Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    But from.then on. No. More.claws
    necessary...they've been helpful, supporting, humrrous.....And my old left-handed kicking in --look later me they're about 12 years old...

    Comment


      So maybe tomorrow, certainly by wednesday,they're going to shipments out of here to a rehab place...built just 2 years ago, 15miles from home...And see if I can regain enough stability to get there.

      I guess there are a few lives left in this old cat...

      Comment


        I did something today I had not planned to do for another couple of years. I bought a new car. My younger daughter told me last year that when she paid off her car in a couple of years she would like mine. Well...hers failed inspection and needs over a thousand dollars of work to get it even close to passing and it has over 200,000miles on it. So she is getting my 2011 Prius with 58,000 miles on it on Friday. She is taking the train down from Boston, I will pick her up, sign it over to her and she will hopefully be back home before her kids get out of school. She says the train ride should give here enough time to write Sunday's sermon (she's an Episcopal priest). I have had cash set aside to buy another car for nearly a year now so went to two dealerships and ended up with a 2018 red Prius Prime Premium which can be fully electric. Posted mileage using electric and hybrid is 133 mpg and 54 mpg using just Hybrid. I got it at dealer cost minus a $3500 rebate from toyota with no trade in and no financing. Plus, since it is electric, we get a $4500 tax credit when we file our 2018 return. Oh...it has heated leather seats! I've never had that and would not have added that feature but I am sure it is lovely. Going to pick it up in the morning.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Catdancer View Post
          So maybe tomorrow, certainly by wednesday,they're going to shipments out of here to a rehab place...built just 2 years ago, 15miles from home...And see if I can regain enough stability to get there.

          I guess there are a few lives left in this old cat...
          Oh my goodness, what a terrible time of it you and TC had! But what a way to get good care out of it! You certainly proved that the squeaky wheel really DOES get greased! Hopefully it wasn't too hard on you emotionally and you and TC are feeling better now that you're getting good care. Good lessons on proper patient management for the young guy!

          That's wonderful that you have a fancy rehab place reasonably near to home that can transition you back once you're discharged.

          Sending lots of healing wishes in your direction!
          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

          Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

          Comment


            Congrats on the new car, Cherie! Always fun to get new wheels, especially knowing you're helping the environment too.

            A Christmas gift to yourself (and to your daughter!)
            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

            Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

            Comment


              Cat, I am glad that you are improving and well enough to go closer to home for rehab. Is that a rehab you’ve been to before? TC will be relieved to have you near.

              Cheri, congratulations on your new car. Kind of you to pass yours on.

              Peter flew to New Orleans today. Since he’s running this training meeting, they gave him a suite w an office, living room, bedroom and two bathrooms. It’s in the French Quarter. I wish I could be there.

              Instead, I went for an annual mammogram. No fun in that. It took all my energy walking around the Brigham.

              I hope the rest of you are well.
              ANN
              Last edited by stillstANNding; 11-26-2018, 06:27 PM.
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                My nephew drives an electric, and took me somewhere. It's so weird riding in it. You run down the road, and all you hear is the tires contacting the road. Then when you stop at a light, it's absolutely silent. They have plenty of power, and good for the environment. I think that is the future of cars.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  Cat, what an ordeal you have been going through. I hope you are on the road to recovery. At least it seems you are working your way closer to home. I wish they would feed at the rehab the way they do in the hospital.

                  I am looking forward to you getting back home and being with your precious cats and with TC of course. ENOUGH OF THIS is what I say!!!
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    Cherie, congratulations on your new car. So glad you were able to get what you want and now your daughter gets what she wants also.

                    I rented a Prius one time when someone hit my car and it was in the shop. I really did enjoy driving it. It just scoots around town. How often will you have to get the battery changed?

                    Ann, so sorry Peter is in New Orleans having fun while you sit at home. Life is just not always fair is it?

                    I went to get hair cut and colored this afternoon, then I went to get some new batteries, then to Whole Foods for a BIG salad and a couple of other things. Yesterday I decided to watch a movie and my roku would not work right. I changed the batteries in it, but today I got new ones the same kind as the ones that came in it. Tonight after doing a little cleaning and eating my salad, I put the new batteries in and lo and behold it just came right on. I was so delighted that I just watched a movie on Amazon Prime right then. Maybe I'll get around to seeing what is on Netflix soon.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      Congratulations on the car deal, Cherie!

                      Catdancer, the rehab place sounds good--if it's new, it just might have all of the latest helpful technology right at their fingertips, right? I hope that the food there is just as good as the hospital's.

                      I can't think why more hospitals don't make a point of serving especially good food. Not cost effective, I'd guess.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        My MIL was confused when she talked to Peter last night. She was convinced it was daytime. She said she didn’t remember it ever being so dark in the daytime. And somehow, she thought Day was night but couldn’t figure out why the TV schedule was so different. Peter had the tenant check on her and she seemed fine except for the day/night thing. She checked her again this morning and she was fine.

                        Peter flew home from New Orleans this AM arriving at 11 AM. He was there just over 12 hours. We went over to his mother’s right away. She made us tea. She announced that she had her days and nights mixed up. She was completely oriented, used both hands, walked and talked fine. Memory was excellent as always. Her face is unaffected.

                        After tea, we got in the car and they brought me home. He’s taking her to TJ’s and to lunch. He’s going to talk to her about a doctor’s appointment. I am concerned this could happen again.

                        I was thinking about sundowning but she was not agitated and does not have any other signs of dementia.

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          Ann, my mom had Alzheimer's. The strangest thing I ever saw her do was a Thanksgiving dinner at my Sister's. Mom put her drinking glass on her plate, and began putting the food on her plate around her glass.

                          My sister went over, and set the glass over where it belonged, and said, "See, now you have more room to put food on your plate". That was the last time I was able to make it to Thanksgiving dinner, but now one of her sons brings me food at Thanksgiving, and at Christmas.

                          That was also Mom's last Thanksgiving as she passed away soon after. She forgot who my sister, who went to see her all the time was, but she never forgot who I was. It's such a sad disease.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            Ann, I am hoping this is a one time thing with your MIL and that nothing further will show up. I am sure that Peter and you will be keeping a close watch to see how she is. At least she knew she had her days and nights mixed up.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              Sometimes as we age odd things just happen, I think, and if they don't keep on happening, we can just ignore them. I'm hoping that that spell of disorientation your MIL had will turn out to be one of those.

                              About 15 years ago I had a scary spell one evening where I lost all short-term memory. It went on for at least an hour, maybe longer, and I don't recall whether things suddenly got better or maybe gradually, but the whole problem went away. It was very unsettling though. I'm glad it never happened again though if I'm tired or have too much going on, my short-term memory is worse than usual.

                              I told my doctor about it later, and she said that if it happened again, she'd like to know about it. The neuro put me through some tests of memory and cognition, and I did well on them.

                              Wonder if your MIL might have been more tired than usual when this confusion came along?
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                It will take me a long time to catch up here on the board. Tomorrow is IVIG all day long, and i dont bring my iPad with me. Too risky.

                                Just bear with me over the next few days.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X