Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT April Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Jeanne, here it is:

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      NO seizures today!!!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
        Sunshine, I don't know what you mean about "the first several days lost IVIG." I thought you got a boost from it that lasted a few days?

        I hope you improve if you are not well.

        ANN
        Typo. Should be Post, not lost!

        Comment


          :) Ann thank you for the link to Jim's page. Jeanie :)

          Comment


            I had planned to come on tonight and post, but can't make it as long as I had intended. You can look at the time and see why. I felt better today and spent part of the day on the house, part on me and then I called my long, lost friend that I mentioned on a prior post. We talked between 2 1/2 and 3 hours. We have not seen each other since grade school, but we just took right off. She is a widow. One surprise I had was that her Mother lived to be two months short of 105 years old. She went into assistant living at 98 and then the last two or three years she was in a nursing home, but until the age of 95 (when she fell and broke her hip) she lived alone and took care of everything. We are going to be FB friends, so maybe we will not talk so much on the phone.

            I have to get nails done tomorrow and go to grocery store. Will talk to you all later. Hope I still feel better tomorrow, and was certainly glad I did today so that I could have fun catching up a lifetime with my friend.

            Found one friend today, but came on here to find I had lost one on here. So I am very sad.
            Last edited by Virginia; 04-19-2018, 07:06 PM.
            Virginia

            Comment


              Glad you are some better, Virginia.

              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                :) Andy and Jim came today and they got the porch roof panels back up. Andy also mowed the yard and Jim fixed my computer. I will now go take a nap. Jeanie :)

                Comment


                  I went to my neighbor's wake last night and the mass today. The church is catty-corner to my house. It was good to have a dedicated time to process my feelings. I found out she did call her sister for help at 5:02 and 5:04 AM. Her sister didn't see that she had missed calls until almost 10 AM. Ruth, my neighbor, just says that she needs help. I don't know why she didn't call me or 911.

                  At the end of mass they announced that the burial was private. There was no invite to meet the family for lunch. I didn't need a meal but I needed the stories. I needed to laugh. I did get to walk home w my neighbor who shares another border w Ruth and me. We did some talking but most of the congregants were at loose ends.

                  Ruth and Vicky, too much for one week.
                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    I know what you mean, ANN, about missing a chance to get together with people who knew someone who died. Many people are opting to have no service, and I believe the idea is to spare their loved ones the effort and expense of putting a service together, but I think people do welcome a chance to assemble in honor of the person who has died, pay their respects to the family, and share the sadness.

                    I sound like one of those people who turn up at funerals just because I like going to them. I hate funerals and memorial services because they are unbearably sad--but have to admit that they have a purpose.

                    Maybe there will be a service later for your neighbor, ANN.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                      ANN ~

                      I'm so sorry. Losing two friends in a matter of days, both of them completely unexpected. This compounds grief, as does the inability to share your grief as well as your joy in knowing and loving someone. It's often said that funerals and memorial services are for the living, those left behind to deal with the empty space once filled by their loved ones.

                      Perhaps in a week or two, you and Ruth's other neighbor, and a couple of others, might meet for tea/coffee/brunch to share your memories of Ruth and find solace together. Maybe order something on the menu, which you all think Ruth would like, and share it. Maybe each bring something to give to each other in her memory, a small token, which reminds you of her.

                      I'm thinking of you, ANN and sending healing energy your way ~

                      Love & Light,



                      Rose
                      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                      Comment


                        There was a service, I was there. The burial was for family only. And then there wasn't the usual "please join the family for lunch in the church hall in 30" (or whenever, wherever).

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          I'm so sorry this has been such a difficult time for you, ANN. I agree that a get together is an important time for others to share their grief. I had a relative who passed suddenly and all we were told was there there would be no service or memorial. I definitely felt the loss of not being able to connect with others who shared my grief, and not being able to have closure with family and friends.

                          Funny, I'd never known the importance until there wasn't a get together where I could interact and share stories with other loved ones.

                          But it is important.

                          Howie, any more seizures? I echo others - you don't know the cause, and it's incredibly important to be evaluated and put on the correct medication to control them.

                          Seizures should be taken seriously as a sign of brain dysfunction, and their cause determined. You may play a dentist in real life, but you sir, are no doctor!

                          Virginia, I hope you're feeling better!

                          Jeanie, glad your boys were so helpful around your place. It's so refreshing not to read of any more van troubles for you too!
                          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                          Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                          Comment


                            Ann, rough week for you. I know you were already upset about your neighbor and then Vicky. I am like you, I need an ending in order to grieve before I can get on with things. I know you are still hurting over Joy and must feel that you are being bombarded. Sometime life just seems to come in waves. Take care of yourself and have a good week-end with Peter.

                            Howie, keep us posted this week end so we will know you are alright.

                            Suzie-Q and others thanks for the well wishes for me. I felt better yesterday and today (I just knocked wood).
                            Last edited by Virginia; 04-20-2018, 08:08 PM.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              Suze, I DO know the cause. It was a new BP med my doctor prescribed. I stopped taking it, and no more seizures. Dr. Howie was right......again.

                              Virginia, I'm fine. It was a shock, and has been on my mind all day, but tomorrow is a new day.

                              G'night all!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                :) SuzE-Q I am happy my van is doing good. I pray for it daily. Perhaps Vicky's husband Lenny will come back and post a little more info to help us be okay with her passing. Ann take care of you. We all love you. Virginia and Howie feel better. Jeanie :)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X