Yeah Sally, I would think that would be difficult. I guess someone would have to take you out.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OT December Chit Chat
Collapse
X
-
Sally, I used to visit neighbors in nursing homes, and some of the residents were coming and going via the paratransit system or taxis. I don't know how they arranged that with the staff--maybe the staff set up their rides for them?SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
What an exciting afternoon. I did the dump, bank, store routine. When I got home and carried everything in, I checked on Pinky to make sure the battery charger was still on it. It just sends a small charge to it to keep the battery alive.
Everything looked good, so I pulled the garage door down, and the lock is gone. Went back in, looked around the car, nothing. So I took off again, to buy a lock.
Need gas, do that and am going to the hardware store. Closed. Then went to the grocery store, walking and not using the cart, and start running out of steam, so come home.
So I took the lock off of the shed, and put it on the garage. I hope no one will steal my ladder and mower from the shed, but I think I'll go out to the shed, and bring the ladder in the house, and put it in the spare room. It's one of those folds a million ways ladders, and I would hate to lose it.
I still haven't eaten yet, so after the ladder adventure, I'll eat. Does it ever end?
................................................
I made it and only one small injury to my thumb.Last edited by Howie; 12-17-2016, 01:59 PM."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
When I was in the nursing home, I could go to the front desk (or nurses station) and request a paratransit ride. I would have to do that 3 days in advance, but they would then arrange for a wheelchair accessible van to come (within 15 minutes of a set time), take me where I needed to go. Once there, help me out and into the door of the store. Then I would call them when I wanted to return to the nursing home. Cost $5. If Tom Cat was with me, he could ride free. He'd come to visit, park, we'd go out to lunch in the van, return. He wouldn't have to load/unload me. For doctors appointments, they would come sooner, but social things took 3 days advance notice. Worked pretty well.Originally posted by agate View PostSally, I used to visit neighbors in nursing homes, and some of the residents were coming and going via the paratransit system or taxis. I don't know how they arranged that with the staff--maybe the staff set up their rides for them?...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o
Comment
-
Howie, if you don't mind my curiosity, do you really climb up on ladders?
Cat, the paratransit system you describe is a lot like the one I've been using for years. Because of the long waits involved and the tendency to get stuck riding around on the van for a couple of hours while other riders are picked up or dropped off, I use it for necessary trips only. They don't differentiate between medical and nonmedical trips but the system is set up so that they have to provide a ride for you if you give notice of at least one day. I always try to schedule the ride a week ahead, and on the alternative system, which is better but harder to get a ride with, I can call two months in advance. That system doesn't have to find me a ride--and 50% of the time it doesn't but it usually works better than the other one, which is run by the city or county.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Agate, I really do use a ladder, but it scares the H...E...double hockey sticks, out of me. I put that Cool Seal on the entire roof. I didn't mind being on the roof because I used the extension stick hooked to the paint roller so I never got close to the edge.
But getting back on the ladder to climb down was hard to do. I'm scared of heights anyway, so getting back on the ladder to come down was tough, but I did it. Me vewy bwave.
Last edited by Howie; 12-17-2016, 06:00 PM."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
I'm speechless with awe.
I've been up and down a long ladder a couple of times--can't say it was fun but I did do it. That was before MS.
For years I had a tallish stepladder, about 5 rungs, and I used that though I fell off it a few times too. I gave up on that many years ago. It's no longer on the premises. That way I won't get tempted to get on it again.
I do have a two-step stepstool and still use it but I have to pick a day when I'm feeling up to it.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Yes, I have a 2-step, step stool, and these days, that's about as high up as I want to go. Climbing up on the roof was several years ago, and I'm not sure I could, or would want to these days. But that Cool Seal I put on has a long lifespan.
The main reason for getting that ladder was to make sure it was still here. A neighbor borrowed it, and I couldn't remember if he brought it back. But he did. He has a bad heart, and if he never brought it back, and died, I would just count it as a loss instead of asking his wife.
Don't I worry about odd things. OH, and remember the missing shoe that was recovered? Now it's a missing lock. I wasn't in the garage 3 minutes, and managed to misplace that lock. It's just like the missing shoe, where could it be? SAM!!!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Look among Sam's things first.
Maybe this is something everyone has already seen but it was new to me--cats against Christmas trees video but there is an ad first:
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment


Comment