Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Such a blow to a person's dignity. I'm sure he must sometimes worry that he's now worthless. Probably he welcomes any reassurances that he's still of value even if he seems angry when he hears those reassurances. At some level he appreciates them and will keep them in mind.

    Maybe denial isn't such a bad thing. I think that if I had evidence of dementia to the point where people were insisting that I accept it, I'd keep telling myself that I was just having some aging problems--and I might tell others that too if they got too insistent. It would be far easier for me to accept memory failure and cognitive problems if I thought of them as just part of the way people often are as they age.

    Nuthatch mentioned that he probably doesn't want everyone watching his every move. That would be the way I would feel too.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #92
      Maybe the point is well taken, Ikoiko, but it would go down better if it came from a moderator. And I'm not so sure it's a point that needs to be made.
      Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019, 02:58 AM. Reason: removed personal name
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #93
        I think we all have different levels of comfort in terms of what we put on the forum. I tend to be more worried about what is in the digital world than someone else might feel. So worried about cyber privacy that we do not have Alexa and gave back an echo given to me, for one example.


        Neither is right or wrong, it’s just what that person or this person may have different ideas about cyber privacy. Obviously, I put less info on my posts, because that is right for me.
        Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019, 06:10 AM.

        Comment


          #94
          I have been a member here since before the forum was moderated. Those were the wild west days. I don't post much, but read every day.
          Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019, 03:01 AM. Reason: removed reference to member

          Comment


            #95
            Ikoiko, you've done this before, and my reaction at the time was precisely the same --I wished you had sent a PM first rather than raising a question about a post here on the board--or communicated with a moderator about it if appropriate.

            All too often there are misunderstandings that can be straightened out with a simple exchange of messages privately between yourself and the person or persons whose posts you have questions about.
            Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019, 03:02 AM.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #96
              It did not make ME uncomfortable, I am just letting you know that more people read here than you think. I do know that you meant your physical communty, church, social and so forth, as you mentioned in an earlier post.

              Who would have thought that we were one degree of separtation apart!
              Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019, 03:03 AM.

              Comment


                #97
                P.S. There are 196 guests reading right now.

                Comment


                  #98
                  Ikoiko, maybe you missed some of the discussions here about that oddly large number of "guests" who are always listed as viewing this board. It's been pretty well established that the vast majority of them are bots--bogus registrations set up for purposes of trolling the Web, usually for e-mail addresses that people happen to post. They're not real people. If you've looked at the Member List in recent years, you'll see vast numbers of people registered who have 0 posts, and their user names usually indicate that they aren't real. You get to recognize them after a while, and just about everyone on that long member list is in that category.

                  Some are real, of course, and this board has such a long (and active) history that there are surely real people who occasionally drop by and read, or who read here regularly but aren't saying anything. Yes, there may be some out there who are part of the real world each one of us lives in, but that unfortunately is the chance we all take on the Internet, I think.

                  As message boards go, I think that this one is far better at being on the lookout for possible trouble than most.

                  A possible way around this particular situation might be to assign a different name to the person she's discussing and to leave out details that would clearly indicate the person's identity. Just a thought.
                  Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019, 03:04 AM. Reason: removed name
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    This is Sam. I am not a bot, but post when daddy is asleep.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      :) I appreciate your posts and I can alter my prayers to fit the way things are. I too post personal info and feel safe doing it in chitchat.

                      I had PT today. Again managed about 20 steps with the walker, stood with the walker for 2 minutes and 48 seconds. I am slowly getting there.

                      I miss being able to just go out but it will happen eventually. I just got notice that my medical insurance has put my PCP back on it's service. I am happy I do not have to find a new doctor.

                      Rose thank you for posting about you and Jim on that thread. I pray for all the posters on this board daily. Jeanie :)
                      Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019, 06:11 AM. Reason: typo

                      Comment


                        Ikoiko, I do not know you so I cannot say where you are coming from. However, I will say that what is shared on here with other members is (I am pretty sure) kept just between us. I hope you remember that and if you really have been coming on here all these years why did you wait so long to start posting? If you really did care about the private things that are posted here why did it take you so long to speak up? Just asking!!
                        I think since Agate has indicated that you have done this type thing before that you might just be a trouble maker. But that is just my opinion.
                        Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019, 03:06 AM. Reason: removed personal names
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          In Ikoiko's defense, she has indeed been a registered member here for many years. You can search her previous posts both on this board and on the archived board.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            I am not trying to cause trouble. I am trying to PROTECT. This forum is very PUBLIC!
                            Last edited by Moderator #2; 08-17-2019, 06:15 AM. Reason: Removed personal names

                            Comment


                              P.S. I did read the previous posts about most guests being bots.

                              Comment


                                Okay, everyone I am calming down a little. With me, it is kind of like, if you attack my family you attack me and I got the impression that this person was attacking one of us.

                                Jeanie, so proud of what you are doing. You really are doing so good. I hope you just keep it up. I know you want to get out, however remember how hot it is out there and that might take a little of the sting of being inside away.

                                Sam, it is so good to see you. Thanks for posting and please say hello to Howie for us.

                                Agate, I wonder if it is real hot in Oregon? If so, how do you manage your walks?

                                It is to be in the mid to upper 90s here all week, but I have to go get my hair cut and colored tomorrow afternoon. Just dread getting out.

                                I had a telephone call this morning from a lady that I use to be best friends with. The friendship lasted for many years and at times it wore me out. She was diagnosed as bi-polar and then the diagnosis was later rescinded she said at that time. Anyway, after my husband passed away she became very controlling and wanted to run my life. After much thought I got out of the friendship in order to be less stressed. This was shortly after my diagnosis. We have talked a couple of times since then, but I was surprised when she called me this morning. However, it was good to hear from her and the talk was good. When I saw her number I was afraid she or her husband had died. Thankfully, that was not the case. While, I do not wish to become best friends again I am happy that contact has been somewhat re-established. She told me she loved me, and I think that she means it.

                                Laura came today. She did not come last week. She told me she was going to the beach, but she did not. She is going the end of this week and coming back next Tuesday. She said she would be here on Wednesday. Sure hope she does come then.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X