Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT June Chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Hi All,
    Agate, thanks for info on pedometer. If you are going to be strapped in by that harness Howie showed us, I believe the heat truly has addled your brain. You and Howie are so adventuresome!

    Sally and Peg are usually our resident risk takers. I am not sure why they are not just having a fit to get into that thing.

    Howie, just kidding about your harness. We all love Pinky! We would recognize her anywhere.

    Peg, have you made any of Howie's coleslaw yet? I know you have your own recipe, but just for the rest of us why don't you make some like his. We might could trust you a little more with that recipe. Howie, it might be in the type of Mayo you use. Do you get a certain brand?

    Agate's heat reminded me of ours here on Saturday.

    I attended my Niece's outdoor wedding Saturday. It was a 5 o'clock wedding. My middle brother and wife picked me up. On the way there the gauge in his car said 98 degrees at one time. It dropped down to about 96 degrees. It continued to vary between 94 and 96. What made it so bad was the humidity was just so high. They put me in a little house set back from the lake and where the ceremony was. It was air conditioned. I could see from a distance and if I opened the door and went out for just a minute or two I could hear a lot of it because the minister, and both of them had microphones on.

    I know I might be a little prejudiced, but honestly she was totally beautiful. Her dress was just slightly off white and the lace over it was white. It was perfect for her skin tone. My younger brother almost cried when he was walking her down the aisle. He said he was fine until he spotted Louise, who we all call "Mama Lou". She kept all three of his kids when they were small and he said everything about Erica started coming back.

    It was sad for me because after the ceremony they did the family pictures and I went to where the reception was going to be held. She sent one of her brothers for me, so I could be in the pictures and I had to say I could not go. I am not in one single family picture (or any picture). The one moment that made it worth while for me was when they were trying to fix her bustle (after the train had been removed) I walked in where she was. This was my first close up view of her. When she saw me she started tearing up and of course I did too. She said "I was alright until I saw you", and I said "I was too." She quickly got it back under control and I did too.

    Every niece and nephew that I have was there, but I just felt so out of it and to tell you the truth just kind of lonely. I think it all hit me more after I got home. Her grandmother and grandfather were there. Her grandmother and I are only 3 months apart in age. Someone posted a video of them out on the dance floor shagging to "Carolina Girl". They were still really good. The video is all over facebook.

    Anyway, by me going it meant all of her first cousins, uncles and her one aunt was there, so I hope it was a good thing. It was one of those times that we have talked about when we have said we felt like people did not understand why we were not participating more. I know it is probably just me, but I felt judged by some who were there.

    Jendie, I would hate to feed your dog. That is a big dog. My whole family are dog lovers. My younger brother has two, and the other two brothers have one each. My Niece who just got married has two labs that she has had since she was in college. Her new husband loves them just as much as she does. All of my other Nieces and Nephews have dogs. Some also have cats. So, Howie see we are not really too bad since some have cats in addition to dogs.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #77
      Agate, you would be surprised at how small the inside of Pinky is. It has no back seat, and has a roll cage in it which takes up the little room there is in the back. Plus stereo amps, and fire extinguishers, and there might be a kitchen sink in there somewhere!

      Virginia, don't talk about weddings. I always cry at weddings, and we all know how easy...sniff...I start crying. I did it ONCE! Long story, but short marriage, but not my doings.

      I just had a very painful lesson on taking your meds on time. I have 2 meds I take 3 times a day, one for pain, the other to prevent seizures. (long story) I got up way earlier than usual, which threw my pill schedule off, and I was about to take a nap, and BOOM! I hurt so bad, and felt like a seizure was coming on. I realized what was wrong, took my pills, and all back to normal now. Lesson learned!!!
      Last edited by Howie; 06-06-2016, 01:53 PM.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #78
        Virginia, I'm glad you were able to go to the wedding but can easily understand why you felt remote from some of the parts of it.

        "I've been down so long it looks like up to me" might be said about me--I just assume I'm not going to be part of anything, and when people talking about going to stores and events like weddings and on trips, it's just their world, and I'm in a different one. I can console myself with remembering that I did get around quite a bit in my previous life.

        That kind of thinking may not be helpful at all for you. Maybe no harm in mentioning it though, just in case....

        Anyway, I hope your niece will have a long and happy marriage.

        Agate, you would be surprised at how small the inside of Pinky is. It has no back seat, and has a roll cage in it which takes up the little room there is in the back. Plus stereo amps, and fire extinguishers, and there might be a kitchen sink in there somewhere!
        No, I wouldn't be so surprised. I've seen photos of Pinky. But I also have great faith in Pinky's magic powers, and I just know that you'll want everyone here with their pets to get that ride together. For years I heard that Pinky would never run again, and now it seems she's about to. So miracles can happen.

        But I don't remember hearing about seizures before, Howie. Is that something new?
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #79
          All this talk about DOGS. .....ewwwww.......makin' me ill!!!!!

          This Wednesday will make it six weeks since the surgery. I've been trying to reach the doctor to see just how much and how soon I can move. I keeps leaving messages but get no response. It I don't hear by Thursday -- too bad. I'm getting up, getting out of bed, and SHOWERING. I will be careful, I'll not slide or scootch....but I'm SHOWERING. SO THERE!!!!!.

          And then we'll see what will be next. Long physical rehab, for sure....

          Comment


            #80
            Agate, it started a few years ago, but then I can't really keep track of time which is good. One day at a time, and that's a good way for everyone to live.

            My doctor called them seizures. I always thought of seizures as the falling on the ground, shaking uncontrollably, foaming at the mouth, but it was nothing like that. Hard to describe, but they were VERY unpleasant!

            I had just guessing, 15 that first night from out of the blue! Called my doctor, and saw him right away. The med he prescribed has worked great, no hint of a seizure until today when I was late taking it. That will NEVER happen again!!!


            Oh, and Cat, do what you feel is right. No one knows your body like you do!
            Last edited by Howie; 06-06-2016, 03:12 PM.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #81
              Cat, shame on that doctor for not answering the phone. No holiday just now as an excuse either. Maybe there's an alternate number you have somewhere?

              Howie, that's too bad about the seizures but it sounds as if the medicine works.

              It's SO nice when a medicine works.

              There are many kinds of seizures. Good that your doc was alert to the problem!
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #82
                I like my doctor. He takes his time with you, never acts like there is something more important he has to do, and he really listens to you.

                I did say I had another problem I wasn't even going to mention to him, but I've decided I will tell him, but won't do anything medically about it.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #83
                  Now Cat, come on we like your cats, play fair and pretend you like our dogs (even though I no longer have one). I thought the PT people would be coming to your house and maybe they could contact someone who could tell you just how much, and when you can do something. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do about the bath. You have put up with a lot, but going without a bath should not be one of those things

                  Howie, no more being late with meds for you. Since I have noticed you keeping irregular hours maybe you should alternate the cats with guard duty to make sure you are awake when you need to be. I am glad the medicine is working.

                  Agate, I know what you are saying and I do try always to remember all the things I have done and the places I have had the opportunity to go. I try not to let myself get like that, but there was just something about the whole family being together for the first time in a very long time and me being stuck somewhere else a lot of that time. Personally, I would never plan an outdoor wedding past the middle up to close to the end of May in North Carolina. The weather is just too iffy. Now the middle of this week not only is the temperature coming down but also the humidity. I am very happy for both of them. They go well together and that really is what is important in the end.

                  I TRIED to do Yoga today. I wish my Neuro had never changed me and sent me to a PT. She was really good, but she failed to take my age into consideration. She had me doing 20 squats twice a day, which was too much for my knees. My right knee is still somewhat swollen and at times a little hot, but it has been almost two years since I exercised and I am afraid to put it off any longer. The Yoga had kept my muscles pretty good for the 12 years I did it and then I did what the PT wanted for about 1 1/2 to 2 years. If my knee does not swell more from today I will try to work back into the Yoga as my body allows. I feel sure I will be sore tomorrow. I was unable to do some of the positions, but you have to start somewhere, so I did what I could and hope to do more.

                  Peg, if I recall you went shopping after one infusion. Hope you feel that good again tomorrow.

                  Jeanie, I don't recall seeing Parsi in a little while. Renee was around, I think it was last week.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Virginia, I did yoga years ago. It's such a good low impact way to use your muscles and keep yourself limber. I should do it again, but I'm too "stay at home" these days. Good for you for getting involved!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Virginia, I looked for Parsi and it said she had been here on 06-04-2016 09:51 PM. I guess she just hasn't felt like posting.


                      Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Virginia, that's a lot of squats. I have to do 10 of them a day and they aren't easy.

                        There needs to be a way of easing you into the more difficult yoga routines. Building up gradually?

                        As for renee and Parsi, they were both seen here in the last week or two.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Vicky, where did you get that information? Huh? Where? VICKY IS A SPY...WATCH YOUR BACKS!!!
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #88
                            I guess Joan must be a spy too then, right Howie?


                            Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Vicky AND Agate are spys! TRUST NO ONE!!! Except trustworthy Howie!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Virginia, me a risk taker? I'm a big chicken. Taking LDN was no risk. It's pretty
                                harmless at the low doses. I would not go near any of those same poisons out
                                there. Eeeeeeeeeek.
                                Love, Sally


                                "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X