Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT July Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Well that is so wry cool Ms. agate :) you are our resident celebrity translator now :)

    Well, I am an idiot. I took off surfing today to arrive on time for my early appointment with the doc. Sadly, I was 24 hours early... Will try tomorrow, had to cancel tomorrow's surfing. And today's waves looked fun. Probably good to stay in a/c for a day :) maybe order a new brain from Amazon.

    Comment


      Santa came last night. I got up and opened the front door this morning, and there's my new coffee maker and supplies. I'm having my first cup as I type. And it's the one I sent Santa on my Christmas list.

      It's already 83 outside, but I don't care. I'm in drinking coffee today.

      Merry Christmas everyone!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        Agate, the thing about your post that baffles me, (the one about you interpreting Russian) is Joan is really your name. How did anyone but us get Agate?
        Virginia

        Comment


          Originally posted by Virginia View Post
          Agate, the thing about your post that baffles me, (the one about you interpreting Russian) is Joan is really your name. How did anyone but us get Agate?
          Oh my. There was no news story--I made that up, and I used my user name plus a made-up rhyming last name so as not to put my entire real name here on this board. Helping someone in Russian was a significant event for me--drumroll, please--and I thought it really should be a news story. Even though it wasn't.

          If it had been a real news story, I would have given the source.

          I'm so sorry to have misled anyone!
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            Liar, liar, pants on fire!!!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              Originally posted by agate View Post
              Oh my. There was no news story--I made that up, and I used my user name plus a made-up rhyming last name so as not to put my entire real name here on this board. Helping someone in Russian was a significant event for me--drumroll, please--and I thought it really should be a news story. Even though it wasn't.

              If it had been a real news story, I would have given the source.

              I'm so sorry to have misled anyone!
              That is wonderful! I may try that writers trick someday. Here I felt bad that your folks gave you a bad rhyming name :)
              Last edited by Sunshine; 07-05-2016, 01:01 PM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Howie View Post
                Oh that's right, it's after 11 (snicker) so you have all gone to bed.

                My brother called today, and we talked a long time. I said I was concerned because we hadn't talked for awhile, and it ended up being computer problems. Me probably.

                I go to Facebook, and there's this endless stream of notifications, and I do these mass deletes, and his email must have been lost in that mess. Oops!

                So it was a nice long talk. Whenever I talk to him, when it ends, I always say, I love you brother, and he says he loves me too. I love that because we never know when we see, or talk to someone, it can be the last time. Life is that way, and I would like, I love you, to be the last words I spoke to that person

                Howie is headed to bed, so....I love you.
                Wonderful post :)

                Comment


                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    Agate is not like Howie. She doesn't " go where everybody knows her name" !
                    Love, Sally


                    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                    Comment


                      Wasn't that from Cheers? That was a good show.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Howie View Post
                        Wasn't that from Cheers? That was a good show.
                        "Hic" belly up to the bar.lol
                        " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                        Peg

                        Comment


                          Agate, actually that is what I thought that post was and that is the reason I brought it up. I thought it was funny that you thought of doing that and then posting it as a quote. You should do more. It was quite good.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            Mizz Kitty, tha sherrif dun ben ridin' tha range, an dun worked up a powerful thirst. Giv me ma regular!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Howie View Post
                              Mizz Kitty, tha sherrif dun ben ridin' tha range, an dun worked up a powerful thirst. Giv me ma regular!


                              I dun have it heres,, but 1st we gots give dat horse his usual,, its a Colt 44 Rum and Oats,,
                              " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                              Peg

                              Comment


                                To get philosophical for a moment.....Doesn't everyone want a Cheers in their life....a place where they are welcome, where there are warm greetings, friendly faces, people which miss you when you're not there, wonder about your well-being......indeed, where "....everybody knows your name"?

                                Doesn't have to be a bar. Could be a church or other place of worship, a coffee shop, bookstore, hamburger joint...just some place where you go regularly, know the folks there, they know you, care about you, care enough about you to be able to know when you're ready for a joke, or need a hug, or need a beer, or a good cry...

                                Much like this place in cyberworld. But my wish for you all..and for me...that somewhere there's a Cheers in your life...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X