I'm so sorry, Peg, Joe, and the rest of your family. It's been so difficult for you. Take care.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OT October Chit Chat
Collapse
X
-
Good morning all!
I'm up early because.....I never went to sleep last night. I did try several times, but nada. But I did get to see two Sea Hunt, back to back. I have the whole box set, and could watch them anytime I want, but watching it at 4am instead of sleeping just shows you what a bad boy I am!
The cats got their sliced, oven roasted, white turkey, just a while ago, and now we are all on my bed "resting" after that big snack.
It's starting to cool, so I covered up the AC yesterday. I haven't needed the heat yet, but it won't be long. And Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, and the new year rolls in. Life just keeps rolling on by, if you want it to, or not.
Everyone have a great day!"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
(waving)
Maybe people are observing Columbus Day, which used to be on the 12th but it's one of the Monday holidays and so it's on the 10th this year.
I was looking forward to the mail delivery but there won't be one.
You have to love those ads and bills that come in the mail.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I use those to spread out on the floor when I touchup something with spray paint. Finish, ball it up, and into the trash. It's much easier to ball up and throw away than the carpet.
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Are you often touching up things with spray paint? This is almost as impressive as Lazarus at the farmer's market.
They supposedly painted this place before I moved in but they missed a few places. For 7 years I've been wishing I had some matching paint just to touch up those spots. Recently a neighbor who has more nerve than I do helped herself to some paint from a discarded paint can after one of the apartments had been repainted. They all get painted the same eggshell color.
She gave me a small container of the paint and I was overjoyed. I had to wait until I felt steady enough and I had no paintbrush but I used a cotton swab and covered the spots. Did an OK job if I do say so.
There's paint left over, and I have it all sealed up and stored in case I need to use it later.
But spray painting for touchups would be beyond me.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I've always spray painted. Car parts were a big part of it. I've built hundreds of model cars. They used to be everything was white plastic, and you painted everything before you put it together.
Mom taught me everything goes on news paper before you spray paint, and do it in the garage. I guess she didn't want to carry carpet out to the trash either!
Last edited by Howie; 10-10-2016, 05:42 PM."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
The Shur-Line touch up painter sounds like it would work well and it's inexpensive. This will show you what it's like but it's cheaper at Walmart or Target.
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz
Comment
-
Peter had the holiday off so we slept in. We needed to go to the Apple store because we each have a problem. He can't remember his password and gets in an endless loop. He called and they said that there was extra security on his laptop- probably because he got his own pw for his Apple acct wrong so many times!
My phone will "talk" to my computer as far as photos are concerned but won't allow music to move from one to the other. I asked Peter to help and now it is worse. He thinks he may have "renamed something."
The Apple store told us to just walk in after 6PM. We did and they told us that they can't help us until next Tuesday! Next Tuesday we will be in PA w Mom.
We came home and he made us a salmon dinner w carrots and potatoes. Very tasty.
You win some, you lose some.
ANNLast edited by stillstANNding; 10-10-2016, 07:16 PM.There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK
Comment
-
I saw this online and thought I would pass it on.
Commonly prescribed drugs can cause very strange side effects.
Prescription drugs are a mixed blessing. Millions of people rely on them to alleviate life-threatening or disruptive conditions. However, the chemical combinations within the drugs can cause bizarre and sometimes damaging side effects. Below are some of the strangest examples:
Vanishing fingerprints
A few years back, U.S. immigration authorities held a Singapore man for hours after finding out he had no fingerprints. Turns out, according to CNN, he was taking a chemotherapy drug called capecitabine (Xeloda). Fingerprints reportedly disappear as the skin peels in reaction to the drug.
Forgetfulness
In the movies, amnesia (loss of memory) usually happens after a violent knock to the head. In medicine, however, short-term memory loss can also happen after taking certain medications. Some types of drugs blamed for this side effect include tranquilizers and sleeping pills.
Lost sense of smell
There have been some reports of patients completely losing the ability to smell (called anosmia) as a side effect of interferons, which are commonly used to treat hepatitis, leukemia and multiple sclerosis. One patient in Croatia stopped detecting scent just two weeks after taking the medication for the first time. Even 13 months after stopping the treatment, he still couldn't smell a thing.
Vegas, baby, Vegas
Using ropinirole (Requip) to treat restless legs syndrome or Parkinson's disease could lead to compulsive gambling and sex, according to its maker, GlaxoSmithKline. "Patients should inform their physician if they experience new or increased gambling urges, increased sexual urges or other intense urges while taking Requip," the drugmaker's product information states.
Midnight munchies
The sleeping pill zolpidem (Ambien) pops up in association with strange nocturnal side effects, including sleep-eating, sleep-cooking — even driving while asleep. Doctors are still searching for the cause, spurred by patients who worry about safety. "These people are hell-bent to eat," said Dr. Mark Mahowald, director of the Minnesota Regional Sleep Disorders Center, in a 2006 New York Times piece.
Hallucinations
Mefloquine is an agent that fights malaria, but one that comes with a steep price. Patients have complained of hallucinations and even suicide attempts while taking the drug. In 2009, CBS News reported that Lariam — a drug containing mefloquine — generated more than 3,000 reports of patients with psychiatric problems.
Blue urine
Blue is a rare color in nature, which makes it startling when it appears in toilet wastewater. Several drugs can cause blue urine, including the antidepressant amitriptyline, the painkiller indomethacin (Indocin) and the anesthetic propofol (Diprivan). The blue color comes from artificial colors in these drugs."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
This looks really neat--a bit like some of the roll-on glues I've seen maybe?Originally posted by Frog42 View PostThe Shur-Line touch up painter sounds like it would work well and it's inexpensive. This will show you what it's like but it's cheaper at Walmart or Target.
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
Never tried spray painting but I'm very familiar with brushes and rollers, dropcloths and masking tape.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I have a large selection of spray paints. Gloss, semi gloss, and flat. All of different colors. I even found one that's a perfect match for Pinky. It's called Watermelon.
And I have spray adhesive. I used that for redoing about half of Pinky's interior and carpet.
Need anything sprayed?
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment

Comment