Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT June Chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thanks Howie for the German-American info. There is a Germantown, Tn also. It is close to Memphis, Tn. Now you and Vicky are probably "first cousins twice removed" whatever that is.

    Happy Father's Day to all males, both human and fur kind.

    What a beautiful day today. Perfect weather. The temperature must have been around 80 or possibly lower. Humidity was so low that it made the heat index factor, not a factor this evening. I went out to eat with some of the family tonight. One of my brothers does not like to eat outside, but he was there first and had them put two tables together to make a long one. Perfect temperature - so good for MS. We had a good time. Two brothers and their wives were there, one nephew from down near coast, his wife and two daughters were with us. The nine of us made a good group. After eating we walked a couple of doors down and had yogurt - the good ice cream kind.

    Guess that is my outing for this week. I don't think I have anything else on tap. That usually suits me, but with the weather like it is I could stand another day out later this week, however since it will again get hot and humid I will change my mind about that.

    For all who were in on the hot water heater and worrying about it, I will give you something else that can go wrong. My sister-in-law was telling about someone who has a very nice car and when they left work one day this past week there was an awful smell in it. They found out it was a dead mouse, but at that time did not know how they were going to get it out. So then my brother was telling about where he goes to work to help one of his son's out and he kept smelling something and kept telling his son and raising windows and his son who is gone from the building most of the time just said "Oh Dad, it is in your head".
    Finally, they had everything checked. They found 4 snakes - 3 dead and one alive. Three were black snakes and one was a copperhead. They had gotten into the duct work I guess. Anyway just another something for us home owners who think we might smell something well we actually might.

    I hope everyone has a good week.
    Virginia

    Comment


      Gosh Virginia, was that really a car, or a rolling zoo? I've never heard of so many critters inhabiting such a small space. Poor Pinky is out in a garage. I'll have bad dreams about that now!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        Howie, funny you brought that up, driving home I actually thought about Pinky. I wondered what kind of once living things have crawled in, taken up residence and then passed away. Maybe at some point when you are feeling up to it you might want to give her a once over.
        Virginia

        Comment


          :) Hi everyone. Happy Day to all the Dads. My neighbor behind me came over and asked me to have someone trim my back hedges as some of the branches are coming over their wood fence.

          I called Andy as he was planning on coming by after his gym workout about one. He came and brought me coffee and a bagel and a hamburger for Lacy. Using a machete he trimmed it all down several feet and made sure none was going onto their side. I thank God for Andy every day.

          I have been going through papers and getting rid of things that I don't need to keep. Many need shredding. My shredder will not work for some reason. I think I will put them all in a garbage bag and take them to Office Depot and get them all shredded at once.

          I watched ME TV all evening. A lot of the old shows like Lucy and Happy Days and the Love Boat. Jeanie :)

          Comment


            Hi ,,, goodness , short notice, but my neice is flying in from Virginia, and coming to see me,, which is cool,, she reallly is a wonderful girl,,,that means the house needs a cleaning,, hahaha !

            speaking of water heaters going bad,, my wash machine quit ,, then 2 days later the dryer acts up,,we put temporary fixes on them, but I see we are going to have to replace them..:{

            later
            " Don't outsmart your common sense"

            Peg

            Comment


              Have fun Peg!
              Love, Sally


              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






              Comment


                A new washer and dryer could be fun. Some of them are pretty fancy now with all kinds of settings. You might be able to find a dryer that will sort and fold the laundry and put it away for you.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  Being a male, the only thing I fold is bath towels. Why bath towels, I have no idea. Everything else just gets crammed into a drawer. The wrinkles fall out as soon as I put it on. Oh, and I wore my new t-shirt to the store. I felt pretty spiffy!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    I gave up ironing for lent some years ago. One f the few vices I never took up again :) I do hang stuff on hangars,when I pull it out of the dryer, but otherwise, most stuff just gets stuffed.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Uppitycats View Post
                      I gave up ironing for lent some years ago. One f the few vices I never took up again :) I do hang stuff on hangars,when I pull it out of the dryer, but otherwise, most stuff just gets stuffed.
                      Me too!LOL!
                      Love, Sally


                      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                      Comment


                        That makes three of us! When we have new clothes we want to show someone, and they just say "Stuff it", we do!
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          I haven't used an iron in decades. That's old school. A bit rumpled is hip. I agree, new washers & dryers don't even need a manual, they make them so easy to use.

                          My scrapes and marks from my fall down the stairs are still pretty red and ugly looking, I'm wondering if they may actually turn into scars. I got a massive bruise about a week ago when I banged into a piece of furniture, and that's almost all gone. But those scrapes and scratches, etc...still there. Not pretty.

                          Glad you like your tshirt, Howie! I'll bet you and Vicky could come up with your own funny German slogans, you could make and sell your own tshirts! I'll bet that Vicky has the extra room in her house to set up her own little printing press or silk screening business in one of her extra bedrooms! I'm sure you could find some buyers among us, so long as whatever it says in German won't put us at risk for a confrontation with someone who reads German! Agate could help us translate, hopefully!

                          Enjoy your niece's visit, Peg, what a nice surprise!

                          Jeannie, glad you got that hedge trimmed, and you're enjoying the oldies, but goodies. I too, love ME tv! Funny, I've been on a shredding bend too, getting rid of old papers, etc!

                          BBS, so glad you caught a problem before it became a problem! Oh, Virginia, not sure I'll ever feel comfortable in my car again thinking of what may have crawled/slithered in!

                          Cat, hope you're progressing nicely, Agate, hope your last couple physio were productive. Love the tips to incorporate into my own routine!

                          Have a good week, everyone! Hopefully it will be a nice, sunny but cool week for all!

                          #GaryPleaseComeBack
                          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                          Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                          Comment


                            I silk screened for years. I've done things from baseball bats, to Tshirts, to serigraph art. I liked doing that kind of work, a nice outlet for the artist in me. I was doing signs before MS ended my working life. Computer cut and printed vinyl. A graphic design computer is a different animal than this laptop I'm using now. But it introduced my to computers, and now I LIVE on one.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              Hi Peg, good to see you and glad you are having your Niece. That will be a nice change for you and your family. Too bad about the washer and dryer, but Agate came up with the perfect solution of just going and buying new ones that have all the gadgets you can get on them.

                              Cat, I am going to tell my two Methodist sister-in-laws about what they should give up for lent next year. I remember them talking about it this year and it didn't sound like much to me so now they can give up something that they probably don't do much of anyway.

                              Suze those scrapes and marks are hanging around a long time. I hope they begin to go away soon. I wonder if Agate still has any from her fall.

                              Howie, sounds like you are going to enjoy your new T-shirt after all.

                              Jeanie I hope you have a good week and that the weather is not so terribly hot there.

                              Hi Sally, Ann, BBS, Jendie and all others.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                Hi Peg! Sorry about your W & D. I didn't use them!

                                And I also gave up ironing! Peter loves to iron and listen to NPR. If something needs to be ironed, he volunteers like I am doing him a favor.

                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X