Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Agate, I just recently heard that song being sung in the movie Ghost by Patrick Swayze. Now it shows up again!

    It is 1:30AM here. I need to go to bed. See y'all tomorrow or maybe I should say later today.
    Virginia

    Comment


      2:18 a.m. and were still partying hard at just 6 registered users and 1366 guests! Sure!

      Comment


        On my SPS forum, when I post something new on a thread, or start a thread, the count immediately rises usually. Although this past week, the count remains at 30 and hasn’t dropped despite my poor attendance. I figur lots of bots, but some are real SPS hunter patients

        Comment


          How do you see the number of guests, and number of members?
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            At the bottom of the first page you see when you visit the MS forum, you find a section called "Forum Information and Options," and under it you'll find "Users browsing this forum." Under that you'll find how many are currently online at this forum--906 just now as it happens.

            If you visit some other BrainTalk forum, you'll find a different figure, usually far less than the 906 showing up here, but that may be just because the MS forum always has been one of the most active sections here. Also, MS is one of the more common neurological disorders.

            That number is broken down into registered users and "guests," as you'll see. The "guests" are often not real people. If you look at the Member List, you'll find that BrainTalk has 55,186 members, most of whom aren't real. If they visit here without being logged in, they're "guests." At least that's how I understand it.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              Thanks Agate, I see it now.
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                Your name would show up there too but you've made yourself invisible.

                Has Sam made herself invisible too? Every time something goes haywire with this board, I of course suspect Sam, but she's never showing up as online. I'm just sure it's all her fault. She's probably the one dragging those 900+ guests in here. They're all her guests.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  That's VERY possible! Instead of bots, lets just call them cats!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    The last time I was here I checked the number after it was being talked about. It had gone down to 200 something. So perhaps I chased them away. Can't a party that way.
                    I now see 10 members and 467 guests.
                    Last edited by Parsi; 08-25-2019, 11:52 AM.

                    Comment


                      No, I'm sure you didn't chase them away, Parsi. Once again it had to be Howie's formidable cat Sam. She brings them here, and then she probably chases them away. She chalks that up on her list of daily achievements.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        I was watching a Good Will (shopgoodwill.com) auction online. They were selling someone’s frog collection. I thought of our Vicky.

                        Tomorrow, if I think I can sit most of the day, we are driving to Albany. One of Peter’s relatives has been told to get his affairs in order. We plan to spend a little time with him and stop somewhere to swim - maybe- on the way home.

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          I did not go to Albany. It’s one of those trade-off decisions we have to make. I realized that it was like driving to the tip of Cape Cod and back in one day. I can’t sit that long even with breaks. ;-(

                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            I watch mostly Comet TV. It stopped coming in Friday. So finally, I went online and found out how to contact them, told them the problem, and am waiting on an email to answer my questions. So busy today!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              Hurry up and wait--that seems to happen a lot.

                              I waited all day for a callback from the eye doctor's office. No call. I was also waiting for a scheduled package delivery by UPS, supposed to be here by 4:45. It might still get here. I was hoping it would arrive today so I could put it together before the hotter weather starts up tomorrow.

                              It's a stand for the printer to sit in. That's the printer that isn't here yet but I've checked out its dimensions.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                Agate glad you are getting a new printer. Sorry about all the waiting you are having to do. That’s aggravating.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X