Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT October Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Yes, but it was wrong yesterday. I've had several strange things that just started on the computer. I hope I don't have a virus or something weird. I'll bet you put a virus on me didn't you? I'll be keeping an eye on you!

    Where is Sally? I hope everything's okay on her end.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Howie View Post
      Sally, what's hurting that you take Tramadol?
      Arthrytus! ......
      Love, Sally


      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by agate View Post
        Doctors can't do nearly as much for us as we'd like to think they can, or at least that's one way of looking at the medical profession. Most of our care is in our own hands. We can only take the information we have and use it in order to try to live longer and maybe even prosper.

        If you're feeling pretty well, you're prospering, IMO.

        Howie, I've often heard doctors and dentists recommending Aleve, and it was one of the OTC meds recommended when I was taking Avonex. Tylenol or Aleve, they said. I never tried Aleve but looked it up. Nosebleeds are listed as a possible side effect but it's in the list of rare side effects, and the list of possible side effects is very long. It doesn't mean that the drug is dangerous--just that many people reported a wide variety of side effects, as happens with just about any drug you look up.

        I think it's possible that the Aleve had no connection with the nosebleed.

        I agree with stillstANNding that you could use some pain management. The more stuff you take, the more likely one thing you're taking is to interact with something else.
        Aleve is a blood thinner?
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #49
          Thanks for checking in Sally, I was worried about you. Sorry you're hurting.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
            Aleve is a blood thinner?
            Not according to this. It "can" thin the blood but apparently only if taken in combination with a blood-thinning drug (guess it will make the blood even thinner?):

            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

            Though nosebleeds are a rare side effect, intestinal or gastric bleeding isn't such a rare side effect.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #51
              That's why I don't want to do it again. How would you know you're bleeding elsewhere? I'm not in the habit of looking at my stools. I just flush them on down, and wish them a pleasant journey.
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #52
                Doctors routinely expect you to do a fecal occult blood test to find out if you're bleeding in your intestine. You've never had one of these tests?

                If there's a major bleed, you'd know about that. Other bleeding can be not so easy to find but serious anyway.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #53
                  DUPLICATE POST--MY APOLOGIES! Maybe a moderator can remove it?

                  Doctors routinely expect you to do a fecal occult blood test to find out if you're bleeding in your intestine. You've never had one of these tests?

                  If there's a major bleed, you'd know about that. Other bleeding can be not so easy to find but serious anyway.
                  Last edited by agate; 10-06-2016, 09:57 PM.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    No, I've never had a test like that, or a prostate exam, and never would. I couldn't look a doctor in the face that had his finger in my rear. That's just how I am. My dad smoked, and got lung cancer despite getting constant exams and x-rays of his lungs.

                    But the doctor missed a little spot hidden by his collar bone, and by the time it was found, it was too late. He did okay for awhile, until one day playing golf, he took a swing, and his leg bone broke, eaten up by cancer. He didn't last long after that. That's not the reason for rolling my eyes at doctors. Had he not smoked, he probably wouldn't have gotten cancer. But he would have died, we all die.

                    And my mom with Alzheimer's, had a heart attack, and heart surgery to "fix" the bad heart, and lived a while longer, not knowing anyone in her life, or even who she was.

                    I've never had surgery, well, other that that eye surgery, and never will. I am not hoping for a long life. I'm ready for what's next, even if it's eternal sleep.

                    All this serious talk is giving me a headache. Sam, get me some Ibuprofen.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Hi ANN!

                      Howie, it's very doubtful that Aleve was the cause of a nosebleed 1 minute after taking it. It had not been digested in any way 1 minute after taking it.

                      Ibuprofen isn't metbolized by the liver, but Tylenol with codeine, Tramadol and alcohol all are.

                      Here's a good outline of info on Tramadol (with a stiff warning about not combining it with alcohol). It also advises against taking antidepressants with it.

                      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                      Of course it's up to you, and we weigh risks/benefits all the time with everything we take.

                      I understand the sense of "what will be will be" and not feeling that the quality of life is sufficient to care about certain things that may shorten it. I only hope you will consider ideas to add more fulfillment to your life before you write it off. And we definitely don't want to contribute to a worsening of our health that would result in languishing in even worse health than we would have been in otherwise. This is hard enough, why make it harder when there's choices to add value and lessen boredom?

                      You always sound so proud of how well you're doing, even without meds. How about considering some ideas of how to get out more, join a car club that meets regularly to talk about cars, ways to meet new people so you have social support and interaction. I hope you'll try before giving up! I do respect your choice and willingness to put your thoughts out there. Keep talking about it here if it helps, ok?
                      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                      Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                      Comment


                        #56
                        SuzE-Q, it was after taking the second dose the next day when the nosebleed started.

                        And I know I'm a goner now. I take Tramadol and drink beer, plus I take TWO ADs each day, take an anxiety med, and a BP med or two.

                        I never go anywhere because I like being alone. My two cats keep me from feeling lonely. That, and coming here and talking to you, and the others who take the risk of talking to a crazy man.

                        And I'll go way out on a limb, and reveal something about myself. It's the thing I've never told my doctor about. And I'm just sharing, and not asking for advice although I know you would want to, and I really do appreciate that.

                        A few months ago, I discovered a large growth in my scrotum. It feels like I have three testicles which I could have put to good use when I was young, but not now.

                        It doesn't hurt at all, well, no more than squeezing the real testicles, and that's very painful for a man. Again, I chose not to say anything about it. I can't imagine asking my doctor to examine my scrotum, much less lying on an operating table, and having the lump removed.

                        So there it is, and now you can see why I didn't want to talk about it. It's such a personal thing, and one I choose to ignore.

                        PS I haven't even told Sam and Seven.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #57
                          And I'm just sharing, and not asking for advice although I know you would want to, and I really do appreciate that.
                          I appreciate your appreciation. You just wanted a place to vent. The topic isn't open to discussion so far as I can figure out.

                          I have no problem with that.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Thank you Agate. I want to know folks read it, and understand my wishes.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #59
                              ((((((Howie)))))) ~

                              I love you, and you are in my prayers.



                              Love & Light,

                              Rose
                              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Thanks Rose and everyone. I've told my brother and sister, but you are all like family, and after thinking it over for awhile, decided to tell everyone here about it.
                                Watch it just go away on it's own, won't I be embarrassed then!
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                                Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X