I have a bunch of paints, too, that I use for my dollhouses. All of them are water based, for easy cleanup and minor fumes. I use regular interior paint, like you'd use on walls and such. If you go to the paint section of the hardware stores, they have lots of little samples, now, in tiny jars, all the colors, so you can take them home, paint a bit of your wall, and see if you want to invest in a whole wall's worth. :) For me, the tiny samples are just the right size .. one jar will paint a dollhouse room.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OT October Chit Chat
Collapse
X
-
I had no idea paint stores had developed new ways of selling paint. No more color charts--just take home samples of the paint! It's really handy that one of the little jars is just right for a dollhouse room. Probably just right for touchups too.
Howie, I'm an ignoramus about cars as is well known but I'm surprised that you can spray paint Pinky's carpet. Or did I get that wrong?SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
The carpet comes in a kit that is just like the carpet that was in it originally. The interior was stripped of all the old carpet and glue, then you spray the backside of each piece of carpet, one at a time, and press them into the place it's made for. Not really that hard. Trial fit each piece with no adhesive, check how it fits, then spray the backside, and press it into place. Done....I mean...next!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Yeah, the paint samples are fun. They cost 79 cents here, but it's quite a lot of paint, and indeed would work fine for touchups, assuming your walls aren't painted some special hand-mixed colors. My walls of my house are white...although there are dozens of "shades" of white. Some have a slight tan tint, some yellow, some blue..but I can find enough samples to match for touch ups. I keep bumping into edges of the walls with my chair, so the touchup paint is handy to fill in the spots....I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o
Comment
-
Wow! I just ate, and was going to lie down, even if I didn't sleep. Here it is 2 hours later, and I thought it was 8am in the morning. I dreamed so much, I just figured it had to be the next day.
That Chicken Alfredo ought to have a warning on the label, WARNING, may cause deep sleep!!!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
I played catchup on reading for October yesterday. So now maybe I can post a little. I still have not read last half of September.
Jeanie, hope your van is alright now. It is so expensive to have any work done on any kind of vehicle. You need Howie to come to the rescue.
Agate, enjoyed hearing about your trip to the Farmer's Market. It sounded so pleasant and was good to hear you talk about having such a nice time.
Howie, we women have no choice but to go to Doctors and let them look at our bottoms. But we do respect your wishes for privacy and are just glad to be family.
Some of you may remember that I lost my Neurologist back in September when I went to him. They called me today and made an appointment for me to see a Nurse Practitioner. So maybe I can at least get my medications filled. I will not be seeing him until February, but all my prescriptions are good until then other than Rebif. I will have to call back to find out what to do about that when they ask for a new prescription, which is usually in October or November.
It was in the 40s here last night and is going to be again tonight. I decided tonight that I would turn my gas logs on to get the chill out of the air. The first thing was that when I opened the glass doors I saw a lot of white stuff all around in the fireplace. I got a hand vacuum and got most of it up, but was unable to get the logs on. When I turn the handle they do not even hiss as they normally would. Just nothing. I will have to get someone out to see if I can get them fixed. I already paid for my propane for the year in order to get a cheaper rate.
Obviously, not much going on with me except that Nephew, who is the golfer won a pretty big tournament. It was on the golf channel two weeks ago this past Saturday and Sunday. It was so exciting for me because he was in the lead and so they were showing him so much. Since I can't take the walking and heat I have never been able to go see him play. I got to see quite a lot that week-end. It was such fun to hear the announcers say things like "Grayson has swagger" and "Grayson has moxie" and they talked about how this 22 year old walked around the golf course with easy confidence.
He came home after that for a few days and we all went out to celebrate his 23rd Birthday. He was to play in Florida this past week and he flew down, but of course it was cancelled due to hurricane. So he flew on to California where he will be playing this week-end. We do not expect to see him much, if at all, because the really big name golfers will be playing in this one and the media concentrates on them. Tiger Woods was scheduled to come back out of retirement and play in this one, but I saw today that he had cancelled. But Phil Michelson and lots of others will be playing. I am just so hoping that he will not get nervous or feel intimidated.
So funny, I went to get a hair cut yesterday and one of the hairdressers was showing me pictures of her very beautiful blonde daughter. She and her boyfriend broke up some time back and she just hasn't met anyone that suited her. I think she is very focused - she has a really good high tech job. Also, she is very disciplined because she competed as a figure skater on ice. She is not competing any longer, but is career oriented. They were trying to get me to set up an introduction. She wants someone tall because she looks taller than she is. She is 5'6", but has long legs and lots of long blonde hair. However, she is a little over a year older than he is and is probably more settled. He is 6'1" tall so that part would be alright.
I told them that when he came home, his Aunt was the last thing he had on his mind. They said I could just get him to go on FB with her and they could become FB friends, however he friends everyone who ask that he knows and in the wide circle that he has traveled in over the years that is a lot of people. I probably will not see him until Christmas.Virginia
Comment
-
Virginia, I wouldn't mind a woman doctor checking anything on me, I just wouldn't want a man to do it. Maybe I'm a homophobe, but I can't help it. As Popeye said, "I am what I am and that's all what I am".
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Why not find yourself a woman doctor, Howie?
And Virginia is understating it when she says women allow doctors to look at our bottoms. They use a large COLD metal speculum to see our wombs. All women, all their lives, get this exam, many times.
What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander, etc.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I know having cold instruments used must be horrible. There is something that needs to be invented. A simple holder that warms the instrument before use. Simple! I probably have something in my car parts that would work. And I would sterilize it after I built it! A little lacquer thinner should work.
I'm just getting up. Made coffee, and nothing else but give the cats their dry food and water. I made a schedule yesterday for taking my two meds for pain, Ibuprofen and Tramadol. I'll see how it does.
A sunny Fall day. I love Fall. The colors of the leaves, and cooler so I can get outside more.
Have a great day all!!!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
I went to the dump, bank and store. Litter boxes and treats done, the day is mine.
I want to take Pinky out while this great, cooler weather is here. I even dreamed about it last night. The last time I went in the garage, there were spider webs everywhere. Then I saw a Black Widow. I quickly left.
I wonder if a "bug bomb" would work? Set it off and close the door, then come back, clear the webs, and take Pinky to the carwash. THEN drive it some the way I want to, just cruising and showing off my pink creation.
Tomorrow would be THE day to do it. They have the bombs at the hardware store, and will know if they kill spiders. I want to kill them, not make them mad.
Anyone want to take a ride in the coolest hotrod in the State? All you have to do is a simple job first. See this little can.........."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Some do kill spiders. Be sure to read the package and check first.Originally posted by Howie View PostI wonder if a "bug bomb" would work? Set it off and close the door, then come back, clear the webs, and take Pinky to the carwash.
Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz
Comment
-
I went to the hardware store and got 2 boxes. 3 bombs per box. I came back, and set all 3 off and closed the door. Just one can would have done it, but I don't play around with Black Widows. In the morning, I'll look inside, and take a broom, and clean the webs out. If I see ANYTHING move, I have three more bombs I'll set off.
If I live through all this, I have a big jug of gas for Pinky, then I'm going to hit the car wash and make it shine again. Then more gas, and it's cruise time!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Howie, you're bombing black widow spiders and hoping Pinky will survive the experience?
Does the bomb leave a powdery residue? I've used the occasional bug bomb and seem to remember that happening sometimes. Pinky might look as if she needs a bath.
Hope someone takes a photo when you get her out on the road. With Sam at the wheel of course.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment

Comment