Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Febuary Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Cherie - Thanks for the info about the new and small caths for self cathing. I filed the info away for an awful day. (couldn't resist). It is very useful info.

    TY, ANN
    Last edited by stillstANNding; 02-02-2014, 05:34 PM.
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      #17
      I can give you more specific information when you need it ANN

      Comment


        #18
        I hope I'm not covering up the useful info on this thread by addressing the issue of my posts looking funny. I'm not seeing what Jeanie is seeing, and so I don't know what could be going wrong there. My posts look the way they always do.

        The trophy is something I don't know if I can do anything about. Some time back I played an Arcade game here and apparently got a trophy for it because it appeared under my user name on all posts. I didn't want it there and after some back-and-forth, they took it out but made it clear that they couldn't really keep them from appearing.

        I made the mistake of trying one other game--and another trophy popped up under my user name.

        I wish it was gone too.

        I see no reason to put this distracting non-information in my posts but if they can't fix it, they can't.

        Sorry Howie didn't get a trophy. Suggest trying an Arcade game no one has played lately. You're a surefire winner!

        I play TriPeaks Solitaire a lot in that arcade but have never had a trophy there. It's a crowded game with lots of players always doing much better than I'm doing.

        This is from someone who didn't especially want that Arcade here. I've changed my mind. ...

        Jeanie, if you've been noticing the problem with my posts for more than a day or two, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know. I do have my computer set with larger font sizes but I wouldn't think that would have any effect on what you're seeing.

        Just thought you would like to know as you are so computer savy. Jeanie :)
        Thanks but I don't know much at all. It's possible that for some reason the trophy is wrecking my posts for you. I could always ask them again to remove the second trophy and see if that fixes the problem. That whole little box should disappear.

        Jeanie, you might want to take a look at Swanton Bomb's post in this thread. This person has some trophies. If you find the same problem happening with his post (her post?), then there's a clue.

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        Last edited by agate; 02-02-2014, 09:58 AM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #19
          I'm not having a problem w/Agate's posts.
          i have a Mac. Does that make a difference?
          Later, kids.

          Comment


            #20
            I got the best night's sleep since this whole med change around began. Am now on real L-Tryptophan (from Swanson's Vitamins) and it works so much better than 5-HTP. took bot my Tryptophan and night time meds and within 50 minutes I was sleepy, in bed 10 minutes later at 11 and woke once at 3 for bathroom then again at 7:45 for the day. I could get used to this! If this works for several nights in a row, I am to start weaning back on the dosing of the two prescription meds. Have already gotten 1 mg of Ativan gone!

            Comment


              #21
              :) Agate Swanton Bomb's post looks just like yours. Maybe the arcade's post changed them. It is still readable but it does not always have the thanks on the bottom to click. Jeanie :)

              Comment


                #22
                Jeanie, I've asked for help in the Feedback section. Thanks so much for letting people know.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Jeanie Z View Post
                  :) Agate your posts are the only ones coming up funny. There is your avatar then a couple of inches of pink then the post in white. There often are no thanks, reply etc. on the bottom of them. Before the white post part is a box that says Trophies too. I wonder if this is a board problem or a glitch in you computer. I have no idea how to change it as I am a real novice user. Just thought you would like to know as you are so computer savy. Jeanie :)
                  What style are you using? What browser are you using? Everything looks good on my end.
                  Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                  Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                  Question: What's wrong with my account?

                  Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

                  It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

                  Step 1 - log in
                  Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                  Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                  Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                  Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

                  Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

                  Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I had not noticed any changes. And I am addicted to the arcade..

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Oh yeah Gary....I'll bet you're all caught up in "the game"....got your favorite team's shirt on....a beer in hand....oh, sorry....I heard you cut your thumb off.....well, in the good hand.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Ah Howie
                        Drumm roll please..............

                        See this hat, 'twas my cat,
                        My evening wear - vampire bat,
                        These white slippers are albino
                        African endangered rhino.


                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                        I thought of this when I noticed your signature line.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          someone"s a poet and didn't know it,,lol
                          " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                          Peg

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Happy birthday, gary!

                            Even poets have birthdays.

                            HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GARY!




                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Thumbless AND getting a year older. Life can be so cruel sometimes.

                              HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                #30
                                HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY! May you have many more, and your thumb grow back.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X