Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    I'm one of the weird ones (who would have thought it) but I don't read books. The last one I read was A Brief History of Time by Steven Hawking. I don't think it would be a point of discussion. But a Book thread is a good idea. Why don't you start it, and ask a mod to make it a sticky?
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #47
      My e-mail is on the blink. It hasn't worked since last night. I was on the phone with Spectrum this afternoon for a little over two hours with no luck. They now have access to my computer and are hopefully working on it. It is driving me nuts.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #48
        Virginia, that's the kind of problem I find very unsettling too. With e-mail there are so many little settings that can go wrong--settings within settings within settings!
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #49
          ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

          Virginia ~

          Are you using web email? I have Spectrum and am also having problems with my email. I use Apple email on my Mac, and suddenly, I received a notice that a "certificate" had "expired." I spent 2 hours with Spectrum, then the tech turned me over to an Apple tech, where I spent 3 hours, and it's still not resolved. I am now using Spectrum's web mail, and it stinks.

          I hope that your issue is resolved soon. I know what you're going through, because this is driving me nuts too (and this happened a couple of weeks ago).

          Love & Light,

          Rose
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

          Comment


            #50
            Oh Please Rose, say it isn't so!!! NOT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AND STILL NOT FIXED!!! I am using Live Mail. They are still working on mine - I guess. They have control of my e-mail, but what else could I do. It was working fine and then I just realized I was not receiving any e-mail, then I found I could not send any.

            I hope yours gets straightened out soon. I find it nerve racking. I get e-mail from Doctors, insurance, etc and I know you do also. Not to mention all the people that think I am ignoring them.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #51
              :) I have always used AOL email and seldom have problems and when I call with a problem they fix it. Friends tell me it is not the best to use but I know the ins and outs of it so I stick with it. Jeanie :)

              Comment


                #52
                ((((((Virginia)))))) ~

                Spectrum should have web mail on your browser, where you can send and receive mail. Who was your provider before Spectrum took over? On your browser, try going to mail.(whatever the name of your previous provider was).com You should land on a Spectrum web mail website. Type in your email address, then your email password. Log in. There's your mail.

                It's not an easy site to navigate, but at least you can receive and send mail.

                I hope that works for you. If not, call Spectrum and ask them for the web mail address. Call them anyway and ask them what's going on with your email. I wouldn't wait for them. Hound them. You're paying for their service. And they're not serving you. Tell them that you want a rebate on your bill for every day that you don't have your email. That might get their attention. Or, that you'll go to a different server, like Verizon, or ...

                I haven't had the energy or time to deal with it, so I just suffer with the web mail for now.

                Good Luck!!

                Love & Light,

                Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                Comment


                  #53
                  I've had good luck with G-mail but I also use Google Chrome as the browser. I have an alternative e-mail address at gmx.com but never use it. I was originally going to try to funnel less important mail there but that plan didn't work well.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Agate, I tried to answer your PM, it said your inbox was too full to send it. Just an FYI.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Howie, I received an e-mail from BrainTalk letting me know and have cleared out the Inbox. I'll even make an effort to clear it out still more later today so that this problem won't be likely to happen for a while. Sorry!
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        I'll call off Sam who was ready to spring a baseball bat attack on you.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #57
                          While you're in conference with Sam, you might want to tell her she may need to resend that PM because I haven't received it.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Sorry, it's gone now. Mostly thank you for that info.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Back from CA and truly wiped out!. So many detours to get around fires. We spent an awful lot of time on the road changing routes. Programs were small (16 and 20 people) compared to the ones I have been doing previously this year (40-100 people). I ache. And I am not sleeping well. And my ankles are huge!


                              Went for my first massage in nearly 2 months. Normally do one twice a week. Helpful but she was horrified at how I has "slipped". No more travel till at least February or March. I am faculty on the MS Foundation Cruise in April and have been told that they will likely want me to do at least 4 programs in March. Sadly the federal government is cutting back on some of the patient centered research programs in this administration so a number of the committees on which I serve may no longer meet face to face in 2018 and that is grief producing as we seemed to be doing such good work.

                              Got the candles in the windows today and tomorrow will go to a friend's memorial service. Girls and grand kids are coming to get the trees for all three houses early in the morning. I am Sooooooo tired!

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Cherie, go to bed!

                                It's snowing here, and supposed to be at least 5" before it's over. Bring it on, I'm stocked up.
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                                Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X