Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT June Chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cat, just can't help but say this (otherwise Vicky will) - back then did you by any chance know Howie? Was he one of the ones you helped?

    Actually, if you had that job now the earbuds would make it much simpler for you when you took them out. Well, anyway there is one good use for them.

    Little concerned about Nuthatch. The fires in California are really bad and will probably get worse. I have never been to California so I cannot picture where anything is when they are talking about it on the news.

    Howie, when you make your coleslaw do you use all of one of those bags like they sell in the grocery store of the slaw. I can't remember how many tablespoons of mayo, vinegar and sugar you use. I am thinking of trying your recipe but can't remember you saying if you mix the whole bag at once.

    Ann, if he irons, cooks and helps in other ways who cares about the yard work? He doesn't have time anyway. I thought you lived in a townhouse. Would most of the yard work not be included?
    Virginia

    Comment


      Vicky,, its people like you who makes this world tolerable, for the disabled,, you dun good girl !
      " Don't outsmart your common sense"

      Peg

      Comment


        We live in my single family house on 2 small lots. His house, which we still own, is a small townhouse. Not the red brick ones w 4 or more floors. We keep saying we will sell them both and buy another one but the market hrre is crazy.

        ANN

        Hi Peg!
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          Ann, now I see what you mean. I thought you had said that you all lived next door, and I knew there was a townhouse involved so I just thought they both were townhouses. Still, since Peter seems to do quite a lot it probably would be a good idea to give him a break on the yard work.
          Virginia

          Comment


            And The Cole Slaw king is here to the rescue. Virginia, use the whole bag. At the Food Lion where I shop, they have a regular chopped slaw, and finely cut which is the one I prefer. Southern Style I think it's called.

            It's always 3 tablespoons of everything, and it's important to let it sit after it's mixed together, at least an hour. Then chow down. I have it every meal these days. Give it a try. If I can make it, ANYONE can!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              Thanks Howie, I guess I need to write this down. I sometime just cannot remember things. I am so sure I will that I don't write them down and sure enough I forget again. Yea, this is the kind I like also - the finely chopped. I don't care too much for shredded.
              Virginia

              Comment


                Really hot again today . . . 104 . . . and then the electricity went out this afternoon! Of course it went out just as I was about to give in and turn on the air. Didn't come back on for 4 hours. Needless to say, I turned into a bowl of jelly and still haven't fully recovered. I watched a couple of young bucks wander across the back this afternoon. Poor things were panting in the heat. Had hubby put a ten gallon bucket of water out for them.

                I'm far from the fires, but the fire in Duarte/Bradbury is just blocks from where I grew up and where I used to live when my kids were small. One of my brothers lives there now and he is under mandatory evacuation still tonight. He is in the process of getting a divorce and just accepted an offer on the sale of his house. It is in escrow and hopefully will not burn down! Looks like one fire may be arson. Seems it happens every year, but things are really extra dry after years of drought.

                Keep cool everyone.

                Comment


                  Virginia, just remember, it's equal spoons of each ingredient. You may like it with 4 spoons of everything instead of three. But try 3 to see how it looks after an hour.

                  Nuthatch, far too often in these fires, arson is involved. What happened to this person in their life, to get their jollies by setting fires.

                  I've been up, ran to the store, and have about $5 in quarters to last me until payday. But like I always do, will make it and need for nothing.

                  Everyone have a great day!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    The AC going out is what put me in the hospital last year....Yikes!
                    Love, Sally


                    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                    Comment


                      If my AC goes out, I can always go out to the car and stay cool until I get it fixed, or get another. The same with heat in the Winter if I were to lose power. But Pinky has no AC or heat! Darn hotrod!!!
                      Last edited by Howie; 06-22-2016, 09:49 AM.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        Hi Nuthatch! I miss you and your fauna!

                        Here's some chocolate, good chilled or melted!
                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          I have finished cleaning the junk room, but still need to carry it out to the car, and to the dump. Everything is bundled up and ready to carry out, but then the little "you're tired, don't push things" alarm went off, so I will wait until tomorrow.

                          It took me a while to develop that alarm in my head, but I did. Far too often, I would be feeling good, and push myself too far, and pay the price. I got tired of that, but it taught me a lesson.

                          Such is living with MS.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            :) Hi everyone. Parsi, Renee, Gary, Cherie, a lot of people going AWOL. I did not get up until 1 PM today. I must of slept good as I had some dreams.

                            Jim called me and someone hacked my email and is sending worms? I went online and changed my passwords so they can't keep sending them. They sent it to Jim on his business screen name.

                            I might try Howie's cole slaw. What kind of vinegar do you use?

                            Everyone try to stay cool. It is hot her and I am staying in the AC. Jeanie :)

                            Comment


                              Hi Jeanie, I use the Apple Cider vinegar. I'm not sure if the clear type works as well or not.
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                Let's face it, we're boring!!!
                                Love, Sally


                                "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X