Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Happy travels Cherie! Go get em!

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Virginia View Post
      But.....BBS loves her surfing and her surfing buddies and we love it when she tells us about it. She just takes us right with her. I think keep it up as long as you can. All too soon, you may not be able to.

      This afternoon I went to a baby shower that was the nicest I have ever been to. It was at 2:00P.M. and I was not expecting to have a sit down dinner. Actually, we went through the line and got our food and then set at tables to eat. There were a lot of tables for eight people. Not all were filled, but still lots of people. A lot of work went into this one. It lasted from 2 until after 4P.M.

      I came home for just a few minutes and left again to go meet a brother and a sister-in-law that was with me this afternoon. We went out to eat. Honestly, I am so tired. I need to go out again tomorrow, but do not know if that will be possible.

      I am enjoying my Roku and having Netflix and Amazon Prime movies. I have seen two really good ones on Amazon Prime.
      Hi,
      What two movies were on Amazon prime that you liked? I am watching "the big sick". It is really good. I watched the series Fearless. I really liked that. I am watching a lot these days.
      Linda~~~~

      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

      Comment


        #18
        My pasta is done, and I made a fresh batch of coleslaw. Now let both sit for a while, then I chow down. And the kitchen is clean except for the big covered pan full of pasta. Ahhhhhhh.....
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #19
          Good job Howie!

          Haven’t seen the Big Sick. Did see The Doctor with Wm Hurt years ago- terrific movie

          Comment


            #20
            Linda, The Big Sick was the main one I really liked. I think it is one of the best movies I have seen in awhile. The other one was "Allied". It is a WWII setting with Matt Damon.

            The ones I have seen on Netflix have been pretty good, but not nearly as good as either of these, but especially "The Big Sick".

            BBS, if I come across "The Doctor" I will watch it.

            Cherie, let us know if you see any good ones.

            I think I am enjoying this right now because I have not been out to a movie in at least 5 years and not many then. I had a next door neighbor that use to enjoy movies and occasionally we would go when the theatre was one floor and not hard to get into. Now that she moved to Atlanta 5 or 6 years ago I no longer go. She is the one who talked me in to getting a Roku. We still talk by phone and e-mail.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #21
              Hi there,,

              just sneaking in,, deer season is done , and they did really well.. 4 bucks,, , since it got to 66 degrees today we packed the hanging deer with ice, and a Canadian cold front moved in,, so we cut meat tomorrow,and vacumn seal,, I again playing dual roles as the cook, and a wrapper,its okay,, I recruited help,, not tackling this one alone..

              later then..
              " Don't outsmart your common sense"

              Peg

              Comment


                #22
                Our busy Peg - as usual doing something constructive. Peg, I think you cook a lot. I don't think your folks have to worry about going hungry with you around cooking, freezing and doing everything but going out shooting the meat. You are always so cheerful about it. I believe you are going back to see your Doctor sometime this week to talk about your next infusion. So very glad this working out for you.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #23
                  Virginia, I think that people from miles around line up outside Peg's house waiting to be fed, and they've already been fed so well there that they're rolypoly. They're out there all wrapped up in their winter coats and just waiting for that venison stew to be served.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by agate View Post
                    Virginia, I think that people from miles around line up outside Peg's house waiting to be fed, and they've already been fed so well there that they're rolypoly. They're out there all wrapped up in their winter coats and just waiting for that venison stew to be served.
                    you B so funny Joanie,, lol, my stew is gone,, now its chicken and noodles,, I am fixing,,its easy,,

                    I go next Tuesday to the neuro,, ..to get this sceheduled..
                    Last edited by Pegakafarmgirl; 12-04-2017, 10:41 PM.
                    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                    Peg

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Wow Peg! You get some kind of award!

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                        Linda, The Big Sick was the main one I really liked. I think it is one of the best movies I have seen in awhile. The other one was "Allied". It is a WWII setting with Matt Damon.

                        The ones I have seen on Netflix have been pretty good, but not nearly as good as either of these, but especially "The Big Sick".

                        BBS, if I come across "The Doctor" I will watch it.

                        Cherie, let us know if you see any good ones.

                        I think I am enjoying this right now because I have not been out to a movie in at least 5 years and not many then. I had a next door neighbor that use to enjoy movies and occasionally we would go when the theatre was one floor and not hard to get into. Now that she moved to Atlanta 5 or 6 years ago I no longer go. She is the one who talked me in to getting a Roku. We still talk by phone and e-mail.
                        The doctor is about an arrogant insensitive doc who gets cancer and becomes a patient, and thus treated by an arrogant insensitive medical system. It opens his eyes and humanizes him.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I finally got mail today. First time since last Tuesday. It was in one of those big boxes that you see on the mail trucks. It was full. The mailman rang my door bell one time and left. I got all the stuff in and left the box out there. So I am hoping this indicates that the Postmaster has told them to bring it to my house, since my box is so far away. I bet that mail carrier is upset with me, but I do have a Doctor's letter which I read to the Postmaster. They have not asked me to send them the letter itself. I had insurance information in there so glad I got it. I was beginning to think I was a victim of ID theft, because last week at time I stopped getting my mail I also got a call from Chase saying that my credit card had a fraud charge on it. The man insisted on cancelling it and sent me another one by next day UPS. Sure glad he did that because I have used it and if he had not sent it UPS I would not have had it.

                          One thing I had bought for hairdresser for Christmas was declined because the card would not go through. Guess I will have to give her a check and apologize with explanation because my appointment is Monday and I don't have time to get anything in between now and then. I talked to Chase today and they told me that charge had been declined or I would not have known. They have been nice to work with.
                          Last edited by Virginia; 12-05-2017, 09:19 AM.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Does anyone know what happened to SuzE-Q? She was a regular here but hasn't been seen in quite a while. I sent her an e-mail--so far, no reply. Hope she's all right!

                            Virginia, you must have received quite a pile of mail! Good that the bank straightened out the possible ID theft. I've had that happen too, and always got a replacement card promptly.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Agate, I am really surprised that Suze-Q has stayed gone so long. It is a little unusual. I wish she would report in and tell us what is going on. I think of her all the time and keep wondering.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                                The doctor is about an arrogant insensitive doc who gets cancer and becomes a patient, and thus treated by an arrogant insensitive medical system. It opens his eyes and humanizes him.
                                I liked the Doctor and the Big Sick. I think it should be a prerequisite to care for others to be at the mercy of the medical system for yourself! The best doctors and nurses are really those who have been sick and have experienced "routine care".

                                I did a program in Fullerton, Ca tonight and it always humbles me to see what people are living with and how ill equipped their health care team so often is in managing care and in really hearing their (our) voices.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X