Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    I hope they sort the internet outrage out soon. Bit of trivia: My stepmother was Former President/Executive Director at Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
    the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

    Comment


      #92
      That's impressive, Tim! Does this mean that she was a ballet dancer?

      This has been Day 4 of this Internet outage. The novelty has worn off.

      ​​​​​​​
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


      • Prot
        Prot commented
        Editing a comment
        She likes ballet , and the Arts in general, but has never been a ballet dancer. Although being quite creatively minded her skill set was dealing with the practical side of running places like Charlotte ballet. After retirement my father established 2 British American business groups in Atlanta and Charlotte. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... . He also served as protocol advisor to the Olympic games held in Atlanta in 1996. I hope you don't have to wait much longer for that outage to be fixed.

      #93
      I hope you're both OK.
      Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
      the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

      Comment


        #94
        I apologize for my absence. Century Link has really been slow to fix the outage--6 days. I looked back and found that there have been 5 of these outages in the last year. Two of them lasted 4 days but this latest one is a record for them.

        There's never any explanation. It's always "There is an outage affecting your area." It probably has something to do with the forest fires that are so common in this state in the summer and seem to be getting worse.

        At least I still had power here. That is more than people in some areas have. In this heat (a long string of days over 90') air conditioning is not just nice to have--it's very nearly essential.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


        • Prot
          Prot commented
          Editing a comment
          No need for an apology. I'm just glad you're OK, albeit frustrated by the outage.Things haven't been good here in the UK.Lot of rioting. Cars and buildings being torched. Looting of shops .Rocks being thrown at Filipino nurses. That's just a mini version of what's happened

        #95
        ‘Fire brain’: how wildfire smoke affects our mental health

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
        the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

        Comment


          #96
          I can believe that wildfire smoke would affect the brain. Hard to breathe in smoky air. Impossible if it gets too bad.

          Tim, I've been noticing news stories about the problems in the UK. No fun to be in the midst of so much hatred and unrest.

          I sometimes watch part of the BBC News that is shown on PBS here in the US, and things look bad there.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #97
            I will have to watch more about the UK to find out what is going on. I thought a new PM was recently elected and things were better now.

            I don't feel easy when there is a lot chaos and division. If that is the case I hope things calm down soon.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #98
              Originally posted by agate View Post
              I can believe that wildfire smoke would affect the brain. Hard to breathe in smoky air. Impossible if it gets too bad.

              Tim, I've been noticing news stories about the problems in the UK. No fun to be in the midst of so much hatred and unrest.

              I sometimes watch part of the BBC News that is shown on PBS here in the US, and things look bad there.
              Good people have come together in several places in the UK to stop the racist thugs causing more damage and destruction . It all kicked off because a far right agitator called Dave Atherton posted a malicious lie on X that the person who killed 3 children in Southport, and injured more children and some adults, was a Muslim. Nigel Farage has done his usual thing and made comments designed to cause unrest, but is now acting like he 's done nothing wrong. That's his modus operandi s**t stir and then act like the victim when he's condemned for it. He's a gutless creep who deserves to be locked away in prison for a very long time. Elon Musk, the owner of X , has chosen to go full on rabidly right wing over the situation in the UK. He's a billionaire with a sick and twisted set of moral values.
              Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
              the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

              Comment


                #99
                So sad that this is happening. OMG.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment

                Working...
                X