Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Look on the bright side . . . you have hair! My DIL is only 40 and has been coloring her hair for years. When her roots grow a little you can see she is totally grey!
    At 60, my former hairdresser got sick of coloring her hair so she had her head shaved! Her hair grew back thick, curly and all white! It was beautiful, especially on her tan complexion (she was a horse person, outdoorsy type). She had avoided the "slowly going grey" phase. She loved it too.

    Thinking of Ann. Isn't her mom in Philly? Another shooting mess going on there. When does this madness stop?

    Comment


      Nuthatch, I don't think Philly. Maybe closer to Pittsburg I think, but not sure.
      Virginia

      Comment


        It's Philly.

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          My mom's sister was white headed as long as I can remember, and she was a very attractive woman with white hair.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            Some ladies are very attractive with white hair and others are not. I have fair complexion so I don't think I would be. Anyway, I don't know how to get from here to there. I started coloring it when I was still working.

            Now that Agate says Ann is in the Philly area I am concerned that she and her Mom are stressed. I hope they are far away from that area.
            Virginia

            Comment


              Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
              I grew Lemon and Minature White cucumbers. Both are thin skinned and not bitter. I’ll do them
              Both again next year.

              ANN
              Fun, isn’t it?!
              Linda~~~~

              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

              Comment


                The IVIG went very well. As we approached the only access to the highway to go, the entire highway was blocked off. WE thought maybe due to flooding but at night we found out it was shut down becasue of an accaident. ALL DAY LONG. Totally incessant. It wasnt an interstate, So, we had to go all the way around town, adding 20 minutes to the 35 minute drive. Luckily, I alway leave an extra 30 minutes in case the train stops and blocks the road, much to the annoyance of my DH who thinks its unnecessary ...

                Comment


                  Glad the IVIG went well, Sunshine.

                  Mom is doing well. She has had some emotional breakdowns but brief ones. So much happened to her in a short time.

                  The OT evaluated her yesterday and asked her to go on her rounds with her and teach the other patients! Despite that, we had a rocky night and we were up till 5AM.

                  Today my niece comes and I fly home tomorrow afternoon. My brother will come Monday if Mom still needs help. She’s not doing any kitchen stuff or even her own pills yet but will start this afternoon. She has done her bills. And she has started reading books, doing crosswords and drinking coffee. I’m waiting for lipstick. Always a good sign.

                  Yes, Virginia, we are in the Pittsburgh area - about 500 miles from Philly. Thank you for thinking of us, Nuthatch.

                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                    Some ladies are very attractive with white hair and others are not. I have fair complexion so I don't think I would be. Anyway, I don't know how to get from here to there. I started coloring it when I was still working.

                    Now that Agate says Ann is in the Philly area I am concerned that she and her Mom are stressed. I hope they are far away from that area.
                    Actually I didn't know stillstANNding's location. I meant that the violence was in Philly. I'm glad to know she wasn't in Philly.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      I knew it was in Pennsylvania . . . and the town started with a P! Do I get at least one point?? Hahaha
                      Had to laugh when you mentioned the lipstick . . . that was my Mom . . . didn't want to be seen without her lipstick! Bless her heart, she could still apply her lipstick, even being blind and 94 years old.
                      Miss her every day.

                      Comment


                        Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are a little easier to spell than Punxsatawney, for example, and so I'm glad no one thought it was that groundhog's home town.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          Phil is the groundhog's name I believe.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            Yes, that groundhog.


                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              Spent all afternoon with my Niece who drove over from another city to see me. She is very heavy into genealogy and has talked to me many times. My Aunt who I was named after was big into this also and told me a lot of things and she wrote a lot to this Niece. Of course we talked about other things also. This is the oldest of my eight Nieces and Nephews. She is a ball of fire and kind of wears me out after I have been around her for awhile. She told me to tell my two younger brothers not to throw anything away in my house if anything happened to me because she wants to go through all pictures and everything else. It was a nice afternoon. She wants to come back and spend the night and I would love to have her except for the fact that she just wears me out.

                              I am going to run out to get something to eat and pick up my mail which will be the first time since Tuesday.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                I’m home in my own bed. Very happy to be here. Mom had a good day and has two more nights with my niece. Niece will help Mom decide if my brother should come next.

                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X