Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT June Chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Sally, I've had MS for 18 years, and never taken any of the meds for it except Solumedrol twice when I was having exacerbations. When they come up with a cure, THEN I'll take some of that please.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #92
      Spy? Anyone can look up when a person was here last--so long as that person hasn't chosen to be in invisible mode.

      Just go to the person's user name and click on the Profile. Under "General Information" you'll find "Last Activity." There you'll find the date of that person's last activity--even if the "activity" was just checking in but not posting.

      I'm not a spy. I'm not even an operative.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #93
        Howie, I'm glad you decided to share your medical situation with your doctor. It's always your choice to actively address it or not, but sometimes we don't even know all of our options. Knowledge can be helpful, and your doc has that. It may also help him to treat you in other areas if he knows. Good for you for choosing to take that step.

        Virginia, I'm glad you had that moment with your niece. It will be a wonderful memory.

        We can focus on only the good, or appreciate our past. But it's also ok to feel sorry for ourselves sometimes too. We got a bum rap. I wish things were different too. Not fair.

        Jeanie, you have such a wonderful son. I hope he's doing ok with his loss. You raised a good, thoughtful boy.

        Agate, Virginia, you are both motivating me to get my butt in gear and try harder. I'm impressed! I haven't seen a squat since I dropped a piece of chocolate and needed to pick it up.

        Cat, good luck with your next phase, I know you'll work hard. Hope your doc apologizes when you finally get a hold of him, unprofessional!
        Last edited by SuzE-Q; 06-06-2016, 08:02 PM.
        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

        Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

        Comment


          #94
          Howie, no matter what Agate and Vicky say I am with you- think they are big time SPYS! Maybe they are dangerous and we will need to watch them. I think they possibly know too much! Send cats in immediately, if not sooner!

          I have put Voltaren on my knee twice tonight. Will see what it is like tomorrow. I want to do Yoga again so badly. Howie, I do it here at home to a tape that an instructor got for me. She had MS, but was in remission. However, she still knew what it was like so it is a very gentle exercises, but kept me more limber and a little stronger. We will see tomorrow.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #95
            Virginia, way ahead of you. The cats infiltrated that Vicky and Agate gang days ago, and boy have they found out some things. It made me blush. I'll fill you in as soon as they return from their latest mission. Until then, meow's the word.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #96
              Ah, look at them sleep. Like a house full of quiet babies. Then comes wake-up time, and feeding time, and diaper time, then....you get the picture. Moms sure have it easy!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #97
                Yikes, temps rising to the 90s this weekend. Save me Lord!!!
                Other than that, I'd rather be in Alaska !!!

                Wishing you all well and better!!
                Love, Sally


                "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                Comment


                  #98
                  Sally, you're not going to tell me that the place you're in has no AC???

                  FANS???

                  Midwest heat is brutal. East coast heat is brutal too.

                  Portland, OR, has a few brutal summer days too, just to remind those of us transplants from other parts of the country what we've been missing. We've just had a couple of those little reminders in the last couple of days. It was 100' and 98' but today it might be down to 89' and cooling off for the rest of the week.

                  Without the AC I'd be a little puddle on the floor.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by Howie View Post
                    Ah, look at them sleep. Like a house full of quiet babies. Then comes wake-up time, and feeding time, and diaper time, then....you get the picture. Moms sure have it easy!
                    You put diapers on those poor kitties, huh?


                    Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                    Comment


                      It ends up the diapers are cheaper than litter, and easier to change!
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        We all know the wiring in my brain is "messed up". One thing I really hate is when I drink coffee, I get sleepy. I'm working on my second mug right now. Why do I do it? Because I love coffee, and more to the point, I love the flavored creamers. French Vanilla is my favorite.

                        Is anyone else a coffee drinker, and do you cream and sugar, or the flavored creamers, or just black?
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Howie View Post
                          It ends up the diapers are cheaper than litter, and easier to change!
                          I always used the clumping litter and just scooped it out. MY cats were worth the extra expense!


                          Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                          Comment


                            My cats too. Nothing but the best for those coddled darlings.

                            Well, they did keep an eye on the place if I was out. They often would let me know if something was going wrong, either with them or some extraordinary noise or sight.

                            If it was something going on outside, I was easily alerted because the resident cat would race pellmell to the windows, darting from one window to another sometimes, and in that pellmell race would thunder right over me as if I was just another piece of furniture.

                            I often thought that to them I was another piece of furniture, maybe a bit handier than most furniture because I could also dish out food and clean litter boxes. Otherwise I was moderately useless in their opinion and sometimes in their way.

                            They did like the occasional lap to sit in but a couple of them had no use for laps either.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              Actually, that's what I use too. Wouldn't it be nice if you were the person who had invented it? Their cats litter boxes and food and water bowls are probably solid gold!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                [QUOTE=agate;53228]If it was something going on outside, I was easily alerted because the resident cat would race pellmell to the windows, darting from one window to another sometimes, and in that pellmell race would thunder right over me as if I was just another piece of furniture.

                                Agate, you can't use "pellmell" twice in the same paragraph! It's too fast!
                                ANN
                                Last edited by stillstANNding; 06-07-2016, 10:40 AM.
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X