Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Howie, have you ever tried taking a good look in the mirror when the double vision is happening in one eye? Sometimes when my vision is going bad (blurry mainly), I've looked in the mirror and found my left eye is off center. It affects vision when that happens, I think. An eye muscle that's supposed to align the eyes isn't working right, or at least that's one explanation I've heard.

    Virginia, I'm glad you played on your iPhone. I wish I could think of my smartphone as something I can play on but so far I'm just happy if it works halfway decently as a phone without any new problems.

    The other day I was waiting for transportation and took the phone out to call the paratransit people--and I could no longer see the display on the screen at all well. I was in the wrong light for it. I finally did get the call to go through but it was after wrestling with the phone and holding it up and down and sideways until I could see the display.

    When I got home, I consulted my Androids for Dummies book and found that there was a setting I could change. So I did that.

    There always seems to be a setting I need to change....
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #77
      Agate, what was the setting you changed?

      Howie and Virginia, I am sorry you are feeling a little low this past week. Is it the heat flaring your symptoms up, or does it seem like a flare unrelated to other illness or heat...

      Comment


        #78
        Agate, it doesn't matter, I'm getting used to it by now.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
          Agate, what was the setting you changed?

          ...
          I went to the Settings app, then Display, then Brightness Level and turned on the master control to Adaptive (or Automatic) Brightness or whatever it was called. You can either adjust the Brightness Level by pushing the slider or you can ask the device to adjust it for you automatically. I'm trusting the device to know what it's doing.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #80
            Sunshine, it has been cool here for many days. So, not a cause of my MS symptoms. It is different from what I have been having and that always scares me. Also, it has been going on for a couple of weeks. I just didn't say anything.

            Agate, I can do quite a bit on my phone now, but the one thing I have been unable to do is to get this forum adjusted correctly. I have been able to get it where I wanted it a few times, but then I was unable to save it to my icons. One day when I am feeling better I will go into U-tube and try to find out if there are answers there. Of course, while I do quite a bit there is a lot I cannot do, but they are things I have no interest in anyway.

            Slowly, but surely I am getting my contacts put in. That will do away with a lot of yellow stickies that were on my desk for service people. Yah for that! If they don't work out I can delete them from my phone, but until I used all of them I couldn't figure out how to get them off my desk.

            I cancelled out of my dinner date with family tonight. Just did not feel like it.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #81
              Virginia, I'd be surprised if you could save this board to your icons but all I know about is the iPad and my Android-type of smartphone. I do know that icons are icons, and this board (or any board) probably wouldn't have an icon because it's viewable only with a Web browser like Chrome or Firefox or whatever Internet Explorer is known as now (Edge?). I think that to get to this board on a mobile device, you go to your browser's icon, open up the browser that way, and then you'll find your Favorites in the top right of the screen, sometimes among a vertical row of tiny dots up there.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #82
                Thanks Agate, I did after the last time I was on, get it installed and bookmarked it. I have not tried to see if I can get logged in, or if there is a way for me to reply. There are no thanks button - yet. I am tired, so will give it another shot tomorrow. I get side tracked with doing other things. I can go on to FB and I spent a little time on there, but need to get messenger if I am going to use that FB. I am not sure that I just simply do not like this big monitor I am on now better than looking at the small screen. I can read the news well, and actually I can see this board pretty good now, but if I don't figure out a way to reply it will not be much good to me.

                Funny, this evening I was talking to my younger brother when he called on my landline, and my older brother from S.C. sent a message on my iPhone and all of a sudden I felt like I had too many phones in my hand. I do like the text feature.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #83
                  It just hit me. I made a dumb statement about using FB and having to have messenger. I don't get that many messages on FB and if I got one I could walk all the way to this computer and read it.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by agate View Post
                    Virginia, I'd be surprised if you could save this board to your icons but all I know about is the iPad and my Android-type of smartphone. I do know that icons are icons, and this board (or any board) probably wouldn't have an icon because it's viewable only with a Web browser like Chrome or Firefox or whatever Internet Explorer is known as now (Edge?). I think that to get to this board on a mobile device, you go to your browser's icon, open up the browser that way, and then you'll find your Favorites in the top right of the screen, sometimes among a vertical row of tiny dots up there.
                    I know almost nothing about technology but I have an iPad and I put this page on it. All I ever do is click on this page which I put on the icon page. I have WiFi...no cellular...but no problem. On my iPad I simply click on the little mail square with an arrow coming out the top. It is at the top of the page you are looking at. Click that and you can do many things in addition to mailing the page. ONE THING YOU CAN CLICK ON IS “add to home page”. That’s easy isn’t it?
                    Linda~~~~

                    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                    Comment


                      #85
                      I recall how mystified I was with the iPad at first. It turns out you have to bring up the keyboard from the bottom of the screen, usually by swiping. Then you have to press a special button on the bottom right to send the message. My smartphone works the same way. Virginia, if you can get a book to guide you through some of the "how to's" it would be helpful.

                      I've had good luck with the Dummies books, and there seems to be an iPhone for Dummies book.

                      Or you can ask your questions in a Google search. I've had surprisingly good results doing that. I try to keep the questions straightforward and not too complex because Google doesn't know what to look for if it gets too complicated.
                      Last edited by agate; 06-09-2019, 09:36 PM.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Getting eaten alive up here in the mountains. The No-See-'ems are out in force. I react so very strongly to insect bites. One bit me on the eyelid and eye swelled shut within an hour. By then , the only pharmacy was closed till this morning so I got some Benadryl t abs and spray and the pharmacy tech recommended the OTC allergy eye drops to be applied to the lid. It brought the swelling down so my eye is 3/4 of the way open.

                        It is about 10 degrees warmer here (225 miles north of home) in the mountains that is is down by the shore. Close to 80 right now.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          WHen there are no see ums at the beach its usually when there is no wind. I found that as soon as I hosed down in the shower, they left me alone. If its hot, in NC, you might hose down and see if it helps you too. Its an old surfer trick.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Thanks Linda, but that sends me in the opposite direction. From my iPhone to here and I want to go from here to my iPhone. However, now that I have bookmarked it on my iPhone it will probably be alright. I haven't turned my phone on today so I hope it still works.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                              Thanks Linda, but that sends me in the opposite direction. From my iPhone to here and I want to go from here to my iPhone. However, now that I have bookmarked it on my iPhone it will probably be alright. I haven't turned my phone on today so I hope it still works.
                              I was thinking that the Apple iPad and Apple iPhone would work generally the same way....
                              That was probably silly of me because john’s iPad works differently than mine....not a lot but just enough to make things tricky!
                              Linda~~~~

                              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                              Comment


                                #90
                                To add onto my previous post,there is also a spray that claims to repel no see ums (a homeopathic spray) I got either on line or at my surf shop. If I find it today, I will post it. It doesnt work as well as the getting wet does. I highly recommend getting wet as a no See um repellant. ...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X