Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
    My trip would have been 1 hour and 25 minutes w no connection but Boston was iced up and socked in w fog. Fortunately, it cleared by the time for my flight. We were about 90 minutes late which was good considering over 110 Boston flights were cancelled.
    It's quite an adventure living around here for sure. Welcome home!


    Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

    Comment


      Vicky, I am "home" in my childhood home w Mom. Peter comes tomorrow morning.
      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        Agate, I have been living on soups and left over pasta, and chili, all from one of my sister-in-laws. I am ready for green stuff. I actually went to Whole Foods today and got two small salads for tomorrow. I know we are having ham, but don't know about turkey and dressing. We will have macaroni and cheese because a Niece in law makes that really good and everyone likes hers so she will bring it. Other than that I expect someone will make cream potatoes and I have no idea what will be served.

        They would not tell me since I am not expected to take anything. They told me to bring wine in case anyone wants some. My family are not drinkers really. A few might have a glass of wine, but no more than two or three of us. I am taking 4 bottles so that I can hopefully have every kind that anyone would drink.
        Virginia

        Comment


          :) Ann I am glad your plane made it. BBS I am glad your surfing went well. Props to your DH. I hope all of you are going to have a blessed day.

          I went to the motorcycle Christmas gathering for about 30 minutes. It was good to see several friends I have not seen in a long time.

          Andy and I went to the 4PM service at Jim's church. Both he and Matt play in the church band. This year was much better than previous years. They had a guess the carol and played a few bars of well known Christmas carols. One young man played the piano and sang Hallelujah. He played well and sang beautifully. At the end everyone had candles and they were lit for the last songs and we finished with Silent Night. It was very nice.

          I came home and heated a Lean Cuisine dinner and put on my pajamas. I am going to bed early since we are going to Jim's for brunch at 11 tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone. Jeanie :)


          Comment


            You had a wonderful day Jeanie! Enjoy tomorrow too!

            Ann, it’s amazing you can travel so fearlessly like that! Have a good visit :)

            Comment


              Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
              I do not know about Ann but expect she has a solid sense of self preservation!

              However, your comment set me to thinking about MS friends who are the sort who ignore the reality and love to push around saying they are fine and “can do it” .... this ‘type’ is often the person who makes the lives of those around them miserable. When this person insists on doing things in public situations it ends up that others have to run and fetch the wheelchair when it is needed. Or the others have to reconfigure everything so the One with the disability can bull their way around pretending that nothing is wrong.

              Do I sound unkind? I just feel we have a responsibility not to be so focused on ourselves that we make the lives of those around us harder. Planning ahead for what is likely to be a problem or just noticing what your requests create for others is not too much to expect. It is an act of love/respect that we should always have for others.
              Laz, this is a thoughtful and thought provoking post. I will have to keep it in mind. Maybe my buddies would rather carry my board than hover and worry about me.

              Comment


                Our Ann is fearless for flying on Christmas Eve Day in bad weather with no one to assist her.

                Our BBS is fearless every time she goes surfing and she meets with City Officials to discuss MMJ for everyone.

                Our Jeanie is fearless for doing so much. Her day would have knocked me out and I would not be able to make brunch tomorrow.

                I just got in and Agate here was something of the menu. We had ham and turkey and dressing with gravy, sweet potato casserole, cream potatoes, green beans, roasted asparagus, green peas, macaroni and cheese, something that looked like stewed apples ( I had to skip that), cranberry sauce. I think I missed something, but I can't remember what it is. For desert we had apple dumplings with vanilla ice cream, 12 layer chocolate layer cake and something they said was cheese cake, but looked like key lime pie. I skipped the chocolate cake and key lime cheesecake in favor of the dumplings with ice cream.

                I brought home a big plate of food for tomorrow, so I will not go hungry on Christmas Day.

                It seemed like everyone had a very good time. We did something different. We did not buy each person a gift. One sister-in-law gave me a set of plastic bowls that you store things in. There are seven of them with lids. We each bought 3 $10.00 scratch off lottery cards and put them in a basket, then we drew 3 out a piece and scratched them off. I didn't win anything. We figured out how much all 13 of us had put in and we came out way in the hole. I am sure we will not do that again. It was just something to do different, but we will go back to the old way.

                I am tired.
                Last edited by Virginia; 12-24-2017, 05:58 PM. Reason: spelling
                Virginia

                Comment


                  It sounds like it was a good but tiring time, Virginia. How many hours were you out?

                  Going to sleep now. Peter will be here in the morning.

                  Merry Christmas,
                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    There's been snow on the ground here all day, with no sign of melting.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      I wasn't out too long last night. I left at 5:30 and got home at 9:30. However, I had gone to the grocery store before that.

                      Agate, it is suppose to either snow or be ice and sleet here about Thursday. My older brother from South Carolina was due to come Thursday, but I don't know if he will get to or not. It would be nice to see him.

                      There was a picture of all of us at Christmas party last night, but I couldn't share it because the share button was not on for that one.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        :) Agate I'm glad you have snow for Christmas. We are in the 80's. We still have to mow the grass every week. When I moved from north Florida to here in 1964 it was 85 on Christmas and everything was green. I was homesick for the brown fall of Jacksonville. After all these years more Christmases have been hot than cold.

                        Andy came and we went to Jim's and took Lacy. We had a nice brunch and visit. When I got home my neighbor brought me over a plate of ham, turkey, potato salad, dressing with gravy, and macaroni and cheese. Also a piece of cake.

                        I took off my clothes and put on pajamas and relaxing now and going to bed early as I am tired.

                        I hope everyone is having a good day. Jeanie :)


                        Comment


                          A quiet day, here...not much different than any other. I did make a roast beef for dinner, so now we'll have roast beef for a couple of days. We didn't exchange gifts...we already buy what we want/need whenever it pops up. I bought a speaker for the TV. Even with hearing aides I have trouble distinguishing speech when must plays behind it. Supposedly these speakers will "fix" that. I'll see tonight when I try watching something. TC bought a Dictaphone device..he says he forgets stuff and this will help him remember.. maybe :)

                          Now on to New Years!
                          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                          Comment


                            Merry Christmas everyone..

                            Hello from the heartland, which has us all in the deep freeze.. 10 below windchill,, and trying to keep our beef that's in the butcher/shop from freezing,,so far we regulated it too 30 degrees in there,, we start cutting and wrapping Wednesday..

                            Christmas a quiet one, just the 2 of us,, smoked pork/chops and a butterenut squash casserole.. and pumpkin pie

                            Neuro visit,, I don't know,, wasn't impressed with him,, a MRI done,, 15 vials of blood taken ,, and still have no idea if I am getting my infusion,, . just frustrating,

                            well better go,, later then
                            " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                            Peg

                            Comment


                              Peg, that sounds like a tasty holiday dinner to me!

                              This was a new neuro? Too bad if he was just run of the mill or worse. After you've had the first 2 Ocrevus infusions, is there a chance that the new neuro won't let you continue with them? Maybe he's waiting for the MRI results before advising you about it.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                Cat and Peg both had good Christmas dinners. Is TC going to dictate everything he thinks he might forget into this device? I would probably forget to listen to it.

                                Peg, I thought once you started on Ocrevus that unless you had problems tolerating it they kept you on at least long enough to get a good idea of what it might do. Seems this would not be enough time or infusions. Is there an underlying reason for this that you know about? I thought you were doing very well.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X