Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT October Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sally, hope you enjoyed all your activity for the day.

    Jeanie, I too, did not know you could get banned from FB, and certainly not for supporting the Queen of England.
    Virginia

    Comment


      Well I did my part to support the Queen!!!

      I'm just getting up! I was smart and started the coffee before I finally went to bed. Got up and did my cat chores, and carried my coffee back here, and other than MAYBE making a meal, I'm done for the day. What a life!

      Enjoy the rest of your day!

      Sam, I found out why my ears were burning.....
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        Vicky, that's very wise--avoiding messing with Howie. Howie has those two cat bodyguards who are fairly fierce. AND he pulls your teeth if you don't watch out.

        Some of us go to dentists instead. I do, for instance. I put in an appearance at the dentist's today for a 6-month checkup and was told everything is fine. Xrays were taken, teeth were cleaned, and I was sent home with a couple of brushes, some special floss, and a toothpaste sample.

        You wouldn't get all of those goodies if you went to Howie for your dental care.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          I could give a cookie when you are done, IF I left you enough teeth to eat it.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            Agate, glad things went to well at the Dentist. Hope my appointment in approximately 2 weeks works out the same as yours.

            I noticed Jeanie does not seem to have put in for an appointment with Howie to pull her tooth. I think she is being very wise. Howie, it would have to be an awfully good cookie.
            Virginia

            Comment


              A Vanilla Wafer, just a plain, simple cookie without all that extra junk that's bad for your teeth. SAM, bring me my pliers!!! Okay, who's next?
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                Dr. Howie is in conference. He has to confer with his cats. If anyone wants to make a dental appointment, please call back some other time.

                Howie, do you do root canals?
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  No, we don't do all that fancy filling or rooting, I just pull them, but each pulling comes with a lifetime guarantee! Once it's been pulled, that tooth will never give you any problem again. Let's see any of those fancy dentists give a guarantee like THAT!

                  And all those fancy dentists have their degrees and papers bragging where they have been. Well I have papers framed and hanging proudly on my walls from NASA saying my name is now on the planet Mars!!

                  They know my dental work all over this Solar System!!!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Howie View Post
                    Well I have papers framed and hanging proudly on my walls from NASA saying my name is now on the planet Mars!!
                    I'm sure you do.



                    Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                    Comment


                      There's the plaque that I will hang on the front door of my office. Thank you Vicky, and in exchange, I will give you a FREE tooth pulling. Step on in my office, and have a seat in that big chair in the middle.

                      SAM, we have a customer who exchanged that cool plaque on the front door for a free tooth pulling. So wash your paws this time, and bring me the pliers!
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        How about a BOGO offer--pay to have one tooth pulled, and you'll pull another at no extra cost? Sounds like a real bargain to me.

                        As for those plaques on the wall, I believe you can get those made up for yourself, and they look very official, particularly in a nice frame and well positioned on the wall. I tend not to believe in plaques on anyone's wall any more, ever since I knew a very incompetent building manager whose office wall contained a number of framed plaques showing merit and excellence and all sorts of other good things. I'm almost positive she had them made for herself.

                        Still, that's a great guarantee, Howie. You'll be having more patients than you know what to do with if you don't watch out.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Cat Dancer View Post
                          ...

                          We're having bathroom problems now...the floor of the only handicap accessible bathroom in the house is leaking....tiles on the floor started to bulge, is how we noticed it. Right now the floor is all torn up. I can't shower (can still use the sink and toilet). We had one person come in today to look at it and give us an estimate on repairs. We need to get a new shower pan --a shower floor, and maybe two walls. I cant use the three that are in a normal shower surround, as the third wall would make the rest of the bathrooml inaccessible to me. The space is really small, and not much floor space. I think we might have to get someone in who can customize the space somehow. Bummer. I can see the dollar signs already.....

                          ...
                          I've been meaning to ask--how do you go about finding a person or company who will do the job you want in a timely way without overcharging?

                          Back when I had a house, that was always a problem though I never had to deal with hiring someone for that particular type of job. I did hire contractors to shore up the terraced back yard. The job involved removing the existing railroad tie walls and replacing them with new ones.

                          As I recall I went to the phone book and found some people who'd been in business for many years. But that was about all I had to go on. Nowadays maybe a Website like Yelp could be of some use?
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by agate View Post
                            I've been meaning to ask--how do you go about finding a person or company who will do the job you want in a timely way without overcharging?

                            Back when I had a house, that was always a problem though I never had to deal with hiring someone for that particular type of job. I did hire contractors to shore up the terraced back yard. The job involved removing the existing railroad tie walls and replacing them with new ones.

                            As I recall I went to the phone book and found some people who'd been in business for many years. But that was about all I had to go on. Nowadays maybe a Website like Yelp could be of some use?
                            Most of the time we ask around the neighborhood to see who has had work done, then ask the neighbor if they'd recommend the contractor. We also have our favorite neighborhood bar -- we've been going there for the 20 years we've lived there, know a lot of the people (who live in our area, if not in our immediate neighborhood), and they also have a bulletin board of various business cards of local businesses. The guy who owns the bar is a native of our area, goes back 3 generations, and so knows a lot of people, too. I do research on the internet too, by typing in the company name and the word "reviews" and often get to web sites where the reviews exist, both good and bad.

                            Right now I've got 3 companies bidding. One has submitted an estimate, the other two haven't as yet, but I know they're pending. I hope to get those in by the weekend, and get work started next week.
                            ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                            Comment


                              That's our method, too, Cat. We also check to see if they are licensed and insured. We verify those w the state and City.

                              Lazarus got 1-2" of snow last night, I think.

                              I got out to a lunch today. A Vietnamese/Cambodian small restaurant. I had a chicken,scallion, ginger dish and the best limeade I have ever had. I walked home.

                              Tomorrow I hope to vote early.
                              ANN
                              Last edited by stillstANNding; 10-27-2016, 02:51 PM.
                              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                              Comment


                                :) Hi everyone. I wonder if your county has a program to help make accessibility for local people. Or maybe the MS Society or one of the MS organizations helping with it financially.

                                Yesterday I was so sleepy in the afternoon I went to bed at 4 PM to take a nap. When I woke at 6:30 there was no power. All the things I had required heat, so I ate some cake and some cheese and went back to bed. The power finally came on at 10. This morning I slept until 10. I think I could sleep 24 hours straight. Tomorrow I have to take the van to the mobility place to leave it for the day. Andy will pick me up.

                                They claim all the new vans they just have to hook something to the computer and it tells them what to do. My van being 17 years old they are going to have to call the company that made the part they ordered and see what to do. It is scary to think my van might not work right after all the money for the part.

                                I cannot go anywhere without it. Please say a prayer for it to be good. Jeanie :)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X