Three cheers for Jeanie! Glad you found your way back!
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OT September Chit Chat
Collapse
X
-
:) This version of AOL does not have my favorites. MY family screen name is the only one I can get on. he only way I can get here is to bring up Agate's email with the link and click on that.
My MS one jmsldr@aol.com I cannot get to and so I have none of those favorite places either and none of the addresses stored there. I just spent an hour trying everything to get one of them to work. Frustrating. I am going to bed as I am so frustrated. Goodnight. Jeanie :)
Comment
-
It's 87 here, and I just finished making pasta. No AC except back here in my bedroom. Boiling water, hot sauce, cooking the ground turkey, and to top it off, I had a mug of hot coffee.
But it will just simmer now, I cleaned the counters up, and have the AC blowing on me on HIGH, as I sip my pink lemonade. That was a tough cooking expedition, but I made it!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Back from my botox shots. I got there at 7:30, as scheduled (after getting up at 5 am to get ready)....but there were delays in the two surgeries before mine (when do doctor start doing this stuff, anyway?)....so I didn't actually get treated until 9:30. My procedure went well...except then apparently the ones after me had some delays...and the doctor hadn't approved my dismissal...so we ended up not getting out of there until 11:30. So TC did indeed take me to lunch. Had a "marguerite pizza" =-- has tomato sauce, basil, fresh mozzarella and mushrooms on it. Good! I'd never had it before, but would probably order it again. :)
Anyway...so we got home at 2. All was good with my insides: they reamed out the bladder getting rid of the debris in there, and did the botox shots. No particular complications, nothing different than previously, no stones (as there was a couple of times ago)....so hopefully all will be well until next time...another 6 months from now.
So now I have leftover pizza for dinner, along with some home-grown cantaloupe from our neighbors garden. Yumm........I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o
Comment
-
There's no way of knowing what doctors are going to do or when, apparently. They pretty much run their own show, but then you wouldn't want one to be rushing through your procedure just so the next patients won't have to wait, and so it just seems to be the way it is.
All a person can do is be prepared to roll with the punches, I guess. You've been through plenty of these ordeals and know you have to stay flexible--and that lunch will be there for you sooner or later!
Maybe life will be more comfortable after the Botox. Hope so!SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I just deleted my MAIL. I will no longer get email. I should have done it long ago. My brother and sister, I talk to on the phone. And spam is the only email I've gotten for a long time.
Then it dawned on me, I don't even need email. When I buy from Amazon, they text my phone and tell me where it is.
So...I'M FREE!!! NO MORE SPAM!!!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Welp, I'll delete your e-mail address then from my contact list.
But isn't your registration to this board tied to a valid e-mail address????
I do wonder how I might reach you, though, if you can't get onto this board but you might be reachable by e-mail. I'd need to call you, and it seems a bit of an intrusion on a person's life to be called by somebody from a message board.
Most e-mail arrangements have a way of deleting spam for you, I think.
I still get many e-mails in a typical day but the spam is all gathered in a folder by itself. I never look at it except to empty it once a year or so. The e-mails I get are all e-mails I more or less signed up for. If I find that some place is sending me more e-mails than I look at, I unsubscribe. Every e-mail I've ever looked into has a way of unsubscribing though you sometimes have to dig a bit to find it.
You seem to be saying you've cancelled your e-mail entirely, not just deleted all of the messages.Last edited by agate; 09-20-2017, 03:48 PM.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Heh.Originally posted by Howie View PostYes, I put it all back so I don't get kicked off my forums. Guess you HAVE to have email. I'M NOT FREE, I'M NOT FREE!!!
Howie, there's a way to get to Mars you could maybe still sign up for. You could probably be free of e-mail there. It's a one-way trip and I'm not sure Sam could go along.
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
This is a couple of years old but gives an idea of what you can expect. The 7-month trip there could be a drag:
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
One detail that's not discussed is there is no way to carry enough food and water to get you there, stay a while, and come back. That would mean both solid and liquid waste would have to be reprocessed into food and water.
Nutrients and vitamins could be added and carried in a powdered form and not take up much room. But you have to have roughage to keep the internal digestive systems functional.
Air I know can be reprocessed in the short missions we have had called scrubbers, that remove carbon dioxide. But O2 has to be added occasionally, and more storage space required.
A trip to Mars will never take place the way we think. We now possess craft that can, and have, made the trip in hours. These craft are considered "black projects" and far beyond top secret.
Everything changed after the UFO crash in Roswell, and the military took it all away, and reverse engineered it, figured out how it worked, built their own, and the rest is the secret history of the World."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Howie, you can forget having enough food and water to come back. You won't be coming back - I think it is meant to be a one way trip.
Maybe some Martians will teach you to enjoy their food. You might have to go to work to get Martian money to pay them for it. But since you and Sam wouldn't have anything else to do (no errands, no forums, etc) you might want to go out and meet your fellow Martians.Virginia
Comment


Comment