Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT July Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lovely daughter Sally! Yep I did see her with the King. Looks like they were both enjoying their selves. Glad she got to go.

    Howie, I didn't have a choice - they just downloaded mine without asking one night, after sending me a zillion of those messages. I don't think you will have a problem with it. Let's face it, we all now know that if I can work something mechanical anyone can.
    Virginia

    Comment


      Lovely daughter Sally! Yep I did see her with the King. Looks like they were both enjoying their selves. Glad she got to go.

      Howie, I didn't have a choice - they just downloaded mine without asking one night, after sending me a zillion of those messages. I don't think you will have a problem with it. Let's face it, we all now know that if I can work something mechanical anyone can.

      Suze has such confidence in me. She says no one can call on me for computer problems. Guess I've got a reputation now.

      Peg, glad I didn't read your post before they downloaded mine.
      Virginia

      Comment


        I'm having NO trouble with Windows 10. I have my start screen looking so cool. I expanded it to go from edge to edge of my screen. There are a few things different from 8.1, but an OS is an OS.

        Now we can work on a more difficult computer problem....how to keep Virginia from double posting.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          :) Hi everyone. I almost melted today. It was 98 in the shade and I had to park in the sun. Even leaving the windows cracked did not help. When I finished grocery shopping and went to get in the van it must have been 200 inside. I was barely able to get from the scooter to the driver's seat to start the engine.

          When I got home I had a time bringing in the groceries since it was so hot. I forgot to get the sliced sandwich meats to use for Lacy's treats. I've been home for a few hours and I still feel limp. I am going to go to bed early and hope that helps.

          Stay cool everyone. Jeanie :)

          Comment


            Jeanie, I had to laugh. Whenever I go to the store, I buy sliced turkey meat which is only for the cats.

            That is WAY to hot, both in the car, and out. Is there anyway you can get a car with AC? I wouldn't make it to where I was going. I passed out in Pinky one time. A long strange story, but I'm still here.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              Jeanie, I can only echo what Howie said. If you can't get AC for your car, is there a way you could rent a car with AC, maybe for the summer? Or use a taxi with AC? It could make a huge difference in the way you feel--and how much you're able to do.

              There's nothing much hotter than a hot car, IMO.

              Or would you use a grocery delivery service? Do they have Peapod where you are? InstaCart?
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                nuthatch/Joan, those attached images (the dental X rays?) have magically disappeared! Many thanks to whoever or whatever is responsible for fixing the problem!
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  :) Howie and Agate my van is air conditioned but when it has been sitting in the sun it takes it awhile to cool the inside. It had barely gotten cooler by the time I got home in the carport. I try not to go out in the heat of the day but had to today.

                  My house is air conditioned too. My son Andy works outside all day long everyday land surveying for the county. I do not know how he can do it. Jeanie :)

                  Comment


                    Jeanie, something I just discovered the other day. Roll the windows down as soon as you get in. Like you said, it was 100 out, but 200 in the van. Just drive it a minute to get all that super hot air out, then roll the windows up again, and the AC only has to start cooling 100 degrees instead of 200.

                    I ran into the same thing the other day, and thought, "It's cooler out than in, put the windows down long enough to move that super hot air out, then rolled the windows up and let the AC do it's job. Try it!!!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Jeanie Z View Post
                      :) Howie and Agate my van is air conditioned but when it has been sitting in the sun it takes it awhile to cool the inside. It had barely gotten cooler by the time I got home in the carport. I try not to go out in the heat of the day but had to today.

                      My house is air conditioned too. My son Andy works outside all day long everyday land surveying for the county. I do not know how he can do it. Jeanie :)
                      I'm so glad to know you have air conditioning. I can't imagine surviving with MS where you are without AC.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        She's a little upset at gaining so much weight. She still looks great to me!
                        Love, Sally


                        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                        Comment


                          :) Howie driving with the windows doiwn is a good idea. However once I get the ramp out and back the scooter in I am in the 200 degrees and so weak from the heat trying to transfer to the driver's seat to start the engine.

                          Then I have to load the groceries and make the ramp come back in. Only then can I drive with the windows open. I would go to the driver's side and start the engine first, but sitting in the sun to do that is not comfortable either.

                          I have to go out again today. My Verizon cell phone will not work and it says make a payment but pushing buttons on a automated phone did not work. They were supposed to be charging my credit card monthly and I should not have to pay any extra. Nothing I did got me a human.

                          My paper shredder broke and I have a whole bag full of things needing shredding. I will see if Jim can take the bag to his house and shred them for me. Andy is going this evening with his deceased wife's family to the Marlins game in Miami.

                          I am not able to remember much of what y'all post and I hope I don't miss something important that my memory bank does not register. Take care everyone and stay as cool as you can. Jeanie :)

                          Comment


                            Testing to see if the weird picture problem is fixed. I'm posting just one picture of our new little guy. We'll see if any other random attachments come up!
                            everett b&w1.jpg
                            Last edited by nuthatch; 07-29-2016, 02:29 PM. Reason: yay, so far, so good!

                            Comment


                              That looks fine to me that cute little rascal!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                Like you sig quote, Howie! Tell us, what else is in the interesting mind of yours?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X