Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving: May 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    All you ladies are so busy, especially Agate. I couldn't do what you did. But I no longer have any live plants in the house. Having multiple cats stopped all living plants indoors.

    I do have lots of the fake plants indoors. I think they are called "silk" plants. They look very real, and are not like the plastic fake plants they used to have.

    It's in the 90's the rest of the week, so I'm just sitting on the bed in my boxers, and watching TV. Ho-hum, but at least I posted!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #92
      People here in this building often have a few plants outside their front doors, and some of them are fake plants. I've had to look really closely at them to find out if they are real or artificial. The artificial ones often look so much better than the real ones that I ask myself why I keep on trying with real ones.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #93
        I actually have some artificial ones on my front porch. I have one on each side of the steps and back further I have a topiary. They look very nice. I couldn't get anything to live out there because of the weather and finally I got tired of trying and did this.

        Proud of you Howie for keeping silk plants inside your place. Many of them do look very nice. I have a couple inside my house, but also have live ones.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #94
          I do have the one live rose bush outside, at least I think it's still there. I just quit even looking at it, yet I walk past it every time I go anywhere. I'll have to remember to look at it next time I go somewhere just to see if it's still alive.
          Last edited by Howie; 05-27-2019, 02:41 PM.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #95
            I have a problem with my exercise. I find that with the compression knee highs that I am now trying to wear everyday it is harder to do many of the things that I once did, also they are hot as heck when exercising. I can't do the exercises in the morning before I put them on because that is usually my very weakest part of the day. I wait until afternoon to do them. Now, I know all of you will say just take them off and put them back on. That is easier said than done for those of you who have not worn them. They extremely hard to get on and it takes me quite awhile and they are also hard to take off. Doing it once a day is about as much as I can take.

            Today I left them off for the first time since I started wearing them and did my exercises this afternoon. I used the stretch out tape for some of them and it felt good. Since I have found my book telling how to do them I like using it, but all of the exercises are harder wearing the hose. However, now I am swollen.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #96
              Virginia, years ago I tried compression stockings or socks. I think they were socks. I don't recall if I got them by mistake or if I bought them on purpose thinking that they would help me. I couldn't stand them! They made me so uncomfortable that I was out of them within hours and never again wanted to go anywhere near them.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #97
                That sounds very frustrating Virginia,,,

                Today I swam 746 yeards in 22 minutes. Went to the grocery store and walked the 45 steps from car to motor cart. I asked mgr and she said that on days i cannot dothat walk, can cal the store and they wil have someone bring the motor cart to me. Nice :)

                Now making lunch. Soon, a trip to doc, pick up produce, come home and make dinner. Rest a lot in between. Legs still bad. Still feelis like UTI but not s bad. Tomorrow is last pill. Doc office wont order a culture until i call and say finished med and still have symptoms. GEESH.

                Comment


                  #98
                  Today I swam 800 yards in 22 minutes, faster than usual. Yesterday was IVIG and the results were clear. I felt no SPS twinging in the water or in the shower after wards. Perfect....

                  Comment


                    #99
                    I’m glad you are having a good day, Sunshine.

                    ANN
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                    Comment


                      Terrific Sunshine!
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        Really good news, Sunshine! You must be doing something right.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          Some tips to exercise interval training to elevate heart rate from Dave Bexfield
                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Comment


                            Swam 770 yards in 22 minutes today.

                            Comment


                              I went to bank (just drive through), grocery store, drug store and to "Poppy Seeds" a neighborhood restaurant. So I got in a little walking.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                Virginia, what did you get to eat from Poppy Seeds?

                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X