Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    ICE PELLETS? That takes some pretty cold temps. I just wish for a little snow this time of year. But ICE PELLETS! If I get any, I'm sending them your way. You're used to them!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #62
      :) Prayers requested for my ramp van. Last night it overheated again and the needle was almost to H. I called my mechanic this morning and just called again and they are going to come and get the van instead of me sitting in their waiting room.

      Yesterday Andy put together the Christmas tree. I bought lights at Home Depot last night and on the way home is when the van overheated. I have several things I need to go out to do but cannot without my van. I do have enough food, etc. But several things require the van to do.

      I am scared. My van only has 126,000 miles on it and looks like new. The ramp is not working right again too but I am just doing it the hard way getting off the scooter and using the dash switch to close it then turning off the ignition and getting back on the scooter.

      My ex husband and his lady will be here for Christmas and Andy wants to do our family Christmas eve we usually have here on the 23rd since Jim's family has two church services on the 24th. Andy will cook for it. My ex has not been in my house since 1987 and his lady never. My house looks like a house that someone with a disability keeps up. Many things show that I can't do.

      Also I usually put money in the stockings but my ex pays alimony so I don't want too have money gifts be used as a reason to cut back or quit alimony. That is my grocery money each month.

      I try not to worry as I know God has a plan and whatever happens it will work out somehow, but every once in a while I take the problem back. Reminds me of a poem.

      As children bring their broken toys to us with faith to mend,
      I brought my broken dreams to God because He is my friend.
      But then instead of leaving Him in peace to work alone,
      I hung around and tried to help with ways that were my own.
      At last I snatched them back and said,
      How can You be so slow? My child He said,
      What could I do, you never did let go.
      Jeanie :)
      Last edited by Jeanie Z; 12-07-2016, 08:37 AM.

      Comment


        #63
        Why do money-crunching things always happen around the holidays, when we need every bit of extra cash we can come up with?! I'm sorry about your van. Have you tried finding a different mechanic who might be better prepared to fix it?
        ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

        Comment


          #64
          Can you talk to the company that converted it and tell them it is a lemon? And that you need it? Christmas time is also a time that some give back.

          ANN
          Last edited by stillstANNding; 12-07-2016, 10:17 AM.
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

          Comment


            #65
            :) I think once a van is 17 years old any warranty is void. Back in 2000 even doing the ramp conversion voided part of the warranties. Now they are approved. Also now they are computer controlled. Mine is like having a corded house phone.

            One of my neighbors stopped by today and told me that the neighbor that came the other night to fill the radiator also could probably fix it. If my mechanic does not come today I will call the neighbor.

            I am falling asleep at the computer. I think I will lay down until I hear from the mechanic. Jeanie :)

            Comment


              #66
              Send him over this way when he's done with your van.

              I've been out working on Pinky. I put a new cap and rotor on, then cranked it several times, but it won't fire. At least cranking it got oil in the oil pump, and on the bearings.

              I'm ready to just let it go until Spring. There are lots of things I need to check. I'll go over the manuals I have for the fuel injection system. I feel that's where the problem is. It's a matter of just tracking it down, and may be as simple as a blown fuse.

              Time for an early beer. Sally....join me?
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #67
                Jeanie, I am so sorry about your van. They are so very expensive and then expensive to keep up. I hope someone can fix it and fix it right. I know you are just kind of stuck without it.

                I don't know who all you give to at Christmas, but is there anyway to give to, at least the grown ups, in a Christmas card. Just say you would rather not give money during the family Christmas and if you don't want to say why just don't.

                Poor Howie, Pinky has been so neglected she is just acting up. That is what women do you know. When we don't get attention we really let it be known. We just shut down.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #68
                  I think I learned that lesson before I learned how to work on cars!
                  Last edited by Howie; 12-07-2016, 02:55 PM.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Except for a few select people...who are poorer than I am! ....I don't give gifts anymore to anyone. Certainly none in my family, all of whom have more money than I do, live well, are well established. I DO send money to a couple of charitable and political organizations. For the charity ones, I tell people in my Christmas cards (which I haven't even started this year!) that I'm giving a gift to the charity, and hope they do the same..or to a charity of their choice...as we ALL have more than we need. For the past several years my largest gift --the sum of which I'd be giving out to family, if I would do that instead -- is going to FeedAmerica, their local chapter (FeedAmerica Northeast Wisconsin) which supplies food to local food pantries in my area, including the one in my small town. I'm not Christian...but if I were, putting Christ back into Christmas seems like a worthy way to celebrate the holiday...you know, feed the poor, welcome the stranger, house the homeless...that sort of thing. Peace on earth, goodwill to ALL men..and women..and children..regardless of color, country of origin, race, creed, gender orientation, type of clothing, ideology. Difficult concept for some, I know.
                    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                    Comment


                      #70
                      :) At 3:30 Andy came to bring in my trash and recycle bins. The mechanic had not come yet. I called on speaker phone and they said they might not get to it today. I explained to them that I cannot go anywhere without it.

                      Andy is going to come here at 8 in the morning with his crew. He is going to add water to the radiator and drive it to my mechanic and his crew will follow him. He is hoping I will get it back the same day but I am not sure. I have been a good customer but I don't seem to be a priority. I am worried but trying to let go and let God.

                      I am glad I have plenty to eat etc. so I do not have anywhere I have to be for a day or two. I had a call from my 86 year old blind uncle in Texas and he is sending me a check for Christmas. $400. will help a lot. Jeanie :)

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Jeanie, that is a very generous gift from your Uncle, and at a time when you can really use it. I'm really hoping they can get you running reliably again, very soon.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Three cheers for your uncle, Jeanie! I hope that this van problem can be fixed soon. Feeling stuck because you have no transportation is a grim experience.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Wonderful of Uncle. I hope the amount covers your van problems.

                            Cat, we have a feed the hungry program here. This year it is going to the areas of the State that were flooded. I also like to give to "Coats for the Children". That is through a very community minded local TV station. They have been doing this for a long time. I hate the thought of a cold child trying to go to school.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Yes, the coats for kids might be a national thing. It's here, too, and I've seen it in a lot of different areas.

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Hello all!
                                Love, Sally


                                "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X