Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entirely Offtopic: Amazing Facts About and Experiences Of Me!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Ikoiko View Post
    I saw all those things, also.
    Me too! And I saw the Mickey Mouse club every day. I got dressed up each day with my mouse ears and tee shirt and skirt.
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      And Another Thing...

      About fifty years ago much to my surprise I was bitten by a large salamander. I mean besides their prey who knew salamanders bit?

      It bled and left a scar I still carry.

      I'm still a little mad at him/her but having lived a good life I guess I've gotten my revenge.

      Salamander.jpg
      *another random thought *

      Comment


        Is that a photo of your actual salamander, the one who bit you? He does look harmless but then you never know.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          Originally posted by agate View Post
          Is that a photo of your actual salamander, the one who bit you? He does look harmless but then you never know.
          That is a representative photo of a vicious species "Northwestern Salamander" but not the actual perpetrator described. Apparently they live 5-10 years.

          After I tore my bloody knuckle out of the little dickens mouth it likely went on to a long and happy existence free of guilt knowing that in the "picking up" I was really asking for it!

          I my defense....no frog ever bit me and I'd pick up plenty in my childhood.
          Last edited by RandomThought; 01-19-2021, 05:59 PM.
          *another random thought *

          Comment


            And I saw SpongeBob SquarePants. Whoooo Lives in a pineapple under the sea, SpongeBob SquarePants! Some memories are forever.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              How did you manage that, Howie?
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                Held my breath.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Howie View Post
                  Well, let me see if you are a late nighter.....like me!
                  Howie, greetings from Hell's third floor down! Time is 1:36 a.m.

                  Comment


                    RENEE, the world traveling free spirit, good to see you again!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      One of my aunts, who was a librarian, authored a series of gothic/suspense/romance novels in the 1970's. While not my cup of tea, this did result in increasing her family finances in such a fashion as to acquire color tv and wall to wall carpeting!



                      edit to note: I really enjoyed Agate's contribution below (who doesn't like a good math joke?)
                      Last edited by RandomThought; 01-25-2021, 12:16 PM. Reason: who's editing, I'm not editing...
                      *another random thought *

                      Comment


                        What's with these aunts? I had a great-aunt (I never met her but she was legendary) who never married but taught math all her life.

                        She wrote a book too. Its catchy title? "Trigonometry Made Easy."

                        I could borrow a joke from Tom Lehrer here and say it was made into a movie with Brigitte Bardot playing the part of the hypotenuse.

                        I don't recall that the book's sales had much effect on the author's finances though.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by renee View Post
                          Howie, greetings from Hell's third floor down! Time is 1:36 a.m.
                          Oh! That was me last night too! Went to bed at 8 and slept heavily. Woke up at 11 and thought for sure it was morning. Long night...watched a decent movie on Amazon (Madame). Listened to more of a book on audible...thought about getting up and start cleaning...as I said, long night!
                          Linda~~~~

                          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                          Comment


                            I also had a weird night last night. I slept 12 hours, and had to force myself to get up today. It was 3pm when I got up. I did dream heavily, mundane dreams, but better than my awake life. I need to go to bed earlier, especially tonight because tomorrow I plan to go to the store.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              I had a weird night, but it was my fault. I forgot to turn the heat down, went to bed and got under my mountains of cover. I normally sleep in a cool room about 65 degrees. Last night it was 72 and I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me or why I couldn't sleep well. I got up with a very sore throat this morning.

                              However, it didn't cross my mind to get up and clean the house.

                              Edited to add: As much as some of us read on here why do we not have a writer among us? I wouldn't mind making enough
                              money on the side to buy a new color T.V. and get new wall to wall carpet all over the house. I did enough
                              accounting the last 35 years of my working life that I would not want anything I wrote to be about anything
                              to do with numbers. Linda could write about the farmer's market and Agate could write about most anything
                              she chooses because she knows so many words. Random Thought could write about all the things he has seen,
                              including finding babies in the road and Howie could write about all the things Sam does.
                              Last edited by Virginia; 01-25-2021, 05:01 PM.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                That's a good idea to write a book about all the things Sam does, except the book would be two feet thick, and wouldn't fit on most bookshelves.
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                                Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X