Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT July Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    New babies is awe inspiring to me. They have their entire lives ahead. I hope that it will be a world where they can be happy, and bring up ANOTHER generation. It makes me dizzy to try to put in perspective.

    And Virginia, I did go online looking for BIG coffee mugs. They do make huge ones like I want. My next purchase!
    Last edited by Howie; 07-03-2016, 07:34 PM.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #77
      nuthatch, congratulations on your anniversary--and on the new grandchild!

      I'm not sure how that attachment photo got into your post either. Maybe you should contact the admin here about it. It might be something happening that shouldn't be happening.

      Virginia, if you're saying that you don't know about clearing the cache, it's a way of ridding your Internet browser of all of the temporary files it no longer needs. It speeds up your Internet considerably--until you need to clear it again. I try to remember to clear the cache every week or so. Please let me know if you'd like more details. It would be easiest if you have Google Chrome as your browser but I used to do this with Internet Explorer as well.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #78
        Nuthatch,, wonderful news on the anniversary, and grandbaby,,,, enjoy,,

        picnic get together today,,another one tomorrow, then fireworks,, I am so not into fireworks,,,

        have a good 4th,,, ""BOOM'' !!
        " Don't outsmart your common sense"

        Peg

        Comment


          #79
          Happy July 4th to all!

          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #80
            Congratulations on your anniversary! May you enjoy many more!

            Comment


              #81
              Happy 4th!



              Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

              Comment


                #82
                Wow, beautiful cake! I don't have the patience to do something like that.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Neither do I but I wish I did. We're having store bought strawberry cake which we'll throw a few blueberries on for dessert.

                  We're staying at home and Lenny's grilling store bought Tequila Lime Chicken Skewers for dinner.

                  It's just the two of us so I wouldn't get a cake that big anyway.


                  Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                  Comment


                    #84
                    You could invite the cats and me. They love anything grilled, and they like cake too!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #85
                      Happy days Nuthatch, and congrats.!
                      Love, Sally


                      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                      Comment


                        #86
                        Now for this NEWSFLASH:

                        ANOTHER PERSON WITH MS DOES SOMETHING USEFUL

                        Agate Plaggett of Portland OR used to translate Russian for a living but for years there hasn't been much work because multiple sclerosis has slowed her down. So she's been sitting at home most of the time wondering if she could ever do anything useful besides crochet hats for people who need them.

                        But the other day one of her Russian neighbors came to her door in the apartment building she lives in. The neighbor speaks almost no English and wanted to know about a document she had received from the building manager.

                        It was a move-out form, which a tenant who is leaving has to fill out, giving an address where a security deposit refund can be sent after the tenant moves out.

                        Agate Plaggett's dictionaries were handy by the front door. She looked up a couple of words and was able to tell the neighbor what information was wanted. The neighbor happened to have the address handy (she's moving to Canada), and so Agate Plaggett filled that in for her.

                        The hardest thing about this episode was copying the Canadian address right, Plaggett said when interviewed. No money changed hands. The neighbor's grateful smile was more than enough of a payment, Plaggett said.

                        --This has been a heart-warming saga for those people with MS who don't believe that disabled doesn't mean unable.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Agate, you are not only useful you are also smart. By the way, that is what I was talking about on my computer. I use Internet Explorer as my browser. However, I also have Google Chrome set up and can go into it, but rarely do.

                          Vicky, love the look of that cake, however it made me want some cake and I don't have any.

                          Howie, when you get a bigger mug you are going to have to keep reheating your coffee in the microwave or it will get very cold. Reheated coffee is not as good!!!! MEN!! They just don't understand these things.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Virginia, here's how to clear the cache in Google Chrome. Internet Explorer has something very similar but it's called something else, maybe "Remove temporary Internet files"?

                            On the far right of the screen in Google Chrome, find Settings and click on it.

                            Go to the very bottom of that Settings page and click on Show advanced settings.


                            On that screen, find Privacy, click on it and then on Clear browsing data. You'll probably want to keep those settings the way they are, without making changes, but later you might want to find out more about them.

                            After you've clicked on Clear browsing data, you'll see a little circle going around and around. When it stops circling, the job is done. Sometimes it takes only a few seconds but if you haven't done this in a while, it might take much longer.

                            Doing this has solved any number of problems for me. It's one of the first things I do when the Internet isn't working right.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Well, as much coffee as I drink, I'm thinking of just running an IV from the coffee pot to me. It wouldn't taste as good, but oh what a kick it would have!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                #90
                                I'm the same way about Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke. They're my caffeine fix. Without them I droop groggily and doze off all too easily.

                                I've decided that a spigot in the wall would work best for me. I'd turn it, or press a button, and there'd be this all-important liquid whenever I wanted it. No more shopping for it. No more opening bottles. Not sure who would keep the thing filled at all times though.

                                I'm thinking that if I took a brass lamp and rubbed it, there might be a genie appearing who could see to this.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X