I'm going to Trader Joe's and Wholefoods tomorrow. For someone who is trying to reduce possessions, grocery store binges are the best. Howie, whaddya need? I want more chocolate with bacon. Sorry, vegetarians.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OT December Chit Chat
Collapse
X
-
Yes, there are frozen car locks in Chicago. I never envied the people with cars because they had to work so hard and get so cold just digging their cars out of the snow. And then making their cars start.Originally posted by stillstANNding View PostAgate, I lived near Lincoln Park my only winter in Chicago. I would go out and find the car's lock frozen.
That's the coldest I have ever been: 6:20 AM in A Chicago winter.
ANN
Lincoln Park? That's where I spent my first two years as well as my teenage years, and in fact that's where my grandfather and father lived for many years before that.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Mmmmmm, chocolate with bacon sounds good for me.Originally posted by renee View PostI'm going to Trader Joe's and Wholefoods tomorrow. For someone who is trying to reduce possessions, grocery store binges are the best. Howie, whaddya need? I want more chocolate with bacon. Sorry, vegetarians.
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
I haven't been back in that area for many years. That restaurant must be one of those that came along since my time there. I lived on Wellington/Clark, Diversey/Broadway/Clark, and Deming/Clark --Deming being just north of Fullerton.Originally posted by stillstANNding View PostAgate, if you remember the restaurant, Hemingway's Movable Fest it was a non-descript apartment building nearby.
ANNSPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Actually I was up there a couple of times in the 1970s and noticed that the area had definitely changed since I'd lived there. Somehow that restaurant escaped my attention.Great name for a restaurant! Sounds a bit like they'd specialize in takeout meals?SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Ah, Chicago! I was born in Chicago, but was moved to Park Ridge -- a suburb -- in 1948 or so. Moved away in 1965, have only been back a couple of times, not since maybe the early 70's. I know of the area you're talking about...but not well enough to know the restaurant......I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o
Comment
-
Or "Three Buck Chuck's" . This was a wine that was sold on EBay by a bride who got stood up at the altar. They had ordered several cases of a premium wine in both red and white, as I understand it. Chuck was her intended who did not follow through on the nuptials. So she sold all of the wedding wine for $3 a bottle and named it "Three Buck Chuck's". Our daughter told us about this and said it had been briefly for sale (till the stock was gone) at either Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. Although here in Rhode Island you cannot buy wine or beer in a grocery store....only in a "Package" or Liquor store.
Comment
-
Two-buck Chuck was sold in the TJ's in California. On the East coast it was $3 rendering it the name, Three-buck Chuck. The "chuck" was from the Charles Shaw brand which TJ's bought. See here: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
Peter liked it. And there was a lot of it for a good while. We went to a least one wedding that served it.
ANNThere comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK
Comment
-
There have been 12,000 more evacuated in California due to the Thomas Fire in Santa Barbara County. Lets keep all in harms way in our thoughts. I can't even imagine the life of a Firefighter. My husband had a "double first cousin" who was a fireman and a building fell on him while he was fighting a fire and killed him. Being double first cousins they grew up almost like brothers.Virginia
Comment
-
Double-first cousins don't happen very often. If you have a sister and the man you marry has a brother, and your sister marries that brother, and both couples have kids, those kids will be double-first cousins. They'd have the same sets of grandparents.
Or of course you could have a brother and the man you marry might have a sister, and if those two marry, and both couples have children, those kids will be double-first cousins.Last edited by agate; 12-16-2017, 08:02 PM.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment

Comment