Agate,
Thank you for the update on Janith. I vaguely remember her. These things hit a bit close to home.
Suzie-Q..My mother is a published writer and public speaker. She wrote dad's obit and has placed several of her original poems or stories about Dad around the house with photos or things he turned out in the wood shop. Talked with her this afternoon on the phone and she is still trying to get some solitude but there are so many calls and visitors it is making it difficult.
Shot day and got "flu-like symptoms" including 102 temp and ache all over. Could not get warm today. Better now. My doc is getting me in earlier than my February 12th scheduled appointment to see if maybe I am a candidate for Rituxan. He uses that a lot, it is infused so Medicare would pay 100% if it is preapproved, and I only have enough Rebif to go to January 16. The next two deliveries are a $2000 copay then 10 months of $800 copay after that if I stay on that med. At this age, it seems less effective than it used to or the MS is getting a bit more progressive...not sure which. Of course all this stress with My Dad is probably not helping.
:) I do NOT like 2 part Chit Chats!!! We are smart enough to read how many pages we wish to. Important events like Cherie's Dad's passing are on the first one. From now on I will continue to post on the 1st one each month for the whole month. I probably won't even read part 2 ones.
I bought a rear view back up camera for my van today. It replaces the rear view mirror and engages when the van goes in reverse. I will get my mechanic to install it. Jeanie :)
:) It is the 2nd anniversary of my .Mother's death. I miss her so much
My car insurance went up $400.00 a year because weeks ago I backed into a jerk black teen with a rusty 14 year old car who got a lawyer and claimed whiplash. I was going only about 2 miles an hour backing out of the handicap space and he was illegally parked behind me. So I bought a back up camera for my van and had my mechanic install it today. It works good.
Today is the 2nd anniversary of my precious Mother's death. She was one of the most giving and caring people I knew, loving everyone, as well as animals of all kinds. She was gentle but strong, guiding her children and grand children in the ways of God, even when they didn't want that guidance! I hope I can be like you when I grow up! I know you continue to pray for me and mine, as you always did. I thank God I had you in my life as long as I did. Miss you, Mother!
Mother had a lengthy prayer list and I pray for all of them every night too in addition to my list including all of you.
:) Cherie I am so sorry you lost your friend so close to losing your Dad. The holidays are a little sad when our close ones are gone. I will be grateful when they are past. Take good care of you as you have had a lot on your plate lately. Merry Christmas. Jeanie :)
Jeanie, I have mixed feelings on the Part 1 and Part 2 monthly chats.
How much is this rear view camera? I had an $850 collision midnight crunch in july with
my neighbors' car which was 3 feet into my handicapped space. She's far to nice to
ticket and tow, my insurance was very new so I paid out of pocket.
Might be worth the camera. I'd love a smaller car but haven't figure out
the wheelchair. The topper transport doesn't work for someone in a cold climate
with no garage.
Peace and a full heart to all.
Last edited by renee; 12-20-2014, 11:43 PM.
Reason: cuz.
I agree...two chit chats in a month are cumbersome. So much can be lost that is important. You read and post as you try and catch up when away for a few days as I was.
If anyone remembers Martin Hampton (CPA) I have his last known address if you wish to send a card to the family. PM me and I will give you the address.
:) Hi all. Renee I got the back up camera at Pep Boys. 2 models but I got the one that is in the rear view mirror. The camera is mounted on your tag and it sends the signal to the mirror through the air but a part does go into the cigarette lighter and it is attached to the back up lights on the car. When you shift to reverse it comes on. It was $140 and my mechanic charged $205 to install it. Because of my ramp system switches the other model that has a separate screen you mount somewhere would not work but it has a larger screen than the one on the mirror that is about a two inch square.
My insurance went up $400 a year after that small dent at 5 miles an hour. A black teen with a rusty 14 year old car and he got a lawyer and claimed whiplash and 1900. damages to his car. If I avoid one wreck it will have paid for itself.
Cherie If I knew this gentleman I do not remember him but thank you for posting about him. I also am glad someone else prefers only one Chit Chat a month.
My family are all coming on Christmas Eve to my house for dinner and gift exchange. I gave Andy the money and he is getting ham, potatoes, etc and cooking and bringing the food here. Jamie has gone back to her Jehovah's Witness religion and says she is not supposed to celebrate Christmas. I am going to give her the same stocking and money I give everyone and she can call it a daughter in law gift.
Our weather has been springlike but we are supposed to get a cold front Christmas day. All of you are in my prayers. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Jeanie :)
: :) Peg would you please stop putting a second Chit Chat up in a month. We lose continuity when you do that. Please?
I hope you are all ready for Christmas and will have a wonderful day. We will get a cold front early AM so it will feel more like Christmas. I really miss my dog on Christmas as he liked the Christmas family get together, as they all gave him attention.
I am hoping the new year will be better than this year has been. So many things still need doing around here and my sons just do not have enough spare time. I am thinking of finding a handyman and having some of the things done so they do not feel overwhelmed. David has the 14x10 foot building loaded to the gills with auto and motorcycle parts and yard tools, etc.
He has a Winnebago bathtub in there that is about 4x4 and is at least 10 inches deep with nuts and bolts of all sizes and too heavy to move. I have had Jim shovel a small box full several times and call my metal recycling friend and she come and gets them. I'd like to have that all empty and out of there so my hurricane shutters which are plywood can go in there instead of being up under the house overhang.
Also all the auto parts and motorcycle parts from the 30 or so cars and bikes David restored are in there too. I think most of those are not good and can be disposed of. I have trouble getting out to the building and it is very hot in it so I have not done any of it.
Everyone drive safely and enjoy your holidays. Jeanie :)
Last edited by Jeanie Z; 12-22-2014, 06:54 AM.
Reason: typo
:) Howie I think the SS checks will be sent out on the same day that they are sent out now. I did not see anything about changing when they would go out. I won't answer in a Chit Chat 11 thread from now on. Jeanie :)
I usually get my check on the third. But the third is a Saturday. Then New years eve, and New years are Wednesday, and Thursday. So it seems they will have one day, Friday to get all those checks out. I wish them luck, and if they fail, I'm sending my cats up there, and they won't have had their Whisker Lickin's.
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
:) I have always received mine on the third Wednesday of each month. David used to get his on the second Wednesday of the month. Neither of us ever had a date of the 3rd.
I am in the process of putting the stockings together for tomorrow nights family dinner. Jeanie :)
Comment