Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    August chitchat

    Some people here are already in August--so here's a Chitchat thread for it.

    This place I'm in is getting ready for the painters who were scheduled to be here on Monday but they put it off till Thursday. Tomorrow they'll probably be starting in on the power washing. I'll be keeping all windows shut and blinds closed because they'll be putting plastic sheeting over the windows on the outside, then blasting the whole building with hoses. All very exciting in a way. Drama!

    Every Thursday I wait for the my grocery order, and with luck that will happen tomorrow too. I hope that the ladders and trucks aren't taking up so much room in the parking lot that she can't park but I asked about it and understand that there will be space.

    That's what's going on here. How about you?
    Last edited by agate; 08-01-2019, 07:02 AM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    After working outside on the farm I could use a good hose down like that before I drag all the sand and dirt into the house!
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #3
      This morning I saw a large irregular creamsicle colored blob in my garden. I researched it and here’s what I found out and it is so fascinating. I think you’ll be fascinated, too, especially Howie:

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #4
        I almost forgot, Rabbit Rabbit!
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #5
          There's a SpongeBob slime mold! That was really informative.

          I think I'd be inclined to get rid of one of those blobs if it appeared but it sounds as if some people keep them around just because they're so fascinating.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            Agate, it said some people scramble them like eggs and eat it. Yuck!!! Slime Mold and Dog Vomit are both enough to turn me off. Yea, I think SpongeBob Howie will like this article. (when he gets up) Thanks for posting Ann, it is fascinating, however you can keep that stuff.

            A little cooler here today like it is with Cherie. Nice you and David are getting away for a few days of R&R Cherie. So glad David is doing well and hope you feel better soon.

            Agate, you have a lot going on around your place today and this week. Hope the painting is not too disturbing to you when it is started.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Virginia View Post
              Agate, it said some people scramble them like eggs and eat it. Yuck!!! Slime Mold and Dog Vomit are both enough to turn me off. Yea, I think SpongeBob Howie will like this article. (when he gets up) Thanks for posting Ann, it is fascinating, however you can keep that stuff.

              A little cooler here today like it is with Cherie. Nice you and David are getting away for a few days of R&R Cherie. So glad David is doing well and hope you feel better soon.

              Agate, you have a lot going on around your place today and this week. Hope the painting is not too disturbing to you when it is started.
              It got postponed by another day. Maybe tomorrow.

              It will be disturbing. There will be long stretches of time when I'll need to have all windows and the door not just shut tight but with the blinds drawn because workers will be right outside. They often have their radios going full blast too, and I'll be hearing music I don't particularly want to hear all day. And they leave their soda cans strewn all over the yard but they're just a minor nuisance as I thread my way daily across the yard to get to my plants to water them.

              In this dry season they need water daily.

              When they park their cherrypicker right outside my window, I'll have to go around it to get to the plants but that's just a few mores steps to add to my pedometer score.

              I'll stop complaining soon and just be glad that the management people care enough to keep this building looking nice. Van drivers sometimes comment on how nice this building looks, and it is well maintained. I appreciate that after so many years in a building that was maintained only very minimally.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                John found something once near our ponds. It was a foot long and five inches wide and 4 inches tall. It had ruffles like crepe paper and bright orange sherbet. It was not a mushroom. He kept it for 10 years by keeping it moist....he kept it outside on the farm...it did not grow but it did not change form. There are amazing things in this world!
                Linda~~~~

                Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                Comment


                  #9
                  Interesting, Linda. It is a life form and acts as a collective. Ten years!

                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                    Interesting, Linda. It is a life form and acts as a collective. Ten years!

                    ANN
                    Well, this memory woke him up! He can not stop looking it up and finds pictures that reflect his strong memory of it. Thanks. You gave my curious child something to occupy him!
                    Linda~~~~

                    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                    Comment


                      #11
                      That fungus and John’s sound amazing!

                      Agate, can you wear ear plugs or headphones? I wear headphones at public places as certain noises like radios trigger spasticity, It doesnt eliminate the noise, just deadens it.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Sunshine, I could take the hearing aids out and just wear earbuds such as I wear at night while I listen a recorded book while dropping off to sleep. One problem is that I might not hear something I should be hearing though I can't think what that would be unless it's the phone.

                        I have a doorbell that flashes a light when someone presses it. People don't always notice it there and they knock instead. That's what I don't hear. But sooner or later I'll open the door and find any package that may have been left out there.

                        Yes, I'll be doing whatever I can to screen out the noise outdoors. Removing hearing aids is always a good first step.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Man, if I found mold like that in my garden, I would take a shovel, scoop it up, and dump it in the trash!!!

                          I just got up at 3:00. I don't know why I slept so late, but I'll take it!
                          Last edited by Howie; 08-01-2019, 12:15 PM.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #14
                            My sister is coming down tomorrow, and I'll do my usual payday stuff. I SURE miss my car being here. I'll get it back as soon as they get everything fixed. HURRY!!!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Dog vomit mold . . . it creeps . . . and makes decisions but has no brain? Sounds like a horror movie or a description of the current president!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X