Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT June Chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Howie View Post
    Isn't that a movie that's coming out? I've seen the words "Me before you".
    Yep. IMDB synopsis says "A girl in a small town forms an unlikely bond with a recently-paralyzed man she's taking care of."

    Sounds halfway interesting!


    Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

    Comment


      ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

      On Child Neurology, we are having a serious discussion about the book/movie "Me Before You."

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...!

      The discussion begins with Post #8.

      We have very strong opinions about the story and its impact on persons with disabilities. Feel free to post your thoughts there if you'd like to do so.

      Love & Light,

      Rose
      Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 06-15-2016, 06:07 PM.
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Frog42 View Post
        We were nuts to buy our house for just the two of us. It's much larger than what we need but here we are. No plans to move anytime soon.

        Looks like we could move right in. Is there an elevator ?
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          Vicky that house would cost millions of dollars here in the city. And by millions, I do mean more than one! I'd love to see the space under the roof. Is that one big open room?

          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

          Comment


            Gee Vicky you just may have a buyer for your house, even if you had not planned to move out.
            Virginia

            Comment


              Ah, no, Virgina. Peter won't leave the city. Our health care is very close by, we only use the car on weekends and we like our neighbors/neighborhood. He wants to stay on the subway line. So here we sit.

              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                Gee Vicky you just may have a buyer for your house, even if you had not planned to move out.
                Or at least an occupant or several even if you had not planned on taking in occupants.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  Maybe this could be where all our forum friends go to have a get together and vacation. Now come on Vicky wouldn't you just love having ALL of us to keep you company for awhile? Howie could bring Sam and Seven.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    Yes! Vicky's bed and breakfast. That would be nice and she has the room(s).

                    ANN
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                      Yes! Vicky's bed and breakfast. That would be nice and she has the room(s).
                      Sam and Seven said they wouldn't mind sharing a room.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        That is so nice of Sam and Seven but I'm sure Vicky will be able to provide a room for each of them. Won't you, Vicky?

                        I knew you would.

                        Cat Dancer has a few cats, and I'm pretty sure Peg has at least one dog, plus her horse of course.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          Vicky seems suddenly to have gone into hiding.

                          Seriously, I hope all is well with Parsi. I don't recall us having heard from her in a while.

                          Another thing is, I don't recall Cat saying how she is doing now and if she got her bath on schedule.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                            Vicky seems suddenly to have gone into hiding.
                            Hiding from Howie in a thong!

                            Not hiding at all, just doing other things. I wasn't home yesterday; went to get new glasses. That took some time.

                            While I was waiting for them to be ready we had lunch at Starbucks. It was good.

                            Had other things to do when I got home. Some days I just don't have time!
                            Last edited by Frog42; 06-16-2016, 12:22 PM.


                            Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                              Vicky that house would cost millions of dollars here in the city. And by millions, I do mean more than one! I'd love to see the space under the roof. Is that one big open room?
                              No elevator. I can close the door to the kitchen but that's it for the first floor. Bedrooms are upstairs and they all have doors.

                              There are a few drawbacks. Heat all comes from radiators. We had central air put in a few years ago and they had trouble with that. Ended up snaking metal coated ducting through the walls. It tore a few times while they were putting it in.

                              It will definitely have an effect on the value.


                              Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                              Comment


                                And the Bed & Breakfast? The one for us and our fur kids? And the attic? Tell me about that.

                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X