Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
    Linda, I am not understanding. Is it for the car battery or some other batteries? You say “it will not charge your vehicle but will jump a dead battery.” What kind of battery?

    ANN
    I was too excited to be clear! I went to amazon and searched Portable battery charger. There are many. It will jump start your car’s dead battery! It is it’s own power source so you do not need to have electricity. It is lightweight and small. Great life saver in an emergency.

    My trucker friend uses one for his truck so it has power.


    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      Our first snow is here and it’s beautiful! It’s going to rain after midnight so it will be gone in the morning.

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        Glad your presentation went well, Cherie!

        I feel pretty good that I'll be able to be free of ativan. Like you, it's just figuring out how to manage disrupted sleep until it works itself out.

        ANN, how have you been feeling? How's your weight, any improvements?

        Linda, that looks like a great gift for a young driver on my holiday list!

        Cat, hope you feel better soon!
        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

        Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

        Comment


          Hi Suze-Q, hope your night is going well. It's great that you are able to get off Ativan. I have been taking something for sleep for years and I have just stopped worrying about it. I have come to the conclusion that it is better to take something and get some sleep than it is to go without sleep. I have always had sleep problems. I know that the lack of sleep can cause health problems, so I had to make a decision and I decided that I would take something and get sleep. I have never taken Ativan.

          Howie, hope your day was good in spite of not being able to take part of your Gabapentin.

          Cherie, so glad about your MA presentation. It is really good to hear that David is rocking it.

          Linda, I am so upset. I live in a townhouse and we have the cluster mailboxes throughout the community. When I got in tonight and stopped by mine, there was a package jammed in there and I was unable to get it out. I can tell that it is my Michele Obama book. I am so angry with my Postman and no way to contact him to ask him to get it out from the back. I will not be going back to the box until Sunday when I go out again.
          Last edited by Virginia; 11-15-2018, 06:34 PM.
          Virginia

          Comment


            4 inches of snow when we were forecast for a dusting to 1" then upgraded to 1-3" got a little rain then more snow and all the while the temp sits at 32. We are supposed to get rain and the snow will likely be gone tomorrow. Bummer! My daughter got a call this evening for an Uber run that should have taken a max of 45 minutes and was out for more than 2 hours. Cars off the road everywhere. Because of the minimal forecast followed by rain, none of the plows are out and no roads are being treated. Our condo has 5" with another 5 overnight and three tomorrow. She is going there with kids for the weekend. We were going then I sat back and reassessed and realized I needed to stop running around and stay put...especially with Thanksgiving in a week and me hosting it.

            Comment


              My two younger brothers from here went to see my older brother in SC today. My middle brother talked to me and said that he looked good and seemed good and in good spirits. His knee is hurting him. There is a screw they left in when they operated and he can feel it moving around and when he stands on it the pain is really bad, but in a sitting position it does not hurt. The surgeon may have to go back in and remove it. He said they talked a lot about me. My older brother was asking questions about me. My middle brother was kind of laughing when he told me and I could just imagine what the three brothers were having to say about their only Sister. Part of it would have been funny. They don't like my politics and they think I am way too independent.

              My older brother had left me a message on my phone and said he was thinking about me and how nice it was of our brothers to drive that far just to spend 3 hours with him. It is a good 5 hours each way, possibly 5 1/2, so they had a long drive. My younger brother drove all the way down and all the way back.
              Virginia

              Comment


                Cherie, we were posting at the same time. This must be your first snow of the year and I am sure it is pretty, but even if it leaves quickly you will probably get plenty more before the winter is over.

                Glad you are going to stay put until next week. Sounds like a good idea.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  Virginia,
                  I love the snow. Growing up in the northern Adirondacks, we did a lot of snowmobiling and it was absolutely wonderful to me. I don;t have that any more but would jump at it if available. Still , I love winter and the snow. And , yes, I will stay put for now and do what needs to be done and nothing more. David seems to have acquired a cold so it is herb teas and juice plus and massages for my sweet man.

                  Comment


                    Virginia, what do you take for sleep? Like Cherie, I'm finding that benadryl is not working.

                    What DOES work is the tea infusion neocitran. I asked my doctor about that today, she said not every day, but, if it gives me restorative sleep and no groggyness, I could use it 3x/week. Something about it gives me an awesome, gentle sleep, no dopey feeling, and with no after effects that benedryl alone does not provide. But, I wonder what other people are using as it has sickness ingredients that I really don't need. It really has been amazing to have beautiful, restful 7 or 8 hour full night sleeps with it, though! I have loved waking up feeling energetic, not sleepy and not dopey. Weird that benadryl alone or any other sleep aid hasn't given me that.

                    So nice that all your brothers had a good visit and had a good gossip session about their only sis, Virginia!

                    Cherie, good to hear you're taking the weather into consideration in your plans! There are too many people on the roads who unfortunately don't!
                    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                    Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                    Comment


                      :) It is hard to imagine snow when our temps are in the high 80's. My ex was coming down tonight and stay for Thanksgiving. He boarded the plane in Portland Maine and before they left the pilot came out and said it was too icy and no planes were landing at the airport they were headed to, so he had to get off. Now he is not sure when he can get out.

                      I have a new friend and she loves to play Rummy Tile. She has been over several times for an evening of games. Most of my friends have died and I miss having friends to do things with. I thank God for giving me a new younger friend.

                      I am doing the same and still doing the stand up sit down and dumbbells. My legs are a little bit stronger. My house scooter broke and Jim took it to be welded. He has it back but can't get it down here for a few days. I will be glad to get it back. It was only $140. and the man welded a reinforcing bar into it also so it won't break there again.

                      The Hoverround I bought for my friend I am going to give to the Salvation Army. I tried the VA and a veteran's group and no takers so I will donate it.

                      I read all the posts but can't remember who said what. But then we all do the best we can. Jeanie :)

                      Comment


                        Suze-Q I have never heard of the tea infusion thingy. Don't know what that is.

                        I just go ahead and take the sleeping pill Zolpidem. I cut a small piece off it so that I am not getting the whole pill. When I am having a hard time sleeping I add 1/2 a valium. I have been taking valium for probably 40 years. Everyone said I would get hooked on it, but I am still taking the same amount, no more, no less that I can tell. I am sure I am addicted to the sleeping pill, but since I have no plans to get off of it I don't think it matters.

                        I just try not to worry about it.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          Virginia, I had an up and down day. I cut the Gabapentin too much, too fast since I had so few left, and I really felt bad. So I put my dear sister on the case. She said it may take two days to hear back from everyone.

                          So I took two, and later started drinking beer, and after awhile, I felt as normal as I ever do. I just saw my doctor on the 2nd, and it says "Continue Gabapentin", at the dose I've been taking it for years, so it boils down to CVS's fault.

                          The only problem is, I'm the one that suffers for it. I'll keep everyone posted.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            Jeanie, we were posting at the same time. I am delighted that you have a new friend to play games with. I know it has added a lot to your life. As the two of you get to know each other better you might find other things you have in common.

                            I am sorry the boy's father can not get out of Maine. I think the snow is going to leave in some places as quickly as it came, so maybe he will still get to come.

                            Where are you all going for Thanksgiving this year? I am sure you are looking forward to it.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              Howie, I wonder if CVS needed a new Rx in order to refill it for the full amount. I am glad your wonderful Sister is on the case. Sisters are great!!!
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                Jeanie, might you want to keep the Hoveround in case of an emergency?

                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X