Nice job Agate! I did not know Agate is your real first name :) how did the news get wind of what you did?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OT July Chit Chat
Collapse
X
-
:) Hi everyone. Congratulations Nuthatch. Happy Independence Day everyone.
Andy and I took Lacy and went up to Jim's for hamburgers and family get together. I put Lacy's Thunder Shirt on and hope it helps some.
Tomorrow is Andy's birthday. I gave him a card with money. Jamie's birthday is on the same day. They used to go to breakfast on the pier at the beach for their birthdays. Andy is working tomorrow. I will see if he wants to go to the pier Friday or Saturday.
The green algae is in all the rivers here and on some of the beaches and it is toxic. They have been saying for 20 years or more they need to release the Lake Okeechobee excess water South but they have done nothing to make it happen. The heat index here is 105 and it feels like a sauna. I am thankful for AC. Jeanie :)
Comment
-
It boils my blood how money has destroyed our beautiful environment. A few weeks ago our governor, a sociopath in my opinion, accepted a $100,000 "contribution" from U.S. Sugar. Think that might be why he has diverted our voter approved amendment money into paying salaries rather than buying up land south of lake Okeechobee for the water to drain into?Originally posted by Jeanie Z View Post:) Hi everyone. Congratulations Nuthatch. Happy Independence Day everyone.
Andy and I took Lacy and went up to Jim's for hamburgers and family get together. I put Lacy's Thunder Shirt on and hope it helps some.
Tomorrow is Andy's birthday. I gave him a card with money. Jamie's birthday is on the same day. They used to go to breakfast on the pier at the beach for their birthdays. Andy is working tomorrow. I will see if he wants to go to the pier Friday or Saturday.
The green algae is in all the rivers here and on some of the beaches and it is toxic. They have been saying for 20 years or
more they need to release the Lake Okeechobee excess water South but they have done nothing to make it happen. The heat index here is 105 and it feels like a sauna. I am thankful for AC. Jeanie :)
People are hopping mad. It made the CNN news. Twice this week, but they only show the destruction, and not the crooked politics that cause it.
Comment
-
Well, I had already gotten in bed, under the covers, ready to go to sleep. Then I remembered I hadn't even taken my second dose of the two meds I take 3 times a day.
Then I remembered I hadn't watched the movie Independence Day today, and it's been a sort of tradition for me. It's so bad, it's good.
So I think I'm going to make me a mini pot of coffee, or a MUG of coffee, and watch it. Heck, I might just make two!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Come on Virginia, fix you a nice pot of coffee, add a little French Vanilla creamer. Mmmmmm, it's so good. You get used to the caffeine and it doesn't make you jittery. You can even throw a few ice cubes in it if you would rather have it cold!"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Howie, would it make me nicer to you?
Agate, I tried, but could not find how to do this on windows 10. Your information refreshed my memory and I looked for a sticky that I had written how to do something like this many years ago. I could do it then. I went to settings, control panel, internet connections, internet option, delete cookies, delete files and it worked back then. Now that I have windows 10 I can't find any of that.
When I talk to my brother (it will probably be 2 weeks) I will ask him how I can do this. He has windows 10 and maybe can tell me. Thanks anyway. I am keeping your info along with what I already had.Virginia
Comment
-
Virginia, isn't Windows 10 using something called Edge instead of Internet Explorer? I found this:
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
BBS, you asked about how I got into the news. I guess the newspeople were having a slow time and looking for a human interest story. They just happened to be on the scene.
As for ice cubes in the Diet Pepsi or Diet Coke, they're a refinement I gave up on long ago. I keep the bottles in the refrigerator and that's cold enough. Even if I let a glass of it sit around so it gets warm, I don't mind.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
That myth about ice impairing digestion originated in a lot of countries where ice is a luxury and used to keep food safe, not something frivolous like chilling a drink. You'll notice that nothing is said about eating ice cream, or fruit ices common in European countries! Or even ice in alcoholic beverages. A cold soda, or glass of milk, or cold beer aren't any less cold than a soda poured over ice. Cold beverages are no match for digestive juices in the stomach which will dissolve any fat, just as they do with any other substances you eat.
Comment
-
Beer? Did someone mention beer?
Today, I will have had 6 beers (still working on the last two) and three of my mugs of coffee. That's what I call a balanced diet.Last edited by Howie; 07-04-2016, 06:31 PM."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Oh that's right, it's after 11 (snicker) so you have all gone to bed.
My brother called today, and we talked a long time. I said I was concerned because we hadn't talked for awhile, and it ended up being computer problems. Me probably.
I go to Facebook, and there's this endless stream of notifications, and I do these mass deletes, and his email must have been lost in that mess. Oops!
So it was a nice long talk. Whenever I talk to him, when it ends, I always say, I love you brother, and he says he loves me too. I love that because we never know when we see, or talk to someone, it can be the last time. Life is that way, and I would like, I love you, to be the last words I spoke to that person.
Howie is headed to bed, so....I love you."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment


Comment