Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entirely Offtopic: Amazing Facts About and Experiences Of Me!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rose, I am pretty sure I did hear of him way back, but I get mixed up with Spike Lee (or wasn't there a Spike Lee?). I seem to picture him in my mind.

    At least your Mom thought you had talent. I think it is cute that you curtsied. I am afraid my family only thought my older brother had talent. They started us
    taking piano lessons, but I had to drop out. He was 7 and I was only 4, but he was the oldest and got the most attention. I will admit he was a bit more talented than I was. He sang on the radio (so I am told) along about that time, and later he played the saxophone in the marching band. He still gets his sax out and plays, or did until COVID.

    Agate, I remember Kaye Ballard having a very strong voice when she sang and she did tell jokes. I can't remember them being dirty, but way back then they probably were not.



    s
    Virginia

    Comment


      Linda, I was only joking about John leaving you behind to go work on the space project. What a honor to do something like that. Although I have to admit my husband would have liked the Farmer in him. He grew up on a farm. He and his six brothers and sisters all had to work hard, but they say they had a lot of fun.
      They use to have a lot of fun telling things that happened back then. When they were out of school their Daddy would wake them very, very early in the morning, their Mother would fix a big breakfast for everyone and they would go out and work until lunch, then they would eat a light lunch. That night they had another big dinner.

      I often wondered if my husband had had enough land if he wouldn't have wanted to try his hand at farming, but he didn't have the land.
      Virginia

      Comment


        ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

        Here are the differences between Spike Jones and Spike Lee:

        Spike Jones:

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

        Spike Lee

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

        Spike Jones was a wild and wacky guy. He used a wide variety of objects and instruments for sound effects. As a child, I didn't understand a lot of his skits and references, but just watching him jump around and be silly was entertaining.

        Virginia, I'm not sure whether my mother actually thought I had talent, or if she had stars in her eyes, hoping that I did and would be chosen to be on Spike's show.

        Brian, how are things in space? Pretty soon you'll be arriving on Mars. I hope you packed the right clothing for the weather there.

        Love & Light,



        Rose

        *Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
          ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

          Brian, how are things in space? Pretty soon you'll be arriving on Mars. I hope you packed the right clothing for the weather there.


          *Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
          Thank you for asking, Rose.

          I went back to check on the original travel documents and found, much to my shock, that NASA has seriously overbooked our flight !

          There are 10,932,292 other people aboard this spacecraft.

          That's right...nearly 11 million others. I am starting to think that this is no place for a recluse; Who'd a thunk Mars was gunna be so crowded?

          Given all these folks I expect if we have neglected to bring a particular clothing item it seems likely that we might borrow one.

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

          When the movie, The Martian, came out my daughter asked to see it and she and I went to a theater. She was about 13 years old. We both loved the story but when Mark Whatney was reacting to his injury and circumstances I was mortified by his foul language when he shouted, "F*** ! F*** ! F***!". This is the kind of verbage I gleefully employed in my earlier life as a sailor....but not as a dad!

          Major Tom to ground control...

          Brian

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
          Last edited by RandomThought; 02-03-2021, 07:31 AM. Reason: Adding video documentation !
          *another random thought *

          Comment


            Well, Brian, under the circumstances I'd say it might be a tad challenging to maintain social distancing but these space people are ingenious souls who come up with answers for every problem, seemingly.

            Thanks for posting "Space Oddity" by Chris Hadfield. I like his version better than the David Bowie one. As one of the comments puts it, "Technically this is probably the highest budget music video ever filmed."
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              I can't believe Howie is not up there spinning around in space.
              Virginia

              Comment


                Um, we don't know for sure that he isn't doing just that, Virginia.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  Where is Howie??

                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                    Brian ~

                    According to my understanding from your tickets, you have been in space since July 2020. You're just now finding out that there are 11 million people on board with you? Apparently, this cruise doesn't have restaurants, dining rooms, casinos, discos, swimming pools, or shuffleboard. You must have taken social distancing to an art, or your space craft is much larger than you thought it was.

                    Did you know going in that you were agreeing to colonizing Mars?

                    Safe travels ~

                    Love & Light,



                    Rose

                    *Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
                    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                    Comment


                      You'd be surprised at how roomy it all seems once you have been micro-engraved and loaded aboard ship in two dimensions.

                      I just hope we get a better opportunity to look around after that 7 minutes of terror.

                      Our plan is to Persevere.
                      *another random thought *

                      Comment


                        Two dimensions - you must know those triangles from Flatland!

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                          Two dimensions - you must know those triangles from Flatland!

                          ANN
                          Ah yes...those triangles; we know em. Also, Cathy went to school with Flat Stanley
                          *another random thought *

                          Comment


                            Here he comes to save the day,
                            Mighty Howie is on the way.

                            I've been watching my YouTube movies, but they are always after my Star Treks. There is one more Star Trek that comes on at 12, Star Trek Enterprise. But to do so will require I have another beer. Decisions, decisions.

                            Right now, I just buy beer on payday. I guess to celebrate. I bought a case which will last me through the weekend, then I'm without the rest of the month. So don't think of me as an alcoholic. If I am, then I'm a well controlled alcoholic. :)

                            I went to the store at 7:30, mailed off my bills, and I'm buying to stay put so I make 2 trips to the store each month. I always wear a mask. I'll be glad when things get back to normal, if they ever do.

                            Everyone have a great month, and be safe!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              We all know where Brian is today.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                Looks as if he landed. (Watching this on TV.)
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X