Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT September Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    :) I too usually read this board morning and night. I feel closer to some of you than to some of my family. Thank you all for caring.

    Andy and I went to the funeral home and paid for the cremation. We have to have the obit to the paper by 2 PM tomorrow to get it in Sunday's paper. I asked Jamie's Mom to get us the name of the congregation and the address of the Kingdom Hall and the time they want to have the memorial Friday evening. She has not done any of that. She did give Andy a photo of Jamie when she was well for the obit.

    I wrote up a possible obit with all the family members named and pertinent info about Jamie and emailed it to Andy. He used it to write an obit that is more like a love letter and he said he sent it to her Mom and brothers and they all liked it.

    Of course my printer ran out of ink and we got some but it was not the right one, so in the morning I have to go back to Office Depot. Andy is coming at 11 AM and we will finalize the obit and take it to the paper before 2 PM. I have the phone number for the Kingdom Hall and will also try calling in the morning and see if I can get a time.

    Thank you all for caring and your kind words. I love you all. Jeanie :)

    Comment


      Such a busy day for you after all, Jeanie!

      I don't know if keeping occupied helped, or if you would have preferred a quiet day. Hopefully, it was what you needed, or will be in the days to come. Your internal gas tank has been running on low for awhile now, and a few days in bed just doing absolutely nothing are probably in order.

      I wish you much strength and recuperation! I hope Andy and Jamie's family are doing ok today as well. Please take care of yourself.

      Gary, we do share here and support one another in the good and bad times. I can't stop thinking of that young sick little girl that must be weighing on your mind too. I hope you are feeling physically better too. Sally too. Cat too.

      Maybe it's dealing with the constant ups and downs of MS that draws us closer, we understand a regular state of loss and adjustment in our own health, we can empathize when others experience it.

      We really are like a family. I vote Howie as our dear crazy Uncle Jack whom everyone loves and makes every occasion a memorable one by getting drunk at all holiday get-togethers and singing off color songs really loudly while pinching the behinds of all his daughters-in-law, then going to sleep in the Laze-boy about half past seven, but never remembering a stitch about it come the next time everyone comes together.
      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

      Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

      Comment


        PS - Gary, your post made it sound like our dear Sally has a drug problem and has been in rehab for it. lol
        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

        Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

        Comment


          Originally posted by SuzE-Q View Post
          PS - Gary, your post made it sound like our dear Sally has a drug problem and has been in rehab for it. lol
          Wish apologies to Sally.

          Oh Lord, well it just shows how well we know the people on this board. I was referring to the PT and OT rehab. And I automatically thought everyone would follow along...... Just goes to show WHY I don't get paid to think!!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Gary View Post
            Wish apologies to Sally.

            Oh Lord, well it just shows how well we know the people on this board. I was referring to the PT and OT rehab. And I automatically thought everyone would follow along...... Just goes to show WHY I don't get paid to think!!
            WE know what you meant, Gary!
            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

            Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

            Comment


              Shoot far Gary, I gots 32 cents, you go own and due all tha thankin' you wants!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                I won't tell anyone the real truth about Sally now that Gary's let the cat out of the bag.

                Which cat is that? Maybe it's one of those Catterville cats that are so remarkable. They'd know exactly how to get out of any bag.
                Last edited by agate; 09-26-2015, 10:26 AM.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  I went to the store first thing this morning. And a bag of cat treats ended up falling into my cart. I wonder how that happened? So all the cat chores are done, and I gave them some treats so everything is pretty quiet around here.

                  My brother is looking for a car. The truck he has is making a noise, and it looks like the case that makes the front tires run, and he doesn't want to put the money in it to fix it, but would rather put that money into another car. He will call tonight.

                  Lots of rain here for a few days, but it's been very dry here, and in many states this year. It really hurts the farmers.

                  Everyone have a great day!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    Why do you folks think the only type of rehab is drug rehab?
                    Last edited by Frog42; 09-26-2015, 09:12 AM.


                    Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                    Comment


                      :) Part of the obit Andy wrote for the paper:

                      Jamie Dawn Woodward-Zeis, 50 lost her courageous battle with cancer Thursday night 9/24/15. To my beautiful wife Jaime, I will always miss you and love you always. My heart will always have a hole in it that will never fill in. You will always be the toughest person I have ever known. My Jaime Dawn Woodward was born in West Palm Beach on 7/5/65 and you will not believe it but I was born on the same day in 1960. Jaime graduated from Twin Lakes High School in 1983.

                      She worked in town for many home builders for 25 years or more. She supported many animal rights groups and loved and cared for all her animals like they were her children. She loved anything and everything to do with the ocean and her passion for the Titanic and Victorian age.

                      I am proud and lucky to be her husband of thirty years, Carl A. Zeis, Jr. and was holding her hand as my angel passed to heaven and hopefully she will look after me while I am here.

                      After that was a list of relatives surviving her. Also a photo but I cannot figure out how to get the photo on here. We sent my son Jim the obit and photo and he is going to submit it to the paper via the web. Now that that is done I am going back to bed.
                      Andy came and after we finished that he mowed my yard. Jeanie :)

                      Comment


                        Beautiful!
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          Jeanie, what a beautiful, touching tribute! That was absolutely lovely.

                          Vicky, Gary, I was just joking, really. Sorry if that didn't come across properly. I thought our Sal would also find that interpretation amusing. Nothing more intended than that.

                          Howie, funny how those cat treats "jumped" into your cart! Hope your brother's car trouble is resolved soon!
                          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                          Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SuzE-Q View Post
                            Jeanie, what a beautiful, touching tribute! That was absolutely lovely.

                            Vicky, Gary, I was just joking, really. Sorry if that didn't come across properly. I thought our Sal would also find that interpretation amusing. Nothing more intended than that.

                            Howie, funny how those cat treats "jumped" into your cart! Hope your brother's car trouble is resolved soon!

                            None taken. What I thought was funny was the fact that anyone else that read could think something else. Quite often something that sounds really good in my head makes little or no sense when I type it. Ahhh the life of a Swiss cheese brain! I have tried to get in the habit of reading something I write at least twice and after I hit post and reread it again I still find things that are A. misspelled, B. just dont really make sense or C. are not what I was trying to say at all.

                            Frog, I don't know why. I guess the number of people (mostly celebrities, I guess) attend rehab and it makes the front page. I imagine if they were having balance issues instead of drug or alcohol issues it wouldn't be as interesting. Kinda sad actually. When someone mentions rehab my mind automatically goes to PT or OT. Or serious health issues as the reason for going to rehab.

                            Our temps continue to be in the 80's Thurs high was 95 tied a record from 1918. Predictions are for more normal temps by the end of next week. Oh well the tomatoes love it. and I noticed that a couple of farmers are getting a 5th cutting of hay. Not very much yield but unusual for this area. In 20 years of grtowin hay We probably only cut 5 times once or twice at most. Normally it takes for diesel for the tractors and swathers than its worth.

                            I fell down this afternoon in the living room no bruises other than my ego. Funny thing was one second I was standing and the next I was on the carpet. Not dizzy and I didn't feel bad I guess my legs just gave out. I have fallen more times than I can count but I the only time it happens with no warning is on ice or something slippery. My son suggested I get some training wheels for my house slippers.

                            Comment


                              Yes, I think drug rehab is more in the headlines than PT/OT is. Many people I'll bet don't even know what that stands for, they've just never had exposure to or needed therapies. For us, it's like a common language!

                              Gary! Were you unconscious?!??

                              Are you ok?

                              Do you think it was a black out? Low bp (or too high)? Or your legs? At least for me, I have an inkling beforehand if my legs are troublesome because it works its way up to completely giving out or I've over exerted myself or am too hot, I have some warning signals.

                              Hope you take it easy, or get it checked out...you haven't been feeling uo to snuff for a little while now...
                              Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                              Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                              Comment


                                Gary, it's a shame you had a fall. Some of my falls have been like that--I'd be going along and suddenly WHAM--I'd be on the ground. It happened so fast it was scary. No warning whatsoever.

                                The neuro said that there can be a "sudden loss of muscle tone" going on. Knowing that didn't make it go away but at least I felt as if I wasn't completely crazy.



                                Jeanie, thank you for sharing your son's tribute to his wife. And 50 seems so young. Reading what your son said about her gives us a glimpse of the kind of person she must have been.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X