Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT October Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I've seen Aleve in the store. There's another one to put on the list.

    Peg, I'm glad you had a great day. I'll bet you were cooking up a storm getting ready for company. You know where you can send any leftovers!

    Ann, it's Tramadol, 50 mg, 2, three times a day. And the other is Acetaminophen (Tylenol) and Codeine I take before bed so pain doesn't wake me up.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #32
      Look at them sleep, so peaceful and......someone catch that drool on Sally's chin.

      I had gone to bed, and everything started twitching and jumping. My mouth, arms and legs, everything. So after awhile, I got up and got a beer. Now I'm watching some terrible Japanese movie, but at least it's not Godzilla.

      I have seen two good movies with Clint Eastwood. Probably made later in his career because he was...well, he was old. Both great films. Don't ask me to remember the names, I don't remember things like that these days.

      The first film, I had to go online to find the name so I could tell my brother. I'm good with the Search these days, just nothing else.

      There's not much to do this time of night but twitch, and drink beer, but I had to come here and type. I feel better now.

      G'night all!
      Last edited by Howie; 10-02-2016, 09:25 PM.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #33
        I'm an Asprin kind a gal too.. Tylenol is ok but not as good as Asprin. Tylenol is good if you have any
        bleeding. Had some teeth pulled and took Asprin for pain. no a good idea as it causes more bleeding.
        Last edited by SalpalSally; 10-03-2016, 06:24 AM.
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #34
          Well, Parsi is the winner! I got a small bottle of Aleve, and just took one. I like the dosing schedule. I"ll see how it does. I bought my usual Ibuprofen incase. That was our motto in the Boy Scouts, "Be Prepared".
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #35
            Ibuprofen is the only OTC drug that will work for me for pain, from minor aches and pains to major stuff. I don't do any prescription pain meds. Actually I have a pretty high pain threshold... 7 or 8 on their "pain from 1 -10, 10 being the worst..". For me, a splinter in the finger is "1", shingles is around 20....
            ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

            Comment


              #36
              Howie, please be more careful. You are on three drugs, tramadol, ibuprofen, and now Aleve that should not be taken w alcohol. Please read up on each of these drugs. Added to the Tylenol w Codeine you are in dangerous waters.

              Love and chocolate (only love for the cats),
              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                #37
                My alcohol consumption is so slow, and drawn out, it's like just a part of my blood's makeup. That Aleve must be working. The pain in my back is about gone! The back pain is from arthritis. My lower vertebra are fused together from it. Arthritis ran in my Mom's side of the family. Thanks Mom!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #38
                  I think I'll ask my Doc if I can replace the tramadol with Aleve?
                  Last edited by SalpalSally; 10-03-2016, 11:50 AM.
                  Love, Sally


                  "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                  Comment


                    #39
                    Sally, what's hurting that you take Tramadol?
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Peg, so sorry about your SIL.

                      Virginia, hope you feel better soon.

                      Howie, the concern is that all the pain meds (in addition to alcohol), except ibuprofen, is metabolized by the liver, and that is a lot of strain. Alcohol adds more.

                      You may want to get your liver enzymes checked just to be sure there's no damage occurring, just to be on the safe side. Easy blood test, ease your mind that all is good and no ill effects. Liver damage can be life threatening, especially when you're taxing your liver with a LOT of stuff to process all the time.

                      Hi to all!
                      Last edited by SuzE-Q; 10-03-2016, 10:01 PM.
                      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                      Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Hi SuzE-Q! I appreciate the concern and good advice from you and others. I had a nosebleed this morning. Unfortunately it was about 1 minute after I took the Aleve, but it will be the last one I ever take.

                        I'm going back to the Ibuprofen. If my liver explodes from drinking beer and taking Ibuprofen, so be it. I have other health issues I haven't even told my doctor about, and will more than likely kill me before drinking beer could.

                        I'm not sitting here with a gun to my head, but I wouldn't care if I dropped dead today. I've lived a good life, but now I'm just existing. I really have no life. My only concern is not to die before my cats do. No one could love and spoil them like I do.

                        That's a lot of from the heart typing, and it's way too early for that. Have a great day today, and as Spock would say....Live long and prosper!
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Hi SueZ!!!! Thank you for showing up and speaking up. I have missed you. I pray you are well.

                          Howie, it is possible that whatever you are not telling your doctor is the thing he needs to know to help you and would change your life for the better. You are on too many similar drugs. You need better pain management.

                          OK. I needed to say that. I expect everything to continue as it has.
                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Doctors can't do nearly as much for us as we'd like to think they can, or at least that's one way of looking at the medical profession. Most of our care is in our own hands. We can only take the information we have and use it in order to try to live longer and maybe even prosper.

                            If you're feeling pretty well, you're prospering, IMO.

                            Howie, I've often heard doctors and dentists recommending Aleve, and it was one of the OTC meds recommended when I was taking Avonex. Tylenol or Aleve, they said. I never tried Aleve but looked it up. Nosebleeds are listed as a possible side effect but it's in the list of rare side effects, and the list of possible side effects is very long. It doesn't mean that the drug is dangerous--just that many people reported a wide variety of side effects, as happens with just about any drug you look up.

                            I think it's possible that the Aleve had no connection with the nosebleed.

                            I agree with stillstANNding that you could use some pain management. The more stuff you take, the more likely one thing you're taking is to interact with something else.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              "Rare" side effect, and who is the lucky person to have it? The king of good luck, Howie!

                              All I want to take for pain is what I've been taking with no problem, Tramadol and Ibuprofen. That's worked pretty well for a long time, and what I'm going to use for pain. "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!"

                              I hear someone mowing grass. Mine it done for the year, and no more mowing until Spring.

                              My calendar on the computer says it's November 8 I think it says. It really threw me off. I was thinking I missed a whole month somewhere! Plus our "early" payday made it even worse. Confused me until I checked dates on TV.

                              I haven't gotten an electric bill yet, and should have. I'll check the mail in a little bit, and if it's not there, then I'll have to call them. Oh joy.
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Can't you set the date on that computer?


                                Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X