:) Suzyq and Ann please check in. Andy came yesterday and put out my trash and recycle. He also put my wreath on the front door, strung the eave Christmas lights and put together the Christmas tree.
He is coming today and help me decorate it and the house inside. Everyone is coming here on the Friday before Christmas to go to dinner and do stockings. On Sunday (24) Andy and I are going to the 4 PM service where Jim and Matt will be playing in the band. They will also play at the 6 o'clock service but we will go earlier.
Nothing is planned for Christmas day. I do so wish the nursing home would let my friend have the Hoveround before Christmas. Across the street is a Walgreen's and and a Red Lobster. She used to go to those when she had an electric chair.
Years ago David bought me a 6 inch Christmas tree that connects to the USB port and changes colors. I like having it up on the printer. I pray all of you are going to have great holidays. Jeanie :)
:) Andy did come and all my Christmas stuff is out and put on display. The tree is beautiful. I bought some more lights and it has about 400 on it and I have hanging balls some as old as 1959 from my first married Christmas. I also have some beautiful hand made ornaments my sister and a friend made.
My coffee table is covered in a red satin and has about 60 silver bells from different years. Lacy love laying under the tree on the tree skirt. She thinks she is a present. A lot of evenings I sit in the dark with just the tree lit. It is relaxing. I am so thankful for all Andy does for me. Jeanie :)
I saw this just last night on FB and bookmarked it. If your looking for a book to read or to give as a gift, you can click on any title to get a brief synopsis of the book.
If you look on the left of the page, there are links to the previous years top 100 books too.
I'm not much of a TV or movie watcher, never have been, but I finally decided to start watching a few movies on Amazon Prime. The first movie I watched was Me Before You because there had been some discussion about that movie here on the forum. I thought it was a good, thought provoking movie, whether you agree with his point of view and final decision or not.
Last night I watched Big Sick. Enjoyed it too.
Keep the recommendations coming!
Agate, if you find The Doctor is still on something like Netflix or Amazon Prime let us know.
I'm afraid I don't know anything about Netflix (streaming) or Amazon Prime though some years ago I subscribed to Netflix DVDs that are sent by mail. I no longer have access to their list of available titles.
I get movies by going to the county public library site, and if they have a movie on DVD, I put a hold on it, and eventually it shows up when the mobile library visits this building. It comes along once a month.
I'm here!! It wasn't THAT long since I posted! :) I was gone for most of yesterday: I was having trouble with my hearing aids, muffled hearing out of my left ear. So I made an appointment for yesterday to have them and my hearing checked. Monday, though, I took the time to really clean the aids with alcohol, including the battery compartment, and the sound was much improved.
So yesterday TC and I got ready for my appointment...he went to back out the car...and it wouldn't start! Dead battery! So he set in to jump the car to get it to start, I called the hearing place to tell them we'd be late -- could they still see me? -- yes...and off we went. Turns out that one of the issues with my aids is that they have an internal filter that can only be cleaned by the technician. So they did that, and my problem is resolved. While I was there I asked about getting new, more powerful aids....and was told that yes, I could. They would "only" cost me $5,300......I declined. None of that of course is covered by either insurance or Medicare......
Then we went shopping to TC's favorite stores -- Menards (a hardware store) and Fleet Farm (a farmers discount store). By then we were both pretty tired, so we came home. I ate a bag of Cheetos for supper :) ....
Today was spent making some more lemon jelly, and home made pizza for lunch. Haven't figured out dinner yet. So far for TC's friends for Christmas I've made 5 plum puddings, 5 jars of the hard sauce to go with them, 6 jars of lemon curd, 6 jars of cranberry conserve. I "only" have 6 batches of lemon shortbread to make. I ran out of lemons so can't do any more baking til we get to the grocery store. So maybe tomorrow.
Thanks for asking about me.. :)
...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o
Jeanie, you have a heart of gold. It’s always so refreshing to see someone live their faith.
Cherie, I appreciate all you do for patient care. And enjoy your updates.
Yes, Suze Q and Cat, check in! I too wondered if all is okay.
I love to read, maybe you do too. Is there interest in starting an ongoing Book thread?
I think an ongoing Book thread sounds like a good idea. I used to belong to a book discussion forum, and everyone posted about what they were currently reading--in the hopes that someone else who is interested in those books or has read them might show up and say something. Since there are so many books out there, different people like quite different books, and so there isn't always much communication going on.
But here a book thread would at least encourage people to open up more about their activities. Is anyone particularly interested in starting such a thread?
I'll join, but the last time this was mentioned we had a little bit of a problem with people liking different kinds of books. Maybe that will work out this time.
....oh, and the fleet farm shop was to buy a new battery for the car....
A book group would be fun..there's not many of us here right now. Maybe we could agree on one to read together?
I see the cooking thread bouncing up from time to time...maybe now with holiday baking it'll revive. I'm cooking tofu tomorrow...anyone interested. In that?
I'm glad to see there's some interest in a book discussion thread!
After all, most of us seem to read books--why not tell others about them as you go along, and others could chime in or not, depending on whether they have something to say about that book or author. Or they could chime in with something about a book (or author) they've been reading.
Sometimes I get fond of a particular author and go through as many of that author's books as I can find.
So the thread could be about authors as well as their books, of course.
One problem with picking one book that everyone would read and discuss might be that some people have trouble getting a particular book without a long wait.
______________
Vicky (Frog42), I hope you'll come back when you feel up to it. We're here for you.
Comment