Ann, just more proof that you have a very good man - to take toilet paper on the subway! But then we already knew you did.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OT December Chit Chat
Collapse
X
-
I can't get them either, I just checked.
Adding...... Where I live is in the sticks, and you never really see what could be called a town. It has a post office not far from here, but it's a lone building on a country road.
Yeeeeeeee haw, I'z a hillbilly!!!
Last edited by Howie; 12-20-2016, 11:06 AM."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Hi Howie,Originally posted by Howie View PostCat, I assume they don't want you to take the cart out to your car is it wears the battery down. There is a slight incline to the parking lot, and they want the batteries to last as long as possible.
I know everyone may not be able to, but if the cart is running slow, or the light on it is starting to flicker, I always plug it in to start charging for the next user. And I've noticed most users come really early to avoid crowds.
I shop at Food Lion, but have heard of Peapod, and it was always good things said about them. If all else failed, my sister or my nephew would take me shopping, but I just wouldn't impose on them. So it's good to know there are other options.
I have been using Peapod for a couple of months. I love it. Everything they bring me is good quality and the website is easy to use. I am so happy with it that I can not speak highly enough of it.
Oops...just read your post that you can't get Peapod. Too bad.☔️Last edited by Lazarus; 12-20-2016, 03:24 PM.Linda~~~~
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..
Comment
-
They might very well do that before long. I've keeping an eye on Peapod for some years now and they do indeed seem to be expanding.
Another one is Instacart, which is in my area but I haven't actually used it though I did set up an order once or twice--just never got around to finishing the process.
Howie, it looks as if Instacart isn't in your area yet either. Your best bet might be finding a local person who'd like to make a few dollars doing some errands for you sometimes.
Years ago my mother was living in a smaller community without much in the way of social services that I know of, and when she had to have at-home help after a fall, somehow we lined up a couple of young people from a local commune, and they worked out fine.
I can't recall how we found them, unfortunately. Word of mouth maybe or an ad somewhere?
Is there a chapter of the MS Society somewhere nearby? I'd definitely contact them and ask what kind of services they can provide--or know about. They may not provide any but they seem equipped to put you in touch with agencies or people who can help. Or at least in recent years that's been my impression of them. There was a time when they weren't doing much at all except supporting research, but I think that now they're recognized that there's a big need out there and they're trying to help.
And you do have MS, with an MRI to prove it, as everyone here can testify....Last edited by agate; 12-20-2016, 04:41 PM.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
A strange story with a happy ending.
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register..."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
I'm glad my cats didn't see that. Seven would say she's not fat, that her fur is just matted, and Sam would say it was dreadlocks, and she wants to move to Jamaica.
Being a cat daddy isn't an easy life."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Every county should have a department on aging and disability (a federal mandate, I believe). They should be able to tell you what, if any, services are available locally. Even if the county building isn't in your town, they should still have links to resources in your area, if any are available.
I think Howie, like me, lives in a very rural area. There is little available here...some transportation if ordered well in advance, but little else. I already talked about the accommodating grocery store, but that's not mandated by anybody but merely their choice. Otherwise, services like Peapod aren't available. Schwanns, a food service, does have a route around here (I've seen their trucks), but their food (meals) is way expensive....I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o
Comment
-
:) Andy came today and brought in my garbage can and recycle bins. Then he wiped down everything in the kitchen and the bathroom. Then he mopped my whole house. He used Pine Sol to mop and it smells good now. We made a grocery list for Friday for the family get together.
I have the stocking stuff ready with the exception of forgetting to get 6 oranges. Maybe tomorrow. Also i want to wipe all the wood furniture with furniture polish. We decided we were going to get out the good china and serving pieces and put a card table next to the round table and a table cloth and have everyone serve their plate in the kitchen and sit together at the table.
Andy's menu is roasted chicken, Boar's Head turkey and ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, pickles, olives, ambrosia, rolls, pumpkin and pecan pies and eggnog. It makes me hungry just writing it down.
My ex's lady is a Jehovah Witness so they do not usually celebrate Christmas, but I am making her a stocking too. I sent the kids their checks that are usually in the stockings early as I do not want to put checks for my ex and his lady.
Their train arrives Friday between 4:30 and 5:30 and they will come straight here. Jim, Carla and Matt will cone then.
Andy plans to wash the front windows Friday and we go shopping and set everything up then wait for all to be here. I will try to find my casette player so we can have Christmas music. I am looking forward to it now. I wish all of you could be here for this. Jeanie :)





Comment
-
I wish we could be with you too Jeanie. We would have a Merry Christmas just getting to know your two gems - Andy and Jim. I hope everything goes great and everyone gets along real well.
I guess that is what I should be wishing for my family since we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum this year, and that also applies to what has been going on in our State Assembly. What a mess!Virginia
Comment
-
But what about poor Howie? Spending Christmas with these two cats, one of which has driven me nuts today. (Seven) I made the mistake of giving them turkey today, which I do everyday.
But today because I'm almost out of turkey, gave then only half a slice. they knew that wasn't the normal amount. So all day long, every time I got up, Seven got up and started begging for turkey.
Get up to go to the bathroom, get up to turn the heat up or down, get up to stretch my legs, and the begging began. ALL DAY LONG!!!
So now, FINALLY, they are on the bed, snoozing away. And cat daddy has been drinking coffee all day, will stay up and watch Sea Hunt at 4:00. I have the whole series on DVD, so I have to be crazy, huh?
Well if you had a cat begging you, and following you all day long, you would be crazy too. Sleep tight all!
Seven, I'm not going anywhere, I was just raising up to fart, now go to sleep!!!"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment


Comment