Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Is this a classic yet?

    santabdy.jpg


    Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

    Comment


      #17
      VICKY!!!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #18
        OMG, Gary, I ROFLMAO out loud at your story of the ralphing bus driver (you). That was FUNNY.
        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

        Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

        Comment


          #19
          Way to go, Gary! Those kids will carry that memory for life. You're a legend!
          I'll never forget the time when the family dog barfed on the living room floor while Mom was out grocery shopping and Dad was left in charge. He tried to clean it up, but instead he barfed right on top of the mess. All five of us kids laughed so hard, our stomachs hurt! Mom was not a happy camper when she returned home to that mess.

          Comment


            #20
            Julia (Jo6), you're a long-time BT person, aren't you? In the Chronic Pain forum? Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. I love your suggested use for MRIs. I can't wait to try your method with the huge envelope of MRI pictures that I have gathering dust around here.

            Vicky, I'm so glad I remembered to click on that image you posted.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #21
              Lol@Nuthatch! I don't know why these stories of vomiting are so hilarious, but they are really tickling my funny bone for some reason. I guess we can all relate to how inescapable and violent our reactions to it can be, it's impossible to control.

              Re: MRI's, I still remember how eery it was the first time I saw the MRI image on the technician's computer screen as I left and saw a couple of eyeballs staring back at me. Scary.

              Agate, have you seen this viral image from your neck of the woods? I am so in love with this photo, it captures such a touching moment, a picture CAN be worth more than a 1,000 words!

              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
              Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

              Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

              Comment


                #22
                Happy december, everyone. Glad to see peg posting. Guess we midwesterners are tough. Yeah, im still around. None of the fancy bedsore treatments worked, so we are back to just kee p ing the wound clean and sterile, and hoping it will contonue to heal. It is. Just taking forever. Its been one year ago this month that I first noticed a small sore on my butt and tried to deal with it myself. Stupid me.

                Anyway, not doing any of the new treatments ironically gives me more freedom of movement. Although im supposed to keep off my butt as much as possible, I dont have to be bedbound 20+ hours a day. So when I am up, im sitting on a piece of sheepskin on top of an airfilled cushion. Dont know if any if you know the fairy tale about the princess and the pea, but thats sorta how I feel.

                I already told you this, but dont get shingles, kids! Its been over two months since they first appeared and I still get bouts of intense pain, burning and itching on a saily basis. Not fun.

                So im still here. Big surprise. Didnt think id last this long.
                .
                ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                Comment


                  #23
                  Haven't been here in awhile...just stopped by to say Happy Thanksgiving...even though I'm late (sorry guys). I hope everyone had a really good holiday. Best to all,
                  Whisper Lorraine
                  Last edited by Whisper; 12-02-2014, 04:46 AM.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    SuzEQ, thanks for posting the interesting article with photo--I hadn't seen it.
                    It's a very remarkable story and particularly nice to read about here, where there is a strong current of racism, even though this is known as one of the more progressive cities.

                    Lorraine, it's nice to see you back! I'm sure we'd all welcome an update on what's been going on with you.

                    Cat Dancer, shingles on top of MS and its problems has to be hard to take. I hope you'll be able to get on with enjoying the cats and the dollhouse-building and daily good eating--all of which probably haven't been possible for quite a while for you, or only in a very limited way.

                    You've made really good progress though, seems to me. You're HOME, for one thing, and that must be a great improvement. Is it working out OK? Are you able to get some services you need at home--visiting nurse, for instance?

                    Hope you're still eating and keeping your strength up. It's so encouraging to know that you're not being plowed under by this mess of *%!+&@~ you've been handed.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Cat,have they tried honey on your bedsore? It helped my father in law.

                      For example:
                      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                      Last edited by Sunshine; 12-02-2014, 03:48 PM.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        That really makes sense! Honey itself needs no refrigeration, or processing of any kind. Yet it's not open to infection by any bacteria of any kind. Cat, I would give that a try. Good call BBS1951.
                        Last edited by Howie; 12-03-2014, 07:28 AM.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Cat this is just wrong,, as if we don't have enough to deal with,,us gals from the mid/west, are tuff enough,, we just have limits,,

                          I am doing real good,,both PT and OT were out today,, and they were impressed,,

                          later,,
                          " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                          Peg

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Yeah, I have visiting nurses twice a week, home health care workers twice a wee (they do either bed baths or help with showers), and physical therapists three times a week. Busy around here. Tom cat has been a saint. Changes dressings daily, helps me dress, helps me get to the bathroom, changes the catheter, empties the catheter bags, ajj that stuff youd rather not have to have your spouse do, but remunds me thats part of the "...for worse" in the vows we took 47 years ago, so we deal with it.

                            I have gained some weight, still working on the"good nutrition" part. It is nice being home for sure. Im hoping that now that im not bedbound I can get some strength back and get to transferring myself again, giving both if us a lot more freedom.

                            Anyway, a tough couple of years. Awake right now at 2:30 am when an attack of shinglespain pulled me out of a sound sleep. Treated it, and an waiting for the pain to subside before I try to go back to sleep. Did I tell you not to get shingles???
                            ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Cat, shingles is still bothering after two months? I didn't remember them lasting that long, but that was years ago. Shingles, it's time you leave.
                              TC is a gem.

                              Simple is probably best. Here's to continued healing.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I wish I had the guts to have this as my Christmas to do List.

                                Love, Sally


                                "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X