Yes. And then it gets bogged down. But now it’s picking up nicely around p 100 and I am engaged again :)
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Book Club: What are you reading?
Collapse
X
-
Finishing up 'Life Expectancy' by Koontz. Second reading. I recall liking it the first time and I own it so while I am waiting for my library books to come in the mail I am reading it.
I hadn't realized that I only chose two books from the library so I had to go back in and choose a bunch more that I have missed over the years. I am finally getting back to the point that I can get in bed and read before sleeping. It got for a while there I was fallling asleep in my book just before I quit reading. I have missed laying in bed and reading for an hour or two. Stay up a bit later and I get to sleep in lol.
Has anyone invested in meditation cds or borrowed one from the library. I need to get back into it. Guess I will see what I can find.
Comment
-
Well, I am at @p 150 and officially giving up. He does have interesting observations. But it takes patience to wade through the minutae. I can def see why many people love the book.Originally posted by Virginia View PostThis book was discussed a little at my meditation group last month. Everyone thought it was very well written and a very good book. I stayed out of the discussion other than to say I had read it and liked it.
Comment
-
Chris, I use the $3 Meditation Studio App. I am very happy with it. Before I had a smart phone, I used soothing music on CDs that I picked out.Originally posted by houghchrst View Post
Has anyone invested in meditation cds or borrowed one from the library. I need to get back into it. Guess I will see what I can find.
ANNThere comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK
Comment
-
Also, you can go on line and get meditation information on line. enews@soundstrue.com is one place I believe. If you cannot get it there let me know and I will check the URL. It is called Mindfulness Summit.Virginia
Comment
-
I am now starting to read Malteese Falcon. I know that I would have read it many years ago, but my book club is reading it this month and they dropped off a copy from the library for me to read. Who doesn't remember Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade?
BBS, just the way it starts, I think this is definitely one you would enjoy reading or rereading. It has started off fast at the gate and is obviously a detective novel which I know you enjoy.Virginia
Comment
-
I finished A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles, and it was the best recent book I've read in ages.
I looked up the author's Webpage, and he discusses it. It is a long book and needs to be read carefully, I think, because there are small details that crop up later and become more important.
The Count is a memorable character, and so are many of the others.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Great Agate, as you know I certainly enjoyed and someone else on here (I think maybe Linda) did also.
I've got 3 new books on my Kindle, but right now I am binge watching The Crown. Apparently, it was a TV series at some point and time. Anyway, it details the early life of Queen Elizabeth, the death of her Father, her becoming Queen. I've watched 3 or 4 episodes on Netflix and I am enjoying it. It appears that she and husband Phillip were quite close early on. It probably will not take too long to go through it because there are no commercials like when it was on TV.Virginia
Comment
-
Yup, it was me who liked a Gentleman in Moscow. I am 2/3 of the way through The Girl on the Train and loving it. I am all twisted in the plot following hints about who the criminal is...the author does a great job of leading the reader astray.
A main character in the book is an alcoholic and when she is in a befuddled state her thinking is as confused as mine gets at times! And I don’t even have to drink to reach a tolerable state of befuddlement!Linda~~~~
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..
Comment
-
Just a note about The Gentleman in Moscow --I looked up an interview with the author, and he was asked why all of the chapter titles start with the letter A. He said he doesn't know. I thought he might have been doing that because his first name starts with an A but apparently not.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment


Comment