Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT October Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    No need to be embarrassed. Lots of growths do just that. Or they just sit there for years and years.

    --Tomorrow I'll be going for routine lab tests and may not be around so much here until later in the day.

    I hope anyone who is anywhere near that hurricane is finding a safe haven.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #62
      ((((Howie))))

      We all probably guessed what it was since you had said it was very personal (unless you had developed a 3rd nipple ).

      We women can understand such indignities since our own annual exam, or even giving birth, is no exercise in modesty. Anyone who's had a colonoscopy hopes not to run into that doctor in the grocery store either. A stiff drink afterwards is generally appropriate. We understand.

      PS - I think Seven and Sam read your posts.

      PPS - cats ROCK! They add much love and comfort to our lives, no question!
      Last edited by SuzE-Q; 10-05-2016, 06:55 AM.
      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

      Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

      Comment


        #63
        Howie,, this info you just shared, will never be repeated,,you have to handle this your way,,just know we all love U here, and hope this doesn't get any worse for wear,,
        " Don't outsmart your common sense"

        Peg

        Comment


          #64
          Oh how I wish I could take Tramadol, but it's contraindicated with my anti-depressant. The neuro who dx'd me with MS gave me some samples to help me with the pain in my right shoulder, but that was 18 years ago.

          I can't take Aleve or aspirin, I have bad reactions to them. I'm hoping to get a medical cannabis rx, it helps with the pain and stiffness that MS gives me, without getting me high. It would also make it so I wouldn't have to pay the amount in taxes that recreational users have to pay.

          s
          Jendie
          I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

          Comment


            #65
            Your right shoulder? You're just trying to be like me, so cut it out!

            I am going to call my doctor to increase the dosage of Tramadol. I take 50mg, two at a time, and 3 times a day. It's starting to not work but a few hours, so it needs to be stronger, or something else. I am SO tired of hurting all most all day. That's not the way it's supposed to be.

            I am calling the doctor to make an appointment, the sooner the better.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #66
              I think that's a great idea. Good pain management affects quality of life enormously.

              PS - no pressure, but you COULD ask for a liver enzyme panel while there, just to feel reassured about the state of your liver function...
              Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

              Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

              Comment


                #67
                And your doctor needs to know that you are supplementing the tramadol (Ultram) w ibruprofen and the Tylenol w Codeine.

                Getting better pain management is a good move.

                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #68
                  (((((Howie)))))
                  Love, Sally


                  "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                  Comment


                    #69
                    (((((Howie)))))
                    Love, Sally


                    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                    Comment


                      #70
                      Sally, two big hugs in a row? Seven gets those all the time. She loves them. Sam will tolerate them.

                      I didn't get up until 2. But I couldn't sleep last night, so got back up so I could watch Sea Hunt. I own the series on DVD, but will stay up late most nights to see it on TV.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Yes, Howie, a visit to the doctor is probably in order. You indeed should not be in pain all the time. Make sure to tell him about all the drugs you might be taking, over the counter supplements, pain relievers, ...and don't forget the catnip you share with the kids. :) I hope you get some satisfactory answers.
                        ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                        Comment


                          #72
                          I hope I don't have to give up the catnip. It makes us feel so goooooood!
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #73
                            ((((((Howie)))))) ~

                            You could replace the catnip with Cannabid Oil (CBD), since they are derived from similar sources.

                            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                            I echo what others are recommending for you ~ a blood test (I suggest a CBC and Complete Metabolic Panel ~ CMP) to check everything, including your platelet count, and liver and kidney functions. Ibuprofen is very hard on the gut and platelets. Tylenol is hard on the kidneys. Some of your back pain could be associated with kidney issues.

                            Is there any kind of pain management clinic in your vicinity? Because there are lots of methods for treating pain. A TENS unit perhaps. Therapy, massage. Even acupuncture or a chiropractor.

                            It would be wonderful if you could find pain relief in a homeopathic, naturopathic, holistic way.

                            Just tossing out some thoughts for you to ponder.

                            We all want you to be healthy and pain-free.



                            Love & Light,

                            Rose
                            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Rose, my doctor is aware of what meds I take, including the Ibuprofen. He actually put me on the Tramadol to help me to lower my use of Ibuprofen. At first, it really made a difference and I almost was able to stop the Ibuprofen.

                              But lately, the pain starts to return before I am scheduled for another dose of Tramadol. I have good days where everything is taken at the recommended dose, and other days when it's just a matter of how much pain I have.

                              My doctor wants you to bring in everything you take, even supplements and the pain killers like Ibuprofen. I always do. And we do the "blood panel" thing about one a year. I only see him twice a year, but can call and get in no problem if I'm having trouble with anything.

                              I like my doctor, am very comfortable with him, but not enough to ever get a prostate exam!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Have a good day:

                                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X