and open up all closets. Each apartment takes only a few minutes but there is a "dress code," meaning that we can't still be in our PJs.
I'm used to these occasional disruptions, but the interesting thing about this one was how long the new management took to get the communication about it right.
Yesterday there were 5 notices about it, coming in rapid-fire succession, each one saying something slightly different about the date and time. I hope they finally straightened it out. Each notice had to be distributed to each apartment by putting it on a clip outside each door. The management must have been very busy yesterday.
It must be very hard to get all of the details right when it comes to running a building like this one. The other building I lived in (for over 20 years) had its problems because the managers changed every couple of years, and the result was that nobody ever did anything very efficiently. We were just lucky for the last 14 years in this building because we had people who were well trained and experienced--and they seemed to care in a conscientious way. Rare qualities these days.
SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Yes, they may have overdone the sprinklers. And I understand that if there is one tiny fleck of paint blocking one of the tiny holes in a sprinkler, the building management gets dinged in some way, It's a black mark on their record or something.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Nothing has been done about my skylight. So far it has not leaked and we have had quite a bit of rain. Good thing it hasn't leaked because I have found that you can't get any answers about anything to do with the roofs from the management company or the roofers.
I had to renew my homeowners insurance policy. Because I have a new roof they give me a credit. They wanted some information regarding the type of roof. I have tried for a month to get the information from both the management and the roofers. At both places I can only get a voicemail and no return call. Finally, my agent with my insurance company started trying. She can't get an answer from either one either. She called me this morning and said she was going to keep trying, but in the meantime the insurance company had given me a credit. I paid it today.
If I can't get them to even tell me what kind of roof I have, they certainly are not going to get involved if I have a leak.
I thought of y'all today. I had turned off my t.v. and it was very quiet. I slept sitting up in my recliner for around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I normally never sleep in the daytime, but I had not planned it. Hope I can get some sleep tonight.
Tim, doing exercises correctly is one of the most important things. I can understand why that was emphasized in your recent visit with your physical therapist. I am ashamed to say I am still not back doing mine at all. I have had so much MS fatigue lately.Virginia
Comment
-
Virginia, You're right. I had been given no instructions originally re how long to hold my legs in the needed position. I'm intrigued as to what kind of property you both live in.Mine is a social housing flat for the over 55s. It's small,but big enough for me.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
Virginia, I suspect that others in your community who must have had the same roofing job done are going to have similar problems. For their insurance they are going to need some information about that roof and be trying to get it. I think if you hang in there long enough and keep trying to reach the people you need to reach, sooner or later they will have to answer.
Maybe the new skylight won't cause a leak. Do you notice any gaps or holes that are suspicious?SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Tim, I own my townhouse so I have more responsibility than a renter. I am not sure but I think Agate lives in a 55+ apartment also. Sounds like the two of you have similar type places.
We might just make it to have the wettest July in history since they started keeping up with such things. I think we already are at the point of having the 2nd wettest. I am glad the rain has had an opportunity to soak into the ground which was hard. All this time my water has been coming on automatically to water my plants. I don't really mind because if I have someone turn it off for me, my brother might not be able to get over to turn it back on and reset the timers when I need it.Virginia
Comment

Comment